DCH HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Review

View all DCH HEALTH SYSTEM reviews

Some area are very good, others not so much.
RN (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa and NorthportOctober 7, 2013
A typical day would involve getting report on my patients, assessing those patients, providing care, documenting, and finally giving report to my relief. I learned a lot about all aspects of patient assessment and care from the many continuing education programs that were offered. Upper level management was always involved and visible. I was less impressed with some of the Nurse Managers - some had insufficient hands on experience and/or common sense to have reasonable expectations of their staff. My coworkers were like the rest of the world - some great, some horrible. The hardest part of the 30 years I spent at DCH was the time I worked on the pulmonary unit. Like most people, I don't function optimally in a loud chaotic environment. However, I had to carry beepers for both the heart monitors and ventilator alarms. Plus, the heart monitors alarmed constantly at the station, making in person and telephone communication difficult. It would be much safer and saner to have a dedicated technician assigned to these monitors - rather than a RN who has multiple other responsibilities. The best part of the job was teaching patients how to take care of themselves.
Pros
Continuing education programs, fair salary
Cons
Some Nurse Managers with unrealistic expectations, no Monday-Friday schedule options, being pulled to other units to work, Unit Secretaries trying to run the units

Other DCH HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

stressful and low pay
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 9, 2017
My job experience at DCH was stressful. Working 12 hours doing your job plus the PCA job and not getting paid for it . Sometimes I didnt even get a lunch break and they didnt care if you didnt get one. The supervising was poor , i went to her with problems multiple of times and nothing was done .I wouldnt advise no one to work as a patient attendant at DCH.
Overall good place to work
NNP (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 21, 2017
The NNP's are not compensated for working extra shifts. The pay scale has not been increased in a while for market adjustments, yet the nurses received increase. That is disappointing. Over all a good place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
noncompetitive pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCH HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

DCH HEALTH SYSTEM Reviews by Location