DC Water Employee Reviews in United States

Problems/Concerns can all be solved with the right team in place
Construction Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day involved working with managers, inspectors, contractors and the community. I feel like I learn something new from each group on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was to not meet deadlines and have the customers upset that the deadlines were not met. The most enjoyable part of my job was to gain knowledge of a problem/concern, to gather the right people and departments together to work on that problem, to come up with a work plan to resolve the problem, to set standards/processes and procedures to correct the problem/concern and to be able to deliver to the customers the resolution to the problem within the estimated date and time.
Very Busy Department with a Big Workload
Executive Assistant, II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2016
I was very busy working with the Engineering Department for two high level executives. The workload was huge with many urgent deadlines every week. They had the most diverse workforce I had ever worked with, but did not promote a teambuilding atmosphere.
Pros
Awesome Department Head and diverse workforce.
Cons
Pay
Productive and friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2015
Sometime stressful because of heavy work load. Hard-working is an important factor since the company is going bigger.
Perfect chance for getting experience, people help and support each other. They are all high responsible and professional engineers.
There were a lot of paper work I did everyday preparing for my supervisor 's meeting. Some urgent documents need to reviewed at the same times were the hardest part since I tried to prioritize and deal with them.
Being put under stress turn myself into a well-arranged and productive person.
Pros
Theme park free ticket
Growing and developing work enviroment.
CAD Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Alot of change, all design is being developed inhouse. New project management processes are being developed. May be just a little to much change all the time.
Diverse, friendly staff
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2015
DC Water is a great place to work. There are many opportunities opening up for technical or professional engineering candidates. I have enjoyed my 13 year tenure here, but have reached my peak as far as opportunities for advancement are concerned.
Pros
onsite free parking, great commute
Cons
opportunities for support staff are limited once you have reached a senior level.
Ok
Public Space Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
Ok place to work. I will not complain. Location is ideal. You do not have to pay for parking there. There is a cafeteria. Thats about it.
Nice workplace with friendly coworkers
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2015
A company has big responsibility of support clean water to Great DC area, and treats millions of gallon wastewater everyday. I love to work here and make contribution to society. It 's wonderful workplace and fun! Learn lots of professional skills about practical wastewater treatment processes.
Good place to learn
R&D Wastewater Treatment Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2015
DC water is an amazing place to learn Wastewater treatment and operations. Organization is great. Get to work with a lot of experienced personnels in the field and also meet a lot of consultants across the field.
Great group of people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2015
The job is easy and anyone can be trained on the daily duties. Work very closely with manager but you do not feel like you are being micromanaged.
Pros
Close to Metro
Day in the Life
GIS IA Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2015
Excellent place to work and develop skills as a supervisor of a great staff. Hands on approach to dealing with customers bills and a very supportive management. Co Workers were all eager to learn and grow in their positions and goals and standards were clearly identifiable
Very nice culture.
Finance and Budget Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2015
great experience and learning curve. Very nice co-workers. Have the chance to meet senior management such as CEO and CFO and the Board of Directors
Pros
community events
Cons
no cons
Productive place to work
Sewer service Lateral worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2015
its a great place to work and learn plumbing skills.you work 24 hours on call.you work with a one to two man crew.lots of down time to get personal things done.
Pros
government jobpr
Cons
union and management
Intensive and advanced technical experience,
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2015
Working with the company, I have learned in detail about hydrology modeling (HEC-HMS, SWMM, TR-55), and watershed analysis (ArcGIS). I was assigned in three projects that has issues regarding storm water management. I was able to perform hydrology modeling and evaluate different remedial measure. I was able to visit the sites and make preliminary survey. I have learned a lot about writing preliminary and final reports in addition to the technical aspect.

The people I work with have be phenomenal in teaching me how to make things done.
mail clerk/ copy center
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2015
i started as a intern and was only suppose to work 2 weeks they like me so much they hired me on my last day. i work with usps, ups, and fedex we have over 5000 people with this company and i had to them about them and what department they are in, i also work in the copy center making books, business cards, posters, and signs.
DHA was focused on the Client and where they were going
CONTRACTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2015
DHA had a very good working relationship with the client. There was a great deal of earned respect between the parties which made working for the client very easy
Pros
great working environment
Working at DC Water was an very informative experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2014
When I got hired at DC Water I was suppose to take wastewater samples and test certain parameters. A chemical was pumped into the sewers and I monitored the sewage composition as time progressed. I learned about the sewers of DC, Maryland, and Virginia. I also learned that DC Water treats sewage from Maryland and Virginia as well as DC. My co-workers were friendly and helpful and the managers were always there for guidance. The hardest part of the job was managing the wastewater samples. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time I spent with my co-workers, working on an assignment.
Pros
occasional free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
working with sewage can get messy, sometimes i have to find things to do when not taking sewage samples
Good benefits. Lack of advancement.
Lead Dispatcher/ Map Captain (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2013
This position has overall responsibilities for ensuring technicians are deployed according to the Dispatch Resource Center recommended schedule to meet business and operational needs. Provide complete support to field operations in all matters pertaining to scheduling, manpower, deployment, communications, commitments, and district departmental objectives. Effective management of installations and maintenance work request and managing day to day operational issues and ensuring that resolution of issued are done in a timely manner. Utilize strong collaboration and interpersonal skills. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Prductive and fun place to work.
Warehouse Foreman (Current Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 10, 2012
Determine part availability, reorder quantities, and estimated delivery dates. Always maintain communications with primary and secondary vendors.
Management always provides support in all areas to ensure the job gets done and our customers are supported. Staff are briefed weekly on goals, expectations and success in order to create a team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is rising to the occasion of the next challenge. Satified customers, goals met and exceeded are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
co-workers and working close to home
Cons
adjusting to the pace of government.
DC Water Fleet Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2015
I loved working at DC water. It was a great experience I learned alot and made valuable lasting relationships. I gained alot of real world knowledge and made alot of connections.
great place to work customer friendly high quality
water service worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2013
busy daily constant calls to respond to complaints. great place to work coworkers very knowledgeable and helpful. the hardest part of job is not being able to solve all problems of customers to save them money on costly repairs. most enjoyable is we I can solve customer issues and hey in turn call my job to say job well done