DCD Training GmbH Employee Reviews

Dale Carnegie
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2017
• Oversaw the day-to-operations of the largest Dale Carnegie Training franchise in the Southeast.
• Primary responsibilities were accounting related, including establishing correct accounting procedures in accordance with GAAP, forensically reconstructed the accounts for 2005, 2006 and 2007.
• Established a daily net cash status system that uncovered a $270,000 variance between the actual and stated position
. DCD Training GmbH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
Good environment & training very safe
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Dale Carnegie
Database Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2017
great database entry training. Learned a lot about queries while entering in new contact information and clients. It was a great experience.
Pros
friendly and professional
Cons
Repetitive
Great work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Everyone at Dale Carnegie training is positive and encouraging. All the employees have taken the training programs and work to transform lives by teaching necessary skills in leadership and communication.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Great for its customers and not as much for its employees
Area Manager & Sales Operations Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
Manage a region of sales managers that find, maintain, and close business through executive level communications. Learned more than I could ever have dreamed to on top of what I already have learned that is invaluable in moving forward. Management is lacking in its leadership and ability to see the big picture in moving forward and lacks the skills we implement for organizations around us on a daily basis. Great co-workers but a high turnover.
There is an intentional effort to apply the 30 Dale Carnegie principles.
Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJune 7, 2016
Employees work as a team and work hard to intentionally apply the 30 Dale Carnegie principles that drives the training and transform lives and companies. It is a great environment that supports and encourages.
excellent benefits
TRAINER AND SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 7, 2016
Great company excellent colleges that work together as a team. I am very glad that I had the experience that I gained from working with such wonderful people.
Pros
Great flexiablity
Great Company to work for
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 4, 2015
They are always there if you have any questions. Insurance is nice but pricey. Franchises are always a great tool to talk with to see what they are needing in the field.
Amazing career that lets you help people and make great commisions!
Performance Coach (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2015
The people that you help are so appreciative.
Management could not be better people.
The ability to grow your own skills with their training
Course in Public Speaking and Leadership
Public Speaking and Leadership Course (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MiAugust 14, 2015
Great course to assist with public speaking and dealing with customer relations as well as leadership training

A 10 week course
Sincere and authentic belief in the product
VP, Training & Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Though new management / owner and I did not share the same vision, the product is a legitimate one and really does work. Also, felt like the entire company on a global scale was like a family.
Fun atmosphere
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2015
Great benefits as you can take the Dale Carnegie Courses they offer. The most enjoyable part of the day is the friendly atmosphere, great work relationships, team work and human relation education.
Pros
Courses
Dale Carnegie - Leadership and Communications Mentor
Dale Carnegie Mentor - Relevant Academy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJuly 8, 2015
My job was to mentor 6 different students. My job was to push the students and bring them out of there comfort zones to show them how to better communicate and how to be leaders. I would check in with each student individually to see how they were doing in the class, what i could do to help them be successful in the class, and if they needed anything from me (i.e encouragement etc.)

I learned how to communicate with others and lead others. I learned that i really love working with people, as a leader.
Contract work
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2015
This was contract work through a third party.

It was fun and rewarding, however I still have no idea what my contribution played toward an end goal.
Pros
Self motivated, paid upon invoice.
Cons
lack of direction.
Great Comapny
MARKETING AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 4, 2015
Great people, great culture and the Dale Carnegie course is still very relevant even after 100 years of being in use.

Love this company!
Great Working Experience
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 29, 2015
People are great and the training is the best you could ever receive.
I was hired for telemarketing and customer service and was pushed into Sales where I didn't feel comfortable, plus longer hours expected, which was hard due to family obligations. It is a great experience though the classes are life changing.
Cons
Late hour demands and schedule and position changes too often
consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 16, 2014
Horrible place to work! The COO not a leader and doesn't use the Dale Carnegie Principals or tools himself.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great culture
Managing Director- South Dakota (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 27, 2014
This job requires that I work from home. While that is a nice benefit it also comes with its challenges. It is easy to feel isolated from the company when you are working on your own. I am looking for an opportunity to become part of a close knit team.
A great opportunity to work with Dale Carnegie.
Administrative Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
I have been given a great opportunity to study and work with some wonderful co-workers as a intern. I learned a lot about the company and how it is runned. I learned how not to disagree and follow with a yes. I learned that to listen and understand what that person is saying.

I learned about the different departments within the company and how they compliment each other by helping one another when need.

I found that the hardest part of the job was finding other jobs to do after I finished my assignments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy atmosphere that I had the to work.
Pros
Being a part of the team even through I was an Intern.
Cons
Not enough work. I can be a workaholic.
Enjoyable work enviroment, challegeing work ethics
Administrator, Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Typical day is walking through the door ready to work. Puting tags and tents together for clients classes and helping prepare the rooms. Your manager having confidence in the knowlegde that you know what to do and leaving you in charge to get it done. The hardest part of the job is not wanting to stop working and the most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers that great you as if you are part of the team.
Pros
The scholarship, timing your lunch hour to fit your needs.
Cons
Living up to your own standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCD Training GmbH. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3