Daytona State College Employee Reviews

Daytona State College is an Outstanding College!
Associate Professor of Management (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2015
All of the faculty members and the employees are truly committed to the students of this college. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Faculty
Cons
Student Liazons
Very positive environment and enjoyable for those many years working with the college
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Working for so many years in the college i really enjoyed the time with my co-workers.
Wonderful place to work, very positive environment and supportive by management.
Learning process every day with co-workers help and sociable to enjoy the work service providing to our clients.
I loved to work in the college very positive environment, co-workers, clients really enjoyed to work with all of them.
Students and parents were so wonderful specially when I was interpreting to made them feel like home.
Pros
Enjoyed the time in the office.
Cons
Not complained
My immediate supervisor is super. The students are the best.
ESL teacher (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2015
The minute class begins, we fill in the time with learning. Students roll in at different times due to their employment or other commitments. However, a vocabulary assignment is already on the board waiting for them to tackle. Every day is full of new information for me as well as for them. As they learn their new language, I learn about them and how they learn. This helps me become a better teacher. Management give me autonomy and I thrive on this. It allows me to do a better job by knowing my class will not be disturbed during the seemingly short time we have during the semester. My colleagues are supportive and respectful of each other's style and talents. We all learn from one another.The hardest part of the job is letting the students go at the end of the semester. By that time, we've become a family. On the flip side, it is wonderful and rewarding to know the amount of English they learned in a few short weeks.
Pros
the multinational student body
Cons
multilevel classes, no benefits, too few work hours
not very organized
student (Current Employee) –  daytona beachSeptember 16, 2015
Not a huge fan of this school. They need better communication and organizational skills. The lose a lot of things and misinform students.
a great place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2015
a typical day at work is cleaning bathrooms and classrooms collecting trash sweeping and mopping floors.i learned alot about the hispanic culture and there food. both of my co workers are great and we work really good together. setting up for events and then tearing them down. the most enjoyable part is everybody on this campus and the kids
Pros
teachers, coworkers students
Cons
Productive and fun place to help others succeed
Temporary Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FloridaAugust 20, 2015
Encourages students to grow with knowledge and choose majors that they enjoy doing/have an interest in. A typical day in work consists of answering the phones, signing in students and remaining upbeat and friendly.
Enjoted the pure energy and determination of adult students.
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJuly 8, 2015
Teaching GED prep and Adult Ed basic math was rewarding...to see the determinations of these full time workers, parents was inspiring to me. I learned so much from them!
Pros
Short hours and excellent pay!
Cons
Budget cuts..
Overnight shift very quiet and calm
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 15, 2015
Working the overnight shift for Daytona State College demanded much attention to detail. The overnight shift is responsible for securing the campus (every single classroom and building). Then at a appointed time, preparing the campus for business by unlocking every building we previously secured. That's the major part of the job. Apply and find out more for yourself.
Was a good company to work for.
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 8, 2015
Walked into a disaster but with help from the VP able to get it to a working motel.
Great working conditions, although lacked travel to visit family.
Pros
On property accomodation.
Cons
Not allowed to visit family, because they were out of state.
Great Job
Adjunct Professor, Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 6, 2015
Great work environment. No micro-management. Excellent staff in the department. I would definitely go back Full-Time!
Library Services
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FloridaApril 13, 2015
So the day is filled with retrieving books, checking out books, assisting students find books - it's all about learning for these students. Management is patient and open to personal needs, supportive to personal advancement and inclusive when things are changing.
Not the ideal and friendly management
Spanish Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL.March 27, 2015
Co-workers can be hypocritical if they have to face the management. It is local and convenient, but not the greatest place to make a career.
Beneficial
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2015
- 40hrs a week mostly working 6 to 7 days a week
- Slow and Fast paced setting
- Security Professionalism, CPR, and Safety
- Excellent people, most of the time I am at a remote campus location
- varying schedule from day to day week to week
- Benefits
Pros
excellent location of workplace
Cons
varying schedule
Purchasing departments = multi-tasking
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working within the purchasing department very much. Always stayed busy.
Daytona State College is an active and highly populated college campus that spans over six locations. I was able to handle the job with decorum.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work entailed patroling of all spaces to ensure the safety and wellbeing of faculty, students and visitors. Additionally, I responded to all incidents and emergiences and other projects, as may be assigned.

I learned and supported managements objective of of valuing and protecting their most important assets - the students. This was accomplished by working cosesively with coworkers and faculty.

Being a "people person", the most important part of the job was fostering a feeling of secuity and confidence.
Pros
on-going training and acknowledgement for superior performance
Cons
there are no cons
Fun place to work and meet new students
Student Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Falcon CenterJune 23, 2014
Helped students with class registration via computer and phones. I learned about different cultures, degree programs, and how the college ran as a whole. I enjoyed all of my co-workers, they taught me more than I was supposed to learn as a student worker. The hardest part was during the crunch time for registering for classes and the center was full and you tried to get to everyone that needed help in a timely fashion.
Great work environment, great people
Business Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 14, 2014
Daytona State College is an excellent company to work for.

I typically worked with students helping to solidify the concepts taught in live or online classes, and teach one-on-one the practice of accounting, tax, finance, operating systems and many other business courses.

I learned a lot at Daytona State College, they gave me my start both as my community college but also as my employer, my former faculty, now co-workers, encouraged me to work here as I earned my Bachelors and Masters degrees and supported me all the way.

The faculty in the School of Applied Business are the best, they are here because they are passionate about their subjects and they love to teach.

The hardest part of my job is towards the end of the semester when everything is due and everyone wants my help at the same time. I have no problem switching gears from accounting to tax to marketing or Excel, but sometimes I am too popular...

The most enjoyable part of my job are the faculty, staff and students that I get to work with.
Pros
great people, flexible scheduling, great atmosphere.
Helped students in lab
Computer Lab Tech - work study (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 14, 2014
install software and hardware for A+ Hardware course, assisted instructor and students
excited place to volunteer at if you love assisting the elderly
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT/STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 11, 2014
a typical day was getting there an hour early to clean, prepare, and baggage up meals for traveling. then you check the foods that is cooking in the back room and make sure they are ready for serving. the manager was a wonderful person is was effective and cared about her co-workers. the co-workers were older ladies but they too was an enjoyable to be around. the whole job wasn't that hard the only thing was traveling the meals around, sometimes we didn't have enough drivers so it was twice the trip for everyone.
decent
FINANCIAL AID LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  daytona beachApril 25, 2014
These people are decent and I would mind them at all. I would recommend them at some point.

4.3