Daytona State College

Daytona State College Employer Reviews

Teachers were appreciative of the tutoring help I gave to students that needed it..
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 11, 2013
Pros: enjoyment of subject matter, helping others.
Although I was not paid for helping the students, it gave me great satisfaction to know that I was helping students who really needed it. It gave me a chance to use my math degree and meet the students on a one-on-one basis. I learned I really liked helping others, and realizing that, thanks to me, the students that I helped passed the medication administration/math – more... test and were allowed to continue to the next nursing class. – less
Great Program
Science Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Very goodJune 27, 2013
I enjoyed my class and learned a lot in a well rounded school.
An Excellent Beginner Job
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 26, 2013
This job was a funded work- study job at Daytona State College. Here I learned how to sort through award letters and loan forms. I would assisted customers with any Finanical Aid questions they may have for example; how to fill out their FASFA, or any loan paperwork.

I learned that each customers are different and work at difference paces so its best – more... to be patience in totally. Some co-workers worked way harder than others. I would say that hardest part would be when a new semseter is beginning and everyone is waitting until the last minute to done all the paperwork they are required to do and its even harder when your alone. But I would say the best part would be meeting new people and hearing how the customer was grateful that you helped them. – less
Daytona State College
Educator (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 19, 2013
The College is a large scale operation with 6 Campuses in total, it has the feel of a large State School but the internal politics of a small country. If you are a political individual, enjoy forming alliances and possibly working on projects to appease certain individuals, then DSC is the place for you.
Advancement
Student Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no way to advance
This is a great company but advancment is not what you know....it's who you know. If you are not buddies with the right person then you left out. The will adjust the job the fit who they want.
work study
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FlJanuary 22, 2013
this was a work study job when i attended the school. there was a lot of paper work to file.
Excellent
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2013
Daytona State College worked my schedule around my other full time job schedule.

The only reason I am leaving is because of retirement and moving.
This was a great work study position while I went to school full time.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 18, 2012
This was a great work study position while I went to school full time. The campus is small but it has everything you need.
Wonderful Place To Work
Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 26, 2012
Friendly staff and supervisors, beautiful campus. The day-to-day operations are challenging, fun, and never tedious.
An OK place to work.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2012
While employed at TRIAD Personnel I worked at Daytona State College at the Deltona campus. I had to get maintain all of the computers on the campus.

I learned a great deal about computers.

Mangagment was ok.

My coworkers were good.

The hardest part about the job was re-imaging computer labs.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the people – more... I worked with. – less
A quiet and steady work place.
Mac Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: worked alone.
Cons: minimum wage and short hours.
A typical work day would involve me helping students in the printing and computer lab at Daytona State College. I learned about industrial size printers and the proper set up. The management was helpful. The mose enjoyable part of the job was the quietness of the night shift.
I learnt to deal with people
Math Tutor - Academic Support Center (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 13, 2012
Assist students with solving difficult Math problems
The majority of students need help with pre-algebra, and algebra
Diverse and Rewarding Environment
Clinical Educator (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 12, 2012
Adjunct faculty in the Respiratory Therapy program have the opportunity to work with diverse populations and along side program management to arrive at a dynamic approach to teaching in the field of Respiratory Care.
math tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 11, 2012
interesting employment, had many different opportunities for teaching math
do not want to review
Director, International and Special Projects (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 5, 2012
Currently there is a new President so environment is completely different
Seek employment elsewhere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Daytona BeachMarch 16, 2011
During my short tenure at the College, I was very unhappy with lower management operation. I made a mistake for staying as long as I did. But I used this experience at DSC to use in teaching others of flaws in management.