DBHDD Employee Reviews

Stable work place
Director of Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Good place to work, going thru technology upgrades to get up to date. Agency is playing technology catch up. The government does not keep up with technology changes like private industry, unfortunately.
Pros
stable
Cons
government
Great place to work with advancement opportunities
Division of Addictive Diseases/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2013
I am the front desk receptionist. I answer the incoming calls. I also great people at the door. I schedual conference rooms for meetings.
Do not work there
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  DBHDDMarch 10, 2013
This place is very understaffed. A typical day at work is unprofessionalism and you will lose your mind if you decide to work there if you have your morals because it is tested everyday. Management is very unprofessional and the hardest part about working there is that the managers do not practice what they preach. I do enjoy the co-workers but we all tried our best to leave the Agency. There hasn't been raises for several years and therefore the work does not have any financial reward.
Cons
ghetto staff, unprofessionalism, unsafe environment
Lack of leadership makes for unpleasant work environment
Director of Operations, HIM (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 8, 2013
Under staffed, under paid, overworked and unappreciated.
Pros
very few
Cons
very many
Very family oriented establishment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2012
It has been a pleasure working amongst my DBHDD family. Everyone is always willing to take the initiative to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Relaxed, professional atmosphere with welcoming employees
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GADecember 3, 2012
At DBHDD, I worked the night shift which included making sure all information was in charts and correct, kept the living area and nurses station clean, took urine samples and/or lab orders to lab to picked up, assisted individuals daily activities when needed, answered questions for individuals, and helped make sure individuals felt safe. The most enjoyable part was building rapport with individuals we served. For the most part the management and coworkers all had positive attitudes and looked out for each other. The overall work environment was safe and professional. The hardest part of the job was when an individual had to be restrained. Though that is sometimes an unfortunate necessity, it was hard to put someone in restraints.
Pros
great atmosphere, training was in depth, management was great
Cons
position was part-time