DC Water Employee Reviews

Great Company
Emergency Dispatch / Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2017
great company to work for, great paid time off and plenty of overtime. Need more training classes but other than that it is a good company. I would highly recommend them to anyone
Pros
great pay
Cons
no training
Up and coming but...
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2017
Great benefits and wellness programs. Free parking is a plus (at some sites). The culture could use some work. Not a place where you can trust your co-workers or managers. Not open to new ideas. Not interested in building morale of employees.
Pros
Free parking at some locations
Cons
Tense working environment; lack of developmental opportunities, lack of promotional opportunities
Great working environment that allowed me to expand my knowledge of Instrumenation.
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT REPAIR TECH (Former Employee) –  5000 Overlook Ave. SW Washington, D.C. 20732June 30, 2017
Work relations with co-workers was great. I learned a lot from my peers and mentored them. I learned how to utilize my skills effectively.The workplace culture was to get the job done.The hardest part was the chemicals, the enjoyable part was task completion.
Terrible enviroment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2017
Very difficult place to work for. Management is old school, not willing to change and very difficult to work with. No room for growth or advancement. A lot of deadlines, the older generation doesn't work at all and the new people hired is pretty much expected to step in and get the job done. That's why they pay well. But not worth the headache.
Pros
compensation
Cons
people, burocracy
DC Water
Sewer Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
Company is going through a transition. Stressful place to work. Recently laid off several employees. Management does not work well with lower level employees.
Procurement Category Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2017
The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority has great knowledgeable staff. It is a great place to work, you will learn a lot about the waste water treatment process.
Horrible Company
Dispatcher / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2017
This company and management team is absolutely horrible. The supervisors are liars and rely on you to do their job and yours unless you hang with them outside of the workplace.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything about the company minus your co-workers
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2016
A lot to learn I am a temporary employee so I am still learning the company. Helpful co-workers everyone is will to show and explain work to you.
fun place with great benefits
Sewer Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2016
management at this job was 50/50. I have never worked around grown men who carried themselves like children, this atmosphere was very fun but the staff was the worse.
Pros
unlimited training
Cons
bad work enviornment
Very Busy Department with a Big Workload
Executive Assistant, II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2016
I was very busy working with the Engineering Department for two high level executives. The workload was huge with many urgent deadlines every week. They had the most diverse workforce I had ever worked with, but did not promote a teambuilding atmosphere.
Pros
Awesome Department Head and diverse workforce.
Cons
Pay
Ok
Public Space Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
Ok place to work. I will not complain. Location is ideal. You do not have to pay for parking there. There is a cafeteria. Thats about it.
Problems/Concerns can all be solved with the right team in place
Construction Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day involved working with managers, inspectors, contractors and the community. I feel like I learn something new from each group on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was to not meet deadlines and have the customers upset that the deadlines were not met. The most enjoyable part of my job was to gain knowledge of a problem/concern, to gather the right people and departments together to work on that problem, to come up with a work plan to resolve the problem, to set standards/processes and procedures to correct the problem/concern and to be able to deliver to the customers the resolution to the problem within the estimated date and time.
Growing and developing work enviroment.
CAD Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Alot of change, all design is being developed inhouse. New project management processes are being developed. May be just a little to much change all the time.
Productive and friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2015
Sometime stressful because of heavy work load. Hard-working is an important factor since the company is going bigger.
Perfect chance for getting experience, people help and support each other. They are all high responsible and professional engineers.
There were a lot of paper work I did everyday preparing for my supervisor 's meeting. Some urgent documents need to reviewed at the same times were the hardest part since I tried to prioritize and deal with them.
Being put under stress turn myself into a well-arranged and productive person.
Pros
Theme park free ticket
Great group of people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2015
The job is easy and anyone can be trained on the daily duties. Work very closely with manager but you do not feel like you are being micromanaged.
Pros
Close to Metro
Very nice culture.
Finance and Budget Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2015
great experience and learning curve. Very nice co-workers. Have the chance to meet senior management such as CEO and CFO and the Board of Directors
Pros
community events
Cons
no cons
Good place to learn
R&D Wastewater Treatment Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2015
DC water is an amazing place to learn Wastewater treatment and operations. Organization is great. Get to work with a lot of experienced personnels in the field and also meet a lot of consultants across the field.
Productive place to work
Sewer service Lateral worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2015
its a great place to work and learn plumbing skills.you work 24 hours on call.you work with a one to two man crew.lots of down time to get personal things done.
Pros
government jobpr
Cons
union and management
Diverse, friendly staff
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2015
DC Water is a great place to work. There are many opportunities opening up for technical or professional engineering candidates. I have enjoyed my 13 year tenure here, but have reached my peak as far as opportunities for advancement are concerned.
Pros
onsite free parking, great commute
Cons
opportunities for support staff are limited once you have reached a senior level.
Nice workplace with friendly coworkers
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2015
A company has big responsibility of support clean water to Great DC area, and treats millions of gallon wastewater everyday. I love to work here and make contribution to society. It 's wonderful workplace and fun! Learn lots of professional skills about practical wastewater treatment processes.