Daytona State College Employee Reviews

Enjoted the pure energy and determination of adult students.
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Short hours and excellent pay!
Cons: Budget cuts..
Teaching GED prep and Adult Ed basic math was rewarding...to see the determinations of these full time workers, parents was inspiring to me. I learned so much from them!
Overnight shift very quiet and calm
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 15, 2015
Working the overnight shift for Daytona State College demanded much attention to detail. The overnight shift is responsible for securing the campus (every single classroom and building). Then at a appointed time, preparing the campus for business by unlocking every building we previously secured. That's the major part of the job. Apply and find out more for yourself.
Was a good company to work for.
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: On property accomodation.
Cons: Not allowed to visit family, because they were out of state.
Walked into a disaster but with help from the VP able to get it to a working motel.
Great working conditions, although lacked travel to visit family.
Great Job
Adjunct Professor, Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 6, 2015
Great work environment. No micro-management. Excellent staff in the department. I would definitely go back Full-Time!
Library Services
Library Technician (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaApril 13, 2015
So the day is filled with retrieving books, checking out books, assisting students find books - it's all about learning for these students. Management is patient and open to personal needs, supportive to personal advancement and inclusive when things are changing.
Not the ideal and friendly management
Spanish Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FL.March 27, 2015
Co-workers can be hypocritical if they have to face the management. It is local and convenient, but not the greatest place to make a career.
Beneficial
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent location of workplace
Cons: varying schedule
- 40hrs a week mostly working 6 to 7 days a week
- Slow and Fast paced setting
- Security Professionalism, CPR, and Safety
- Excellent people, most of the time I am at a remote campus location
- varying schedule from day to day week to week
- Benefits
Purchasing departments = multi-tasking
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working within the purchasing department very much. Always stayed busy.
Daytona State College is an active and highly populated college campus that spans over six locations. I was able to handle the job with decorum.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: on-going training and acknowledgement for superior performance
Cons: there are no cons
A typical day at work entailed patroling of all spaces to ensure the safety and wellbeing of faculty, students and visitors. Additionally, I responded to all incidents and emergiences and other projects, as may be assigned.

I learned and supported managements objective of of valuing and protecting their most important assets - the students. This was accomplished by working cosesively with coworkers and faculty.

Being a "people person", the most important part of the job was fostering a feeling of secuity and confidence.
Fun place to work and meet new students
Student Office assistant (Former Employee), Falcon CenterJune 23, 2014
Helped students with class registration via computer and phones. I learned about different cultures, degree programs, and how the college ran as a whole. I enjoyed all of my co-workers, they taught me more than I was supposed to learn as a student worker. The hardest part was during the crunch time for registering for classes and the center was full and you tried to get to everyone that needed help in a timely fashion.
Great work environment, great people
Business Lab Manager (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: great people, flexible scheduling, great atmosphere.
Daytona State College is an excellent company to work for.

I typically worked with students helping to solidify the concepts taught in live or online classes, and teach one-on-one the practice of accounting, tax, finance, operating systems and many other business courses.

I learned a lot at Daytona State College, they gave me my start both as my community college but also as my employer, my former faculty, now co-workers, encouraged me to work here as I earned my Bachelors and Masters degrees and supported me all the way.

The faculty in the School of Applied Business are the best, they are here because they are passionate about their subjects and they love to teach.

The hardest part of my job is towards the end of the semester when everything is due and everyone wants my help at the same time. I have no problem switching gears from accounting to tax to marketing or Excel, but sometimes I am too popular...

The most enjoyable part of my job are the faculty, staff and students that I get to work with.
Helped students in lab
Computer Lab Tech - work study (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMay 14, 2014
install software and hardware for A+ Hardware course, assisted instructor and students
excited place to volunteer at if you love assisting the elderly
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT/STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 11, 2014
a typical day was getting there an hour early to clean, prepare, and baggage up meals for traveling. then you check the foods that is cooking in the back room and make sure they are ready for serving. the manager was a wonderful person is was effective and cared about her co-workers. the co-workers were older ladies but they too was an enjoyable to be around. the whole job wasn't that hard the only thing was traveling the meals around, sometimes we didn't have enough drivers so it was twice the trip for everyone.
decent
FINANCIAL AID LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), daytona beachApril 25, 2014
These people are decent and I would mind them at all. I would recommend them at some point.
Great place for students
Front Desk Receptionist in Academic Support Center (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 10, 2013
Working in the Academic Support System, was a great job experience. I met and got to know all of the administrators at the college. Networking was a bonus.
My GPA greatly increased working with such a intelligent staff, and tutors.
The hardest part of the job, was when I graduated. I had to leave some amazing co-workers, and I loved helping the students.
Teachers were appreciative of the tutoring help I gave to students that needed it..
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 11, 2013
Pros: enjoyment of subject matter, helping others.
Although I was not paid for helping the students, it gave me great satisfaction to know that I was helping students who really needed it. It gave me a chance to use my math degree and meet the students on a one-on-one basis. I learned I really liked helping others, and realizing that, thanks to me, the students that I helped passed the medication administration/math test and were allowed to continue to the next nursing class.
Great Program
Science Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Very goodJune 27, 2013
I enjoyed my class and learned a lot in a well rounded school.
An Excellent Beginner Job
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 26, 2013
This job was a funded work- study job at Daytona State College. Here I learned how to sort through award letters and loan forms. I would assisted customers with any Finanical Aid questions they may have for example; how to fill out their FASFA, or any loan paperwork.

I learned that each customers are different and work at difference paces so its best to be patience in totally. Some co-workers worked way harder than others. I would say that hardest part would be when a new semseter is beginning and everyone is waitting until the last minute to done all the paperwork they are required to do and its even harder when your alone. But I would say the best part would be meeting new people and hearing how the customer was grateful that you helped them.
Daytona State College
Educator (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 19, 2013
The College is a large scale operation with 6 Campuses in total, it has the feel of a large State School but the internal politics of a small country. If you are a political individual, enjoy forming alliances and possibly working on projects to appease certain individuals, then DSC is the place for you.
Advancement
Student Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no way to advance
This is a great company but advancment is not what you know....it's who you know. If you are not buddies with the right person then you left out. The will adjust the job the fit who they want.