DCMA Employee Reviews

Description of Work Place
Contract Administrator, GS (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2015
The office was newly renovated, The work was rewarding and promotion is based on performance. I interacted with vendors and went to meeting at the vendor 's location.
Pros
Rewarding work and friendly co-workers
Cons
to far from home
A good lesson
Industrial Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 10, 2015
It was very interesting being on the side of government. I found the position very enlightening. I found the customers to be very willing to meet all the requirements of FAR.
Excellent contribution to the Department of Defense
Defense Contract Management Agency (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Positive and important mission to support and aid Service men and women who serve for their country. Uphold homeland security.
Captain/COO (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Management was engaged and reasonably attentive. The change management was hard at times but the underlying contracts are always changing.
Nice group of people.
DEFENSE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT AGENCY (Current Employee) –  EasternNovember 19, 2014
Overall DCMA has a great group of folks working there. For folks who work and are productive you can get promoted quickly; which is great. Work/life balance is the best.

Training isn't the best, everyone seems to do things their own way.
Looking for a position to use my experiences and skills
Lead Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2014
Overall my daily work consisted over of reviews of contracts, specifications, and completions of work performed each day at various subcontractors assigned to me. Over the years of my career I learned and what was required of the contracts of NASA and DoD and what requirements were required by the various military services. My co-workers over all were good to work with and we all supported each other in anyway that was required. The hardest part was to ensure all the required information was properly documented for sharing with the various levels of management. The primary satisfaction was knowing the products and services meet all requirements of the contracts
Pros
there were no major problems that were not corrected or resolved
Cons
i really enjoyed my daily work and my assigned programs
Employees are true professionals striving to ensure military equipment is appropriate for our military service members.
Defense Contract Management Agency (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2014
DoD agency doing an exemplary job of making sure military equipment sent to our service men and women meets the highest possible standards.
Employees are true professionals and are keenly interested in doing outstanding work.
Management is made up of intelligent, experienced, professionals with a few exceptions.
The agency spends an enormous amount time, money, and talent trying to define and justify its existence. The agency should be concentrating on doing what they do best, and that is overseeing all aspects of military/government contracts to ensure our service members get the best possible equipment.
Great People
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2014
Minimal pay but great culture. I would have liked to continue working there but the salary was not competitive and the chance for advancement was minimal.
Great job with a catch
LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 29, 2014
Typical work day consists of supporting multiple users in off-site locations via phone and remote log ins.
Management has reasonable expectations (usually), but expects three person results from single person.
Customers are great for the (most part), but being the sole support for a dozen off-site locations, some get upset when not being serviced quick enough because of workload.
The hardest part of the job is completing tasks due to most physical locations being remote. Some as far as 4 hours away, with no way to connect remotely.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and learning programs.
Pros
excellent benefits, convenient location.
Cons
not enough people to reasonably complete workload.
Not a good place to work, in fact they are out of business.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 30, 2013
I think the summary says it all. Well, they had more Vice Presidents than workers. They asked me to lie on the accounting reports. I refused.
very good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2013
Love every day I was there

Training was great.

Work hour flexible
Productive and Professional work environment
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER - SME (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2013
Great people to work with, minimal or no supervision
learned acquisition life cicle
Great management
great co-workers
Pros
marginal benefits
Cons
office work
A lot of travel
Supervisory Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 30, 2013
Good experience, but too much time away from family.
Learned how to read drawings and perform inspections.
First real job out of college.
Contract Administration
Defense Contract Management Agency (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 12, 2013
The work day is never the same, you will encounter the most challenging levels in the Acquisitions field.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Keeps you on your toes...
Defense Contract Management Agency (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 30, 2013
Manage tier II support and operations, to include desktops, laptops, Thin Clients, VMware, Routers, Switches, Blackberrys, Broadband communication, wi-fi 802.11g, point to point frame relay circuits, MPLS circuits, DSL circuits, agency service center augmentation, asset management, Information Security, Customer Service, Vendor Relations Management, VPN support, Multifunction Printer support, Conflict resolution. It could go on, basically an endless list of support services to keep up with the ever landscape of IT.
Pros
great customers, friendly work environment
Cons
tough to get promoted, no one seems to leave...
Great place to work, friendly environment.
Quality Assurance Specialist - GS (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 20, 2012
A typical day consist of evaluating contracts, products and processes' for compliance.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
limited advancement.
Defense Contract Management Agency (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2012
Typical 8 hours days. I provide quality assurance on bullett proof vest for the military
Pros
great benefits
Cons
family lives in maryland

4.3