DCM Services Employee Reviews

stressful
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 12, 2017
not much opportunity to receive commissions. you need to negotiate a large hourly wage to make up for a lack of commissions. Training is ok but doesn't reflect the job duties. co-workers are helpful but management lacks compassion or vision.
Account Rep
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2017
Take inbound and make outbound collection calls on deceased accounts. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who have recently lost a loved on and are trying to resolve their accounts. They pay could definitely be more competitive.
great place to work
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55423September 27, 2017
promotions are not great unless you are promoted within management, if your in a smaller department promotions are slim. happy environment, great earning potential.
Great Management - Amazing Culture - Work Life Balance
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 28, 2017
DCM is a great company to work for! They know how to treat their employees right and really make sure you're fed - weekly bagels, fresh fruit and popcorn as well as monthly lunch and breakfast and cakes for birthdays and anniversaries. Everyone is so friendly and always smiling and managements door is always open whenever you need anything. We are always looking for top talent to join our team and if you are someone who is looking for an amazing culture that allows you flexibility, ongoing training and advancement then you need to work here!
Pros
Culture, Flexibility, Advancement
Cons
Non
Productive, fun environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Great job to work at, great benefits and very welcoming and hard working. Comfortable clothing wear, sit for long hours, set you own schedule and have Saturday and Sunday off and paid holidays
drama team leads
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 20, 2017
I worked at DCM services and the people are great and it truly is a great environment the job itself is different and interesting to learn about but the team leads were horrible and unprofessional .
Pros
free lunches, kind of pick own schedule, nice people
Cons
bad management, nosey
Best job I've had
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2017
DCMS is a great company, I've been with them for about 1 1/2 years now. If you're on the collection floor, you've got a cubicle that you're in most of the day - not to say you can't talk with your coworkers! We have a lot of free food 3 days a week and company provided breakfast and lunch once a month EVERY month! There is a lot of potential to earn monthly bonuses, the biggest I've had was close to $2000 on top of my regular pay. The hardest part is dealing with emotional people on the phone, you need to be very empathetic, but not take things to heart. Management for the most part is great, they become almost like a friend if you have a good relationship with them. One of the biggest pluses of this job is making your own schedule - just need to be at 40 hours each week.
Pros
Free food, make your own schedule
Cons
Not as many advancement opportunities
Great place to work if you're young and/or in school
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 29, 2016
I started working for DCM part time or as needed. As time went on, and others left the company I earned a full time position. The owner of DCM is my Step-Father. I reported to him the first year, and by the end of the year I was running my own shift. DCM no longer secures big projects, so my hours have been cut tremendously. I need and like working full-time now that I live on my own.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No room for advancement
Great work environment family
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNSeptember 6, 2016
▪ Contacting family members to gather estate information
▪ Following Federal and State regulations during phone calls
▪ Collecting payments to reach monthly goals
▪ Handling escalated phone calls before transferring to a manager
▪ Working in a fast-pace based call-center environment
great location, decent pay
Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2016
great place call center work. bonus and other incentive. paid time off and holidays. flexible schedules. Mondays bagels, Wednesdays fruits.
A day at work...
Payment Processing Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 2, 2015
For the most part I really enjoyed working with this company. Due to recent changes at home, I need to step down from the high demands of the position.Management is great, the work alone can be challenging, but overall fulfilling. I encourage anyone looking for fast pace, friendly environment to consider this company.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Permission to take time off. Deadlines.
Nice workers, benefits and bonus for meeting goals
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2015
I think its a great place to work, very felxible, close to home. Overral a great place to work very friendly and understanding managers and team leads.
Pros
Bonus, benefits, pto
Cons
dont hve any cons about this job
Fun place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 17, 2015
It is a lot of head down work but the management is great and they really only help you if you need it the benefits and compensation are both great. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and help you to succeed. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of your goals. The most enjoyable part is being able to work independently
Good Work Place
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 12, 2015
Very Good company to work for and Flexible scheduling a new experience to learn
Pretty enjoyable place to work.
Collector (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MNNovember 23, 2014
I took a pay cut to work at DCM services so I didn't have to work every weekend. Also because I could set my own hours.
depressing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
Decease collection is a beast. Not trying to bad mouth it but I had no idea of the depth of such a job.
Typical day at work was outbound calls to establish a next of kin, will, estates to collect on debt that have been left behind by the deceased. It was cut and dry.
I learned how to empathize in ways I did not know was possible. I learned how to leverage to get the most of what I needed to collect, I learn problem resolutions, I learned how to deescalate and irate client. I learn about court processes and deadlines and documents requirement to file a debt claim, I learn the lingo of legal terms and processes in dealing with attorneys.
The hardest part of my job was separating my emotions from my work while dealing with the decease love ones. having to tell families to find a new place to live and repossession of properties including, homes, cars, jewelry etc.
Pros
free massages
Cons
overwhelming sadness
Productive company in the collections industry.
Team Lead / Collections (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 26, 2014
Typical
- Clock in on time
- Review accounts and make contact with PR of deceased customer
- Find resolution to outstanding debts
- Review / monitor team members

Hardest part of the job
- Being universal with all types of PR / Attorneys

Most enjoyable part of the job
- Great health benefits
Pros
Free lunch / Great monthly bonus / Health care benefits / Flexible work hours
Overview
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 1, 2014
Spend at least 80% of my shift on the dialer making outbound calls seeking the RPC (Right Party Contact) of the decedent. I have learned to actively listen during calls while directing the call to it's purpose and conclusion. Management and co-workers have been key in helping me to adapt and become a better Account Representative. The hardest part of the job is hearing about the deaths of the decedents we are calling upon. The most enjoyable would be the friendly work environment throughout the company.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Collections
Fast paced collection agency.
Sr. Collector (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 12, 2014
Responsible for pre-legal collections. Legal and probate collections. Had to locate asset as family members.
The leader in deceased collections
Claims Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 30, 2014
a tried and true way to get through the business with the use of dialers and manual calls. pretty good atmosphere for employees.
Pros
Free lunch, free breakfast 3 xs a week. good benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2