DCH Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work great benefits
REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2017
Its a great place to work it has great benefits. The employees are friendy and the staff know their jobs and responsibilities, I learn alot of new things while working there,,
Good job
RN (Current Employee) –  4th floorJune 1, 2017
Great staff to work with. They provide appropriate training needed. Keep vaccinations up to date. Great employee health staff. Co workers are awesome and helpful. Great support team.
Pros
Work 3 days a week
Cons
Adequate pay scale
Bad mangement
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 31, 2017
The job itself is great but the management is awful. I love helping others but the management doesn't care about their employees. It's not the whole hospital. just the Emergency Department.
Benefits
Cons
Not so friendly Management
Dedicated to the Patient Experience, Just Culture
Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 29, 2017
DCH Health System is dedicated to the Patient Experience. It is based on a Just Culture Platform. DCH Health System allows employees to grow and learn from it's strong leadership foundation.
Could be better could be worse . If wanting to stay around this area then you're pretty much stuck here. Pays the bills but nothing else.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2017
Okay place to work if money isn't an issue. Management needs improvement. Understaffed with nursing. Don't expect pay raises or help with cost of living increases
DCH makes no effort to make you think you are more than a warm body
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 30, 2017
I worked at DCH for almost 10 years. Changes were made fast, not well thought out by management. No compassion for employees what so ever. Just an unfair place to work
Pros
my work mates
Cons
Dch
Recieving Specimans
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 8, 2017
Perform venipuncture on clients and log in requisitions for physician. The hours are great and the staff are nice. I do enjoys my job , but I wish the company would pay more.
Pros
job stability
Cons
not enough pay
My experience at DCH
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL 35401February 21, 2017
My typical day at DCH is pretty busy. I've learned a lot from the years I worked at DCH. The management time is great. My workplace is awesome and I enjoy my job as a unit secretary. The hardest part of my job is answering the phone,call lights, and watching the heart monitors. This is the typical day at DCH.
Pros
They work with my school schedule.
Cons
Long lunch line and you only get 30mins
Very Busy Floor
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 16, 2017
From the moment you arrive to work you are very busy. You will learn a lot from working on the floor. Management at the time was very considerate and worked with you.
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Tired at the end of your shift
It is a hospital
RN - 4 South Med Surg/Dialysis Floor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 25, 2017
12 hour shifts, 30-45 minute lunch breaks depending on what your manager has decided for the floor you work on. No paid holidays, work every other weekend, overtime is allowed.
great group of co workers
Manager of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 23, 2017
I started @ DCH in 1995. I spent 10 years in the ER and loved every minute of it. I moved to the PACU and was very happy there for 7 years. An opportunity arose for me to be able to come to the Care Management department and I have loved being able to help patients and the hospital at the same time in this role.
active
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 20, 2016
I felt that in my position I was over worked and too much to take care of with very little time . Nurses would not help sometimes expected me to do there job . I worked on the holidays and did not get treated fairly
Pros
lunch was down stairs
Cons
not off on holidays
The beginning of a journey.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 19, 2016
This was my very first hospital setting as a nurse. This hospital set the foundation of my career. I learned here that a nurse is highly valued.
Cashier/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work is cleaning, stocking, cash register, etc. In less then 6 months I became a o/n team leader which lead me to learn how to count the safe, cash registers, set up cafeteria for next shift, etc.
Pros
Free lunches for certain holidays, discounts and more.
Cons
Busy during lunch hours
The RN staff is very friendly and accepting.
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 19, 2015
Love the unit I work on. The people are amazing. I have life long friendships with these people. The place is very very busy. Many changes have happened and are going to continue to happen.
good place to work
retail sales manager /general manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2015
work 8-10 hour a day work with patient and employee to give them great customer service food to the best of my knowledge we serve about 1500-3000 aday with a smile
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
somtime double shift
Great environment to gain experience!
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 13, 2015
A normal day at DCH is fast paced patient load with great co-workers willing to help at all cost. Management even helps on very busy days. The hardest part of my job is knowing something is wrong on the patients test and having to tell them the results will be sent to their Doctor because we are not allowed to tell what we see. I enjoy getting to help people know what is making them sick and how to prevent and cure their disease so they call feel better!
Pros
Very cooperative with child care issues.
Cons
Busy, not enough help in work areas on a daily basis.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2015
I enjoy working for DCH Health System on the Med- Surg floor. A typical day consists of getting patient assignments, which are usually 5 to 6 patients. I will then assess my patients and give morning medicines. Throughout the day, I continue to assess my patients, delegate tasks to PCAs and other staff members, respond to patient needs, and document everything that is done. Some days can become overwhelming, but it is always worth it. My co-workers are always there to help pick my up if things become too hectic. The hardest part of my job is when I have a difficult patient load. I enjoy my co-workers and making a difference in patient's lives.
Productive place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of entering medication orders and dispensing medication to patients. Kinetic dosing, renal dosing, and anticoagulation management are part of staff pharmacist duties.
People knock DCH, but I really liked it
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 4, 2015
DCH has a reputation as a terrible place to work, but I really liked it. They were a good company, and my manager was great working with my schedule while I was in school.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good hospital
Cons
they pay less than in Birmingham