DAYTOP VILLAGE Employee Reviews

Best Job I ever had wonderful work place
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Extremely positive work place, rewarding work helping those with substance abuse problems.

Rewarding concerning learning able yourself, as well as others.

Positive feedback from coworkers. Extremely pleasant and rewarding work place bar none..
Pros
Extremely Positive Environment
Worst place to work
Re-entry Clinical Counselor (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYDecember 12, 2016
Worst place to work. The administration was horrible, the counselors let the residents do what they wanted. Many of the good counselors either left or got fired for something the resident accused them of.
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
Everything about the place is a con.
Great vision to help people
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Enjoyed being part of an organization that help to save lives. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed seeing the results of what we did in the faces of the people that whose lives were changed.
Excellent position if you want to help others
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
I watched over the patients overnight. I was responsible for their safety overnight. It was third shift and I worked alone the majority of the time. I organized and oversaw activities for the patients until it was lights out. Signed for food deliveries. I'm sorry the company went out of business
Pros
the patients, the hours and feeling of accomplishment
Cons
sad at times
Very rewarding working with adolents.
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYOctober 20, 2015
The day goes smooth when all co-workers are present. Can get difficult when a co-worker is out. I worked in an outpatient setting with a school teacher and another adolescent counselor. When the other counselor was out, the work-load fell upon myself and the school teacher. This was a regular occurrence and the result was chaotic at times.
Pros
I learned a lot and gained experience working with adolescents.
Cons
Worked harder for less pay than previous job.
Great place to work and learn
Senior Counselor - Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 8, 2015
Cannot say enough good about this organization. I gave them 7 of the best years of my life and they made sure they were the best years of my life. Like any "family", there were relationships to navigate, love, and sometimes "deal with". I learned a tremendous amount about myself, the drug/ alcohol field, management practices, clinical counseling, and self-nurturing. Thank you, Daytop, (Our Common Ground)!!!

Start dates were actually 8-1988 thru 3-1993 and then 1999-2000.
Pros
Great program, and great leadership.
Cons
It's learning a whole new culture, and that takes commitment.
great people
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Swan Lake, NYDecember 12, 2014
awesome bunch of people real sweet human beings and grerat work enviornment
A very Familiar and productive place
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
A typical day was always different but always with the same "Good Morning" to all my co-worker, with my coffee in my hands and always early, I went directly to my work cubicle. sat down and i start reviewing my emails, prioritizing my duties, I used to check the emails sent directly to my to evaluate it's priorities. After I opened the ticketing system to review any technical issue waiting to be resolve. If one problem need my attention immediately, I make contact with the affected user to help him/her to resolve the problem. I used to work in a multitasking environment. For the hardest part of the job is when a user can not finish his/her work because those technical problem. But we always looking for a solution.
The enjoyable part of the job is when I helped to resolve a technical issue in a low level or high level priority list...
Pros
familiar place, free coffee free dunuts
Cons
Poor opportunity to grow
Great people
Asst Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2014
The staff are very dedicated and hard working. They provide a great service for addicts in recovery
true and acurate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Productive, busy, multitask, time management, teamwork.
Assisting co-workers and clients in any way possible. Most importantly, at the end of the day that you have accomplished the various daily assignments by doing your best.

Want to know more about DAYTOP VILLAGE?

Ask a question
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYDecember 14, 2013
It's never a dull day. I enjoy working with our clients and helping them!
Ment well for trouble people.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYAugust 23, 2013
What the company set out to do for the public is great, however, the work place was not so great.
Pros
Helpiing Others in need.
Cons
Using ex people who tought they had it all together
produtive
Maintenance and Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 9, 2013
Mopped, swept, and tidied facility, including kitchen area, Disposed of garbage properly and in a timely manner Prepared breakfast using grill, Took inventory of food; unloaded and organized food deliveries. great place and good co-workers
Pros
free food
Cons
less breaks
Awesome
Chief of Operations (Former Employee) –  pittsgrove, njFebruary 5, 2013
Great social work job. Awesome for psychology or sociology majors. Kids are a hassel as it is a drug and alcohol adolescent rehabilitation center.
Horrible place to work
counselor (Current Employee) –  Upstate and downstateNovember 12, 2012
worst experience of my professional career. Management is ego maniacal, narcissistic and incompetent.Place is in bankruptcy and failing. Forget the sales pitch about rebounding, Its all BS. Clients sell drugs and theft and prostitution are rampant. Prediction thay will close in a year.
Cons
abusive napoleanic leadership
High Volume of Work on a daily basis
Clinic Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2012
• Record and confirm client information within two scheduling systems while conducting an interview/intake process.
• Collect and proofread all information pertaining to financial records, insurance eligibility, health services coverage,
Self/co-pay agreement, with minimum amount of accounting performed.
• Organized contracts, encounters, reports, and bills to ensure company imbursement for services rendered to clients.
• All data was entered in Millipro scheduler to bill claims by ICD-9/CPT codes for substance abuse facility providers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mendham, NJNovember 4, 2012
I worked in NJ, so I know there are differences. The management team is supportive but you need to be assertive. The NJ location has grown in many ways. It is much more "clinical." The TC aspects are weaker but there are more co-occurring clients. Overwhelming, of course, that's SA treatment field. Under staffed? mostly. Pay and benefits are competitive. It's hard to advance though.
Pros
fast shift; caring staff; real people
Cons
work/life balance; advancement; short staff
Productive as well as a fun workplace.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYOctober 18, 2012
A typical day for me gets under way at 8:00AM with staff supervision; Then scheduled individual, and educational group therapy. I then do my documentations such as progress notes, treatment plans along with monthly notes as they are due.

What I learned is how to manage my time with the purpose of allowing me to complete all documentations by the end of my workday.

Management allowed me to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively.

My co-workers helped create a healthy place to work therefore creating a good work environment.

The hardest part of the job is connecting all aspects of the chart work to be comprehensive.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the client accomplishing their goals and objectives.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
short breaks.
Former Employee/
clinical rep (Former Employee) –  n/aSeptember 15, 2012
Worked there a short three months. Was set up by management to be fired. One thing I wil say is if you decide to work there, be careful,and do ONLY what your job description permits.Nothing more, or they will take credit for it.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
other people taking credit for your work.
Very productive ,friendly with great environment. Excellent hands on training for employees who which to continue work in medical field.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2012
Obtaining schedule pt. charts ,stocking rooms,data entry. Learned how to obtain insurance approvals. Great management very patient and understanding. Friendly overall. Hardest part of the day would have to be the 50+ calls but I'm a pro to that now. The best part of the day was creating new charts for pt.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
having to go to the second office. which was like 22 miles away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAYTOP VILLAGE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8