DAYTOP VILLAGE Employee Reviews

Rewarding Job
BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rockaway Beach, NYNovember 24, 2017
They are very good at getting people off of narcotics and alcohol. And I feel, it was a very important and rewarding job to be a part of. To see these young men and women become happy, and a part of their families again.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Benefits
Adolescents Alcohol & Drug Addiction Counselor
Alcohol & Drug Addiction Counselor- Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 1, 2017
 Implemented clinical services for Adolescents with alcohol and drug addictions
 Performed clinical tasks and utilized assessment tools
 Facilitated extra-curricular activities to improve health and wellness
 Provided referrals and consultation
Pros
My goals are to help curb the drug addiction epidemic, assist in keeping up with emerging addiction waves, and help prevent the introduction of new drugs into society.
Cons
Save a child
Enjoyed working with adolescents.
Adolescent/Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2017
As the Adolescent Counselor, I derived a large amount of satisfaction working with young men and women. A part of my day was spent supervising the serving of breakfast and lunch along with the being responsible for sanitary conditions of the food service area. I did learn much about adolescent counseling and how much I enjoyed working with young men and women ages 13 to 17. The most difficult part of my position was coordinating my clinical and facility related responsibilities in such a way that neither area was neglected.
Pros
Rewarding feeling of helping adolescents achieve their goals
Cons
Too much food related responsibilities.
Best Job I ever had wonderful work place
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Extremely positive work place, rewarding work helping those with substance abuse problems.

Rewarding concerning learning able yourself, as well as others.

Positive feedback from coworkers. Extremely pleasant and rewarding work place bar none..
Pros
Extremely Positive Environment
Worst place to work
Re-entry Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYDecember 12, 2016
Worst place to work. The administration was horrible, the counselors let the residents do what they wanted. Many of the good counselors either left or got fired for something the resident accused them of.
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
Everything about the place is a con.
Substance abuse Counselor/ Direct Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsgrove NJJune 9, 2016
Very productive place to work. Family environment and a lot of experience can be obtain. Advancement is available. Day Top allows and supports education and any goal. Most of the people that work together are very supportive of each other
Pros
family like environment. competetative compensation. Alot of vacation time
Cons
sometimes no breaks, very stressful environment at times
Great vision to help people
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Enjoyed being part of an organization that help to save lives. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed seeing the results of what we did in the faces of the people that whose lives were changed.
Excellent position if you want to help others
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
I watched over the patients overnight. I was responsible for their safety overnight. It was third shift and I worked alone the majority of the time. I organized and oversaw activities for the patients until it was lights out. Signed for food deliveries. I'm sorry the company went out of business
Pros
the patients, the hours and feeling of accomplishment
Cons
sad at times
Very rewarding working with adolents.
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYOctober 20, 2015
The day goes smooth when all co-workers are present. Can get difficult when a co-worker is out. I worked in an outpatient setting with a school teacher and another adolescent counselor. When the other counselor was out, the work-load fell upon myself and the school teacher. This was a regular occurrence and the result was chaotic at times.
Pros
I learned a lot and gained experience working with adolescents.
Cons
Worked harder for less pay than previous job.
Great place to work and learn
Senior Counselor - Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 8, 2015
Cannot say enough good about this organization. I gave them 7 of the best years of my life and they made sure they were the best years of my life. Like any "family", there were relationships to navigate, love, and sometimes "deal with". I learned a tremendous amount about myself, the drug/ alcohol field, management practices, clinical counseling, and self-nurturing. Thank you, Daytop, (Our Common Ground)!!!

Start dates were actually 8-1988 thru 3-1993 and then 1999-2000.
Pros
Great program, and great leadership.
Cons
It's learning a whole new culture, and that takes commitment.
great people
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Swan Lake, NYDecember 12, 2014
awesome bunch of people real sweet human beings and grerat work enviornment
A very Familiar and productive place
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
A typical day was always different but always with the same "Good Morning" to all my co-worker, with my coffee in my hands and always early, I went directly to my work cubicle. sat down and i start reviewing my emails, prioritizing my duties, I used to check the emails sent directly to my to evaluate it's priorities. After I opened the ticketing system to review any technical issue waiting to be resolve. If one problem need my attention immediately, I make contact with the affected user to help him/her to resolve the problem. I used to work in a multitasking environment. For the hardest part of the job is when a user can not finish his/her work because those technical problem. But we always looking for a solution.
The enjoyable part of the job is when I helped to resolve a technical issue in a low level or high level priority list...
Pros
familiar place, free coffee free dunuts
Cons
Poor opportunity to grow
Great people
Asst Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2014
The staff are very dedicated and hard working. They provide a great service for addicts in recovery
true and acurate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Productive, busy, multitask, time management, teamwork.
Assisting co-workers and clients in any way possible. Most importantly, at the end of the day that you have accomplished the various daily assignments by doing your best.
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYDecember 14, 2013
It's never a dull day. I enjoy working with our clients and helping them!
Ment well for trouble people.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYAugust 23, 2013
What the company set out to do for the public is great, however, the work place was not so great.
Pros
Helpiing Others in need.
Cons
Using ex people who tought they had it all together
produtive
Maintenance and Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 9, 2013
Mopped, swept, and tidied facility, including kitchen area, Disposed of garbage properly and in a timely manner Prepared breakfast using grill, Took inventory of food; unloaded and organized food deliveries. great place and good co-workers
Pros
free food
Cons
less breaks
Awesome
Chief of Operations (Former Employee) –  pittsgrove, njFebruary 5, 2013
Great social work job. Awesome for psychology or sociology majors. Kids are a hassel as it is a drug and alcohol adolescent rehabilitation center.
Horrible place to work
counselor (Current Employee) –  Upstate and downstateNovember 12, 2012
worst experience of my professional career. Management is ego maniacal, narcissistic and incompetent.Place is in bankruptcy and failing. Forget the sales pitch about rebounding, Its all BS. Clients sell drugs and theft and prostitution are rampant. Prediction thay will close in a year.
Cons
abusive napoleanic leadership
High Volume of Work on a daily basis
Clinic Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2012
• Record and confirm client information within two scheduling systems while conducting an interview/intake process.
• Collect and proofread all information pertaining to financial records, insurance eligibility, health services coverage,
Self/co-pay agreement, with minimum amount of accounting performed.
• Organized contracts, encounters, reports, and bills to ensure company imbursement for services rendered to clients.
• All data was entered in Millipro scheduler to bill claims by ICD-9/CPT codes for substance abuse facility providers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a