Must have experience working in a managerial role within a residential treatment facilty.
This position is responsible for assisting the Program Director to maintain a smoothly run facility, assist with supervising counselors with clinical responsibilities and to provide case supervision to ensure appropriate treatment process for clients.
- Gain staff cooperation and keep staff on task/schedule in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Aide in supervising the daily schedule of all staff and residents.
- Manage the food, board, transportation and safety needs of the facility.
- Assure compliance with all Daytop Policies and Procedures.
- Assure maintenance and operational integrity of all internal agency database requirements relevant for the facility.
- Recommend or identify staff for promotions, hires and disciplinary actions to the Program Director.
- Provide appropriate supervision to all Counselors, as requested.
- Aide and monitor and guide training of all counselors in connection to the TC and its philosophy and mission.
- Assist in managing all high-risk clinical issues including, but not limited to sentinel events.
- Facilitate Treatment Plan Reviews and Case conferences as directed.
- Establish community relations with local referral and funding sources.
- Interface with the local community building mutually supportive relationships.
- Be actively involved in and promote the Family Association.
- Able to be on call 24/7, as needed.
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OASAS, Article 819 & 822, OMH, CARF and other regulatory and accredited standards.
- Always be courteous to clients, families, and other staff members
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in a health services related field preferred
- CASAC certification required; LMSW/LCSW certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the counseling/substance abuse treatment field required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in the counseling/substance abuse treatment field preferred.
- Experienced in building and maintaining references with referral sources, local government, funding sources, families and local communities.
- Experienced with the implementation of co-occuring clinical services.
- Clinical and management experience with substance abuse populations.