DCH HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

It's an okay job
Administrative Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 22, 2017
This job was fun and okay to work. The 12 hour shifts are horrible when you have small children in school. They worked with my school schedule which was a good thing. The management is very poor.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
12hr shifts
Waste of time
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 17, 2017
I loved my job at the beginning but as time went by I grew to hate it. I always wanted to be in the medical field but working here made me change my mind. PCAs and RNs are rude and do not like to help. My manager was not very understanding when I unexpectedly fell sick with a serious condition. I did not get paid enough for the work I did. I found a better paying job and put my 2 week notice in. When I left my manager had put in my paperwork that I never put in a notice. therefore, I am never allowed to be rehired there. My overall working experience there was horrible and a waste of time.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Horrible people to work with
In the home health field the work was very rewarding.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 10, 2017
On the average day I would arrive at my patients home for their personal care. Give their medicine and help with their food. I learn how important the care for the home bound can be. Management try to be very fair with both patients and the staff. All staff respect all the different cultures wither it was a patient or staff. The hardest part of the job was knowing the patient you were caring for could leave you at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients and their families.
Pros
The joys of taking care a home bound patient, The ability to work alone and make the right decision.
Cons
The long drives from patient to patients house.
Love what work I do.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 6, 2017
I enjoy my work. There are a few technicians I work with that are hard workers and try very hard to do a good job. There are a couple of Pharmacist that I know I can go to with a problem with a medication or IV and get help. They will research and give me an answer I understand. I Love helping people. I may not know the person I am making a dilution for or an IV bag . But the thought that I can play a part in them getting back home and on with life is very satisfying.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
Work alone alot
Not flexible poor benefits poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 27, 2017
I've been a 31 year employee. I haven't had a raise in 2 years. I can't get any extra work. We work short. The benefits are horrible. I have been working with the same people for 20 years and love them!
Pros
Good staff to work with
Cons
Poor management. Poor benefits
Very good place to volunteer and work at
Nursing Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 19, 2017
When I volunteered at DCH I felt very welcome, all the nurses and other employees were very warm and friendly to me and showed me any and everything I wanted to know.
Great company atmosphere. Opportunity for advancement within.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 12, 2017
Very pleasant work environment. Strong team. Flexible schedules and competitive benefits. Also there is excellent opportunity to cross train and transfer.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Stay away
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 8, 2017
Nurses sit on their butts for 12 hours telling PCA's how to do their jobs. The money is not worth the work load that you already have plus the extra work that is given to you
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Short breaks, lazy nurses
Dch
Patient Care Ambassador/ Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2017
Helping take care of patients and saving lives. It is a environment that the staff and people of the hospital is very friendly and family orientated. They really care about the well beings of others.
Enjoyed working with people in the deep south. New experience for me.
Remote Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 27, 2017
Office staff and manager were pleasant. Education received was phenomenal. Department meetings sometimes included upper management informing us of latest activities of health system.
Pros
Working remotely and learning of a new culture.
Cons
No paid holidays.

Want to know more about DCH HEALTH SYSTEM?

Ask a question
I enjoyed my job
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2017
I ami looking for a job in an office setting due to my disability looking to do part-time work while working there I miss working at DCH so if I can get back there to help with something that I can do it will be great, or maybe some other place will be wonderful
Pros
Free lunch to senior citizens in the workplace
Cons
No 12 hours shifts
Friendly atmosphere but no guarantee of hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2017
12 hour shifts only
Friendly atmosphere
Management unable to guarantee hours each week for full time employees related to over staffing.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with staffing issues
Most enjoyable part of the job, friendly co-workers
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks
Untrustworthy Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 31, 2017
New respiratory management is running off all good employees and what few good leaders they had. The rules changed daily to accommodate favorites and to "stick it" to employees they don't like. The morale was at the lowest I have ever seen and I've been told it has even gotten worse. All the focus is on exuding authority and not employees or patient care. There is a reason that half of the respiratory employees have left in the past year.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Can not trust respiratory management or believe anything they say
Not compensated for actual work load
Chemo Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 29, 2017
Need pay increase overall of job duties. My job can be very time consuming. The overall work atmosphere could use so more improvements, but I know it takes time. I enjoy seeing patient smile and grateful for all we do for them.
Upper management not loyal to longtime employees
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 29, 2017
Management is not loyal to longtime employees or competitive with salaries. Did not match TSA matches or give employee raises this year, yet are offering bonuses for new nurses and hiring travelers.
The job at DCH did not pay much6
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2017
The pay is not good but I do like doing my job I need more pay for what I was doing there I put in my two week notice and then started working for the school system

So I had to make more money
Great co-workers, excellent patient care; compensation is very low
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 5, 2017
Great co-workers, clean, employees are held to high standards, but compensation is poor. If you want to work, but have other income, it's a great place to work. Patient care is excellent. If you aren't an RN, you don't have opportunities to advance.
Pros
Nice co-workers, clean environment
Cons
Lack of compensation, benefits
Great team work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa AlabamaMay 2, 2017
Good place to work but enough hours. Its a good clean place to work with great doctors and nurses. They have nice patients rooms and treat them with the up most respect.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Overall Good!
Certified Phlebotomist/Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 29, 2017
DCH has given me great experience and everyone is so kind and helpful. I feel secure and safe with the employees I'm surrounded by and there is great job security
Great people, not so great pay or leadership
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 20, 2017
slow to change but trying to get there. family atmosphere because of employees, not because of leadership in most areas/units. most leaders truly do care about patients; other care more about their bonus. think hard before taking a job here. if you want a family to work with, this is your place. if you want good management or decent pay, keep looking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCH HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

DCH HEALTH SYSTEM Reviews by Location