DCP Midstream

DCP Midstream Employer Reviews

Deceptive Management determined to see you fail
Clerical (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: self-serving management and disposable employee mentality
Beware! You may have the best of intentions to support and succeed, but this management team will only set you up to fail. Management and HR simply ignore requests for feedback or if they do acknowledge the request, they simply lie to your face. They present a friendly front, but behind the scenes there is a different story brewing, which they will – more... not share. Two-faced. They simply lead you on and you never know what's being discussed behind your back. This HR department (or lack thereof) is the worst I have ever encountered. Management may want to cut you based on the salary that HR negotiated with you. They think that everyone but themselves are overpaid and want to cut back on salaries so they will come in under budget and get bigger bonuses. You will probably work in excess of 40 hours per week, but they will not pay you for it. Very low morale, distrust and high turnover. Tread lightly. Definitely a "short-term" employment solution, but don't stop interviewing for a better position with an ethical company. – less
Controls
Automation Control Specialist (Former Employee), Okarche, OKJuly 2, 2014
I was able to learn a lot about plant shutdown controls, instrumentation troubleshooting, control systems, and many other areas relating to the automation of a natural gas plant.
Great learning opportunity to move on to better
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, "newer" energetic company atmosphere, training
Cons: turnover, pay relative to market, employee neglect
Standard oil and gas experience of a medium sized company. Good business built on too much contracting (more so than other companies). Plethora of opportunities if you work in the headquarters (as everything is originated and/or controlled from headquarters).
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 2, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly professional staff. An educational company.
Productive and fun work place
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2014
Typical work environment to learn and implement new things
Good pay but they violate their own policies whenever they want
Operator (Former Employee), NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: hourly rate
Cons: missing pay, disregard of safety and epa regs, poor management, incompetent hr department, good ole boys club that will harass those not in their group
Missing pay, harassed with racist symbols, went through 3 managers in 2 years. Managers and operators working without concern to safety, I was involved in 3 near misses due to supervisor ignoring safety. Did my 2 years and left but I'm still alive, work there at your own risk!!
Inept Management
Project Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: poor pay, poor leadership
Absolutely rudderless. No direction, no expectations, no communication...which doesn't mean no meetings, it means no useful content. There is a real lack of professionalism. No direction is provided other than to say, the rock needs to be a different color. Management gets rid of people that ask hard questions. They don't want to change or improve anything.

It – more... is no wonder this place has tremendous turnover. It is inefficient, unprofessional and they don't pay very well. – less
Productive workplace. Loyal to employees
Project Buyer (Current Employee), DenverNovember 4, 2013
Immediate oppurtunity to expand industry knowledge and challenge yourself with new oppurtunities.
productive
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Pros: leadership networking
Gas plant accounting, knowleageable leaders, great schedule, overall great company
Secure place to work, but not challeging
Commercial Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Midland, TXAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not challenging
work in a cubical
Learned to connect wells
Management is disconnected
Not willing to share knowledge
good company, good benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee), Goldsmith, TXJuly 6, 2013
strong leadership, good co-workers

great benefits

Where to begin.....
Low man on the totem pole (Former Employee), Tulsa,OKJune 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many to list
The benefits are very good, and that is all I can say that is positive about DCP.

The company is having to cut back on everything to make up for losing millions of dollars and over spending on projects.

The moral is very poor. Negative persons in management positions who don't train the staff, just assume they will figure it out or ask a coworker. – more... Advancement is non existent, unless you are able to be a yes person and never question the process, oh and suck up to your supervisor.

Best of Luck ! – less
Excited and customer service role in Commercial Operations
Managing Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2013
Pros: teamwork environment, free sodas, open-door policy
Cons: traning limited, support for employee development
In my current role as a Commercial Operations Managing Director in the Oil and Gas industry, my responsibilities are similar to some extent to that of a Chief Operating Officer. I do a lot of customer relations to understand and strategize with my clients the needs they will have related to drilling more oil / gas wells. I then lead my supply chain, – more... engineering, ad operations groups to see what we would need to purchase for the customer’s project, what pipelines or plants we need to engineer, and finally what would it take to build and operate those additional assets needed for the customer. Along with my team and finance, I lead a contract proposal that would be win-win for the customer and my company paying back the investment made by our firm plus a certain ROI. Finally, my team and I take the proposal to the customer to discuss its details. After an agreement is reached, I keep contact with all parts involved and the client through the execution of the project to ensure its effectiveness and to continue to build the customer relationship.

Hence, my daily responsibilities align with getting work done, and execute efficiently and effectively any portion of the project; my job entails performing this example with all the customers I possess. – less
Only thing good about This company is Benefits, and thats pushing it.
Field Employee (Current Employee), Panhandle AssetApril 30, 2013
Pros: prision style work group
Cons: management, everything
Company has lost ALL of its "Family" style ran business. When i first got hired, the company employees were friendly, kind, and we actually did stuff as a team. This culture now has become a cut-throat company and everyone is out for brownie points.

DCP Runs on the "Buddy system" or "its not what you know, but who you know.

Management has become a – more... total joke, constant lies! I dont remember when we were told the truth on a particular issue.

DCP is all about the money, and not the employees. I even heard upper management tell an employee that NEEDED and requested an H2S monitor, that "money is tight right now, Danger is the Nature of our Business!" Who runs a company like that????

Just be very cautious when applying, the Grass is not greener on this side. – less
Amazing City location.
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2013
Pros: great view, right in the heart of downtown denver
Cons: mile-high city, less oxygen.
DCP Midstream is a great company to work for. My supervisor was very encouraging and always challenging me. A typical day at work would consist of working on simulation programs like ASPEN Hysys and ProMax. Under the guidance of my supervisor, I improved my skills at working these programs. The hardest part of the job was to work through the programs. – more... A little calculation mistake and a whole day would pass by troubleshooting it. By far, the best internship experience I've had. – less
Evaluation
Manager, EPMO Process & Controls (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lost leadership for technical competency.
DCP is a great company, but the leadership has lost the actual leadership value vs. technical competency to advancement.
Cultural changes my improve this behavior, but currently the company is experiencing attrition at high level of experienced management in pursuit of a company with better leadership.
Great Place To Be, If You Lack Career Ambitions
Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: alright place to learn about the business and leave, 9-80s during the summer, insurance covers domestic spouses, fear of death diminished, because nothing could be worse than this place
Cons: everything said in the cons section about this company is 100% true, no loyalty, low pay, no employee development
If you're starting out in your career and you want to work for a company that's interested in your development, look elsewhere. I spent four very productive and largely unnoticed years at the bottom of the DCP Midstream foodchain. True story, a position opened up I was interested in. And when it came time to fill the position, I didn't get one look. – more... In fact the person hiring the position said he'd stop by my cube to talk to me one afternoon. I shot him an email looking into when he might come by, and he was already driving back to catch his flight to Denver. On top of this, he flat out lied to me saying he stopped by my cube before leaving, but I wasn't there. That morning, I hadn't left my cube once between him stopping me in the hall and that phone call. The subsequent hirings all came externally. That was a perfect microcosm of my time there. The company is also very tight. When the gas industry was setting record prices in 2008. Our yearly bonus increased by a whopping 2%. – less
Commited to improving their work systems so that you can work smarter
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: bonus safety incentive debit card
Cons: clarity of ccommunication and no advancements
Productive and rewarding
Gained work Knowledge from fellow co-workers
Encourage you to be productive and to do your best
Polite with a teamwork attitude
Having to rely on another department to research an issue that is tied to your work and to get back to you with the results
Completion of daily assigned task
More communication within the company.
Sr. Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: great company overall to work for.
Cons: lack of communication within the company and when you do their taxes, its very important.
This is a great company, but when it comes down to communication within the company, they are horrible.
Not a good Experience.
Contractor: Financial Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 15, 2013
Not a good Experience. Bosses were inactive for professional development.

About DCP Midstream

DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America – Read more

DCP Midstream Photos