DAYTOP VILLAGE

DAYTOP VILLAGE Employee Reviews

great people
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Swan Lake, NYDecember 12, 2014
awesome bunch of people real sweet human beings and grerat work enviornment
A very Familiar and productive place
Computer Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: familiar place, free coffee free dunuts
Cons: poor opportunity to grow
A typical day was always different but always with the same "Good Morning" to all my co-worker, with my coffee in my hands and always early, I went directly to my work cubicle. sat down and i start reviewing my emails, prioritizing my duties, I used to check the emails sent directly to my to evaluate it's priorities. After I opened the ticketing system to review any technical issue waiting to be resolve. – more... If one problem need my attention immediately, I make contact with the affected user to help him/her to resolve the problem. I used to work in a multitasking environment. For the hardest part of the job is when a user can not finish his/her work because those technical problem. But we always looking for a solution.
The enjoyable part of the job is when I helped to resolve a technical issue in a low level or high level priority list... – less
Great people
Asst Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
The staff are very dedicated and hard working. They provide a great service for addicts in recovery
true and acurate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Productive, busy, multitask, time management, teamwork.
Assisting co-workers and clients in any way possible. Most importantly, at the end of the day that you have accomplished the various daily assignments by doing your best.
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Blauvelt, NYDecember 14, 2013
It's never a dull day. I enjoy working with our clients and helping them!
Ment well for trouble people.
Chef (Former Employee), Rhinebeck, NYAugust 23, 2013
Pros: helpiing others in need.
Cons: using ex people who tought they had it all together
What the company set out to do for the public is great, however, the work place was not so great.
produtive
Maintenance and Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: less breaks
Mopped, swept, and tidied facility, including kitchen area, Disposed of garbage properly and in a timely manner Prepared breakfast using grill, Took inventory of food; unloaded and organized food deliveries. great place and good co-workers
AWESOME
Chief of Operations (Former Employee), pittsgrove, njFebruary 5, 2013
Great social work job. Awesome for psychology or sociology majors. Kids are a hassel as it is a drug and alcohol adolescent rehabilitation center.
Horrible place to work
counselor (Current Employee), Upstate and downstateNovember 12, 2012
Cons: abusive napoleanic leadership
worst experience of my professional career. Management is ego maniacal, narcissistic and incompetent.Place is in bankruptcy and failing. Forget the sales pitch about rebounding, Its all BS. Clients sell drugs and theft and prostitution are rampant. Prediction thay will close in a year.
High Volume of Work on a daily basis
Clinic Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 8, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Record and confirm client information within two scheduling systems while conducting an interview/intake process.
• Collect and proofread all information pertaining to financial records, insurance eligibility, health services coverage,
Self/co-pay agreement, with minimum amount of accounting performed.
• Organized contracts, encounters, reports, and bills to ensure company imbursement for services rendered to clients.
• All data was entered in Millipro scheduler to bill claims by ICD-9/CPT codes for substance abuse facility providers.
Great place
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Mendham, NJNovember 4, 2012
Pros: fast shift; caring staff; real people
Cons: work/life balance; advancement; short staff
I worked in NJ, so I know there are differences. The management team is supportive but you need to be assertive. The NJ location has grown in many ways. It is much more "clinical." The TC aspects are weaker but there are more co-occurring clients. Overwhelming, of course, that's SA treatment field. Under staffed? mostly. Pay and benefits are competitive. It's hard to advance though.
Productive as well as a fun workplace.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day for me gets under way at 8:00AM with staff supervision; Then scheduled individual, and educational group therapy. I then do my documentations such as progress notes, treatment plans along with monthly notes as they are due.

What I learned is how to manage my time with the purpose of allowing me to complete all documentations by the end of my workday.

Management allowed me to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively.

My co-workers helped create a healthy place to work therefore creating a good work environment.

The hardest part of the job is connecting all aspects of the chart work to be comprehensive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the client accomplishing their goals and objectives.

February 11, 2013

.... yours is a nice comment but with more verbiage than is necessary....

Former Employee/
clinical rep (Former Employee), n/aSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: hands on experience
Cons: other people taking credit for your work.
Worked there a short three months. Was set up by management to be fired. One thing I wil say is if you decide to work there, be careful,and do ONLY what your job description permits.Nothing more, or they will take credit for it.
Very productive ,friendly with great environment. Excellent hands on training for employees who which to continue work in medical field.
Secretary (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2012
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: having to go to the second office. which was like 22 miles away.
Obtaining schedule pt. charts ,stocking rooms,data entry. Learned how to obtain insurance approvals. Great management very patient and understanding. Friendly overall. Hardest part of the day would have to be the 50+ calls but I'm a pro to that now. The best part of the day was creating new charts for pt.
Be Afraid
Counselor (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 13, 2012
Pros: some clients are motivated to change
Cons: clinical management (if you could call it that)
It is unfortunate that an agency with such a rich and storied history has fallen into clinical, financial and management despair. The current clinical leadership is unqualified, unprofessional, and practices favoritism over qualifications. The basic essence of the therapeutic community has been removed and replaced by an unsafe drug riddled haven for criminal offenders who create an atmosphere of intimidation – more... and fear. The most recently anointed clinical leadership for the overall programs, the outpatient programming as well as the residential programs are an abomination. This triad has set Daytop back further in the last several months, than the previous several years of mismanagement.
However, there are still some committed and dedicated employees who keep the faith and remain hopeful that change will come. But for now, RUN AWAY!!!! – less
Evironment is very comfortable!!!
Clinic Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2012
Company Atmosphere is very comfortable but management need restructuring and organization!!
NO WAYYYYY
ex-exployee (Former Employee), Far rockJune 11, 2012
Cons: everything
leave the field of SA before working in this bankrupt dump, over worked, under staffed, think about this, who would work in a place located all the way in Far Rockaway,,for lil money, no clinical staff,,, that is in chapter 11 and most likely selling off the facilities one by one and will close or just be an out patient facility, dont leave ur present job for this if you have one, the grass is not always greener
Able to get help when needed.
Intake coordinator (Former Employee), BROOKLYN NYJune 11, 2012
Pros: educational courses.
Cons: very demanding..
Dealing with the intake process for adults/adolescents .Provide clients with assesments appointments to ensure admission to the outpatient program.Ensure appropriate insurance .Learned case managment skills ,criminal behaviors,daily living skills,problem solving,team player. Enjoyed a close family relationship with my co-workers working together to get things done. The hardest for me when individuals did not comply with treatment and get remanded to incarseration when having the potencials to lead a drug free lifestyle.
The most i enjoyed is helping people that they are not alone in this process..
Overall a wonderful place to work and learned alot while I was there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYMay 20, 2012
Pros: good benefit package, also lived locally for easy commute.
Answered large volume of phones calls requesting information on services rendered to people interested in coming into a therapeutic program. How to be a big team player at all times. Worked with a fabulous team and definitely became a tremendous team player. Nothing hard about the job at all. Seeing the progress clients made during their stay at Daytop's residential treatment program and being thanked by clients as well as staff in working diligently to save lives.
great learning experience
Intake Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2012
Pros: good
I was the intake manager which gave me the chance to help people make the decision about saving their life. This Job also helped me develop my skill base