DCH Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Intern
Nursing Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 16, 2018
Patient information was located through two different systems and was completely unorganized. Projects were delayed due to lack of patient information.
Doesn't get paid enough
Unit Secretary/Patient Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 29, 2017
Work day is busy, but its a hospital so its expected. You will learn patient care, and etc depending on self. Management is very unappreciative. But I love what I do and I love helping people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No holiday pay, No time in a half on holidays, None family friendly
Great place
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medical Records AnalystDecember 5, 2017
This was a great place to work. And I and my triplet brother and sister was born here.I enjoyed my job and the staff that I work with everyday. We got really bondd.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Good coworkers but stressful patients and environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 20, 2017
I love the career that I have chosen but the job at DCH is getting hard. It is very stressful. I am looking into getting a job in a smaller facility. That is less stressful. We are almost always understaffed. I feel that we are under-appreciated as nurses. We don't get paid enough to handle the amount of stress that we do. Our job responsibilities are too much. I love my coworkers though. We make a great team and that can make the night go a lot quicker but it can be very rough sometimes.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Stressful, Understaffed
Productive fast paced working environment
PCA (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work and amazing co-workers. You get to learn a lot about yourself and keeping a good pace. The only thing bad I had to say was the pay was not good.
n/a
POSTING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  TuscaloosaSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at DCH medical center is pretty laid back. the atmosphere is pretty positive. The people are very nice and upbeat. This is place where anybody can work that wants a career.
Fair
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 10, 2017
I would say overall this job is okay for anyone to work and, they have great benefits for you to have. Its just a few things that I think could be better like: better pay, some of the management isn't bad but could be better and fair to all employees. I think that they should have 3 shifts rather than 2 because 12 hours for some people are a little to much when people have school and some people also have kids. The job culture is overall good.
It was a good place to work.
Registered Respiratory Therapy Specialist (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 27, 2017
It was a very busy place to work, you can learn alot .They have a full load of work, sometimes short staffed. You carry a link phone and sometimes have 2 or 3 areas of work. You have to be on your toes, busy getting it done because you never know whats going to happen. If there is a code or a patient in one of your areas going bad, you will have to spend alot of time with that patient. Lunch breaks come last. Over all it is a very interesting place to work. Very busy with different types of procedures.
Pros
They offer some good educational opportunities
Cons
It is hard to get off time, when they are short staffed.
Great people and great place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 27, 2017
DCH was definatly my all time favorite job. All the employees were magnificent. The work enviorment was organized and prepared and happy. It was such a great place to work. I miss working there, due to moving I left.
A fast-paced environment with a lot of interaction with people.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJuly 26, 2017
Busy office with many demands.
Learn something new every day.
Ever-changing environment.
Management changes frequently.
Good people.
Many demands on the people and they are not able to hire enough people to handle the workload.
Pros
People are nice and usually friendly
Cons
Rules and regulations changes frequently
Wonderful place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at DCH. I made wonderful friends and learned more in a day from my wonderful employees and manager than I did in 4 months of nursing school. I worked there for 6 years. Organ Donation was a passion of mine after the first case we had. I left to persue that career path. I left on good terms and was given all the encouragement a girl could have asked for to do so.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
a few snarky doctors
excellent work place
CRNP (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 12, 2017
I worked at DCH during and after college. My experience was excellent. Staff and management were wonderful to work with. I learned a great deal while working at DCH.
Cut throat
ARRT (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 9, 2017
No good things about working here other than staff. No room for advancement. Not appreciated or valued for experience. Cut throat pace very understaffed.
Hours are not the best
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 20, 2017
Working overnight is a difficult task. Over the last two years managment has made if very difficult to work overnight by changing the work schedule. 7on/7off has been taken away and a terrible 5on/2off/2on/5off pattern has replaced the "true" 7on/7off. This had made if very difficult to continue working here.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No breaks, compensation, no appreciation from management
great place to work great benefits
REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2017
Its a great place to work it has great benefits. The employees are friendy and the staff know their jobs and responsibilities, I learn alot of new things while working there,,
Good job
RN (Current Employee) –  4th floorJune 1, 2017
Great staff to work with. They provide appropriate training needed. Keep vaccinations up to date. Great employee health staff. Co workers are awesome and helpful. Great support team.
Pros
Work 3 days a week
Cons
Adequate pay scale
Bad mangement
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 31, 2017
The job itself is great but the management is awful. I love helping others but the management doesn't care about their employees. It's not the whole hospital. just the Emergency Department.
Benefits
Cons
Not so friendly Management
Dedicated to the Patient Experience, Just Culture
Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 29, 2017
DCH Health System is dedicated to the Patient Experience. It is based on a Just Culture Platform. DCH Health System allows employees to grow and learn from it's strong leadership foundation.
Could be better could be worse . If wanting to stay around this area then you're pretty much stuck here. Pays the bills but nothing else.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2017
Okay place to work if money isn't an issue. Management needs improvement. Understaffed with nursing. Don't expect pay raises or help with cost of living increases
DCH makes no effort to make you think you are more than a warm body
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 30, 2017
I worked at DCH for almost 10 years. Changes were made fast, not well thought out by management. No compassion for employees what so ever. Just an unfair place to work
Pros
my work mates
Cons
Dch