DCI Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 18, 2016
DCI was a very good experience and it's a very good stepping stone for learning the industry and gaining knowledge in the financial and credit Field
Pros
Yearly salary increases
Cons
No room for advancement or promotions
Great place to work!!!
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 2, 2016
Best company to work for in the dialysis field. Best pay I have found in this field. Beats Fresenius Medical care hands down. The pay is better and the benefits package.
Pros
Best pay around
Cons
Very good company to work for before it was sold to another company
AIX/Tivoli Software Support (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 27, 2016
The contracting company was very good to work for and under stood the need for Unix Tech that were needed in the IT Field. Management understood the need to top IT Tech people that were needed at the time for IBM and other tech giants
Pros
good moral
Cons
Excellent management, listened to all ideas and implemented many of any employee.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDApril 26, 2016
Excellent job, even though debt collecting kept it light. Monthly goals, bonuses, rewards, pot lucks, birthday lunches, Christmas party, cared about employee's more than the debt. After 3 years I was in collector management meetings, always listened, researched, never denied a day off, expected us to put family first. Most honorable boss you could possibly have.
Hardest part leaving the job for family.
Most enjoyable felt like I really added to the company, made us feel important. He respected everything we did.
Pros
Lunch around pick up of children, run to appointments any time, eat during work in case couldn't take lunch. We could make up our hours.
Cons
Couldn't work Sunday's.
Productive and fun work place getting to know all the patients that visit on a daily bases
MEDICAL ASSISTANT EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Danville, INDecember 16, 2016
Very early morning start, teamwork that allow the work day to transition smoothly. I learned that even though you can settle into a daily routine, something out of the ordinary can always occur and you always need to be prepared
better options near by
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 29, 2016
dci is a poor company and there is no room for advancement. you have to do so much for so little pay. the manager was no help at all and always took sides with the nurses over to pcts. Teamwork was almost next to impossible.
Pros
work every other Saturday
Cons
short breaks poor wages
Professional Atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
Fast paced atmosphere,rewarding career, opportunity for advancemnets, professional atmosphere, great company to work for
hard hours
Dialysis Technician/MA (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Take vitals every 30 minutes, cannulation, phlebotomy, make sure patients are comfortable during dialysis and their vitals stay within normal limits.
Bad
Plasma Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
If you are already certified they have to train you to there guidelines which takes 2 months till then you are constantly babysat. The wide variety of donors can be a challenge. i left because of RUDE donors that management would do nothing about. and 8.20 an hour to start is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!
Working with other employees was great, but management was not fun to work with.
CNC Programmer and Technician (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, NHJuly 4, 2015
It was a productive and easy going workplace among the employees, but it could be very dusty and long. My coworkers were great to work with, but management was a differnt story. Management was constantly changing the schedule, even before a job could be completed. I had a very difficult time getting useful information from upper management and they seldom commited to a decision. There were many times that I had to buy safety products with my own money and wait for reimbursement later. One of the better benefits for me was 4 weeks vacations and good health insurance.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and good benefits
Cons
Dusty work area and weak management
ok work place
Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2016
Not a very good company to work for, collections are a hard to do.
The management is kinda rude, and hateful. Co-workers were awesome.
Strong work environment and a good place to learn
(Geek Squad Manager), Best Buy (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Working for Geek Squad for years was a good opportunity to learn and develop my skills both as a technician and a leader. It gave me the best opportunities for work with various hardware and software as well as people.

They worked with my hours and provided good benefits for full time employees. Location was good too.
Ok
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2016
Decent place to work. Co-workers are good, just slowed down due to oil field going down. I like the hours. All in all, it was good.
An overall productive with a positive atmosphere
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Working at DCI was a pleasure. the company has a very positive atmosphere in which they cater to their employees needs. Of course they're are politics involved, which is to be expected of major companies, but DCI has a good balance. I enjoyed working for the company. DCI great management and exemplary employees.
Pros
Good bonus structure
Cons
Starting pay
Productive and always a learning experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 2, 2016
Well you had to collect a donor from the waiting lobby, assist them into the chairs and collect their information. Making them feel comfortable and giving them a venipuncture to collect plasma from their blood. When its all said and done, taking them down from the machine, making sure they feel alright, and telling them to have a nice day.
Pros
Knowledge
Fun adaptable workplace
Collector (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2013
Typically at DCI you have to wait until 15 minutes before the building opens to prevent unauthorized over-time which can be annoying.
Once inside there's music playing and a friendly surrounding with fun people. There's a lot of the additional tasks required for a typical collector to execute that have already been taken care of for us, making life at DCI easier. The actual job at DCI isn't for everyone, you have to be motivated, strong willed, loud and ecstatic, and able to maintain a confident person when speaking with these debtors. It's not easy at first, and is hard to keep up with the quota. Certainly adaptable, yet pushing people and being greedy is necessary to be successful there. Some supervisors expect way too much and push a little too hard on their teams. Some people aren't made for this type of job, but the benefits and environment is definitely enjoyable.
Pros
great management
Cons
having to work late mon-tues, being pushed too hard
opportunity for advancement
Production Techniction (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 7, 2012
I started at McCain Foods strait out of high school on the production floor as a floor worker. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement throughout the years and I gradually made my way into the supervisor roll. After being a supervisor for a year I put myself through school to learn more about the business end of the company and graduated with an associates degree in business. The hardest part of my job was learning about the different cultures we worked with and trying to understand what they were saying. The most enjoyable part of my job was thinking outside the box and even if I failed the first three times it always seemed to pay off in the end.
Pros
chanllenges between other lines
Cons
elimination of posistion
Great company as a whole, wonderful vacation and benefits package
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 3, 2016
Great place to work, staff works together as a team. Patient to nurse/tech ratio 4:1. Company matches a good deal on 401b. Vacation earnings are great.
Positive
DEBT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of positive energy as well as helping others Learned how to handle customers who were upset . Management helped to up train and also direct me in the proper path to progress in the company. Fellow coworkers were helpful and used team work to get the job done. Hardest part of this job was properly collecting the amount owed on an account.
Not a good place to work, unless you are in management.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  3316 Dodge StreetFebruary 17, 2013
This place does not value their employee's,unless you are in management
The people who work the hardest, are not appreciated.
You're best will never be good enough.
I have never seen so many people get fired as I have with this place.
Your value is very short lived here.
Open door policy does not exist.
There is no compassion within the work environment.
I would never recommend this place to anyone to work.
Pros
good parking.
Cons
very negative work environment. good ole boy management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCI. Our community is ready to answer.