DCP Midstream Employee Reviews

Do not follow basic industry methods, results in poor performance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
Major corporation run by an entrenched middle management that has mismanaged many projects that has resulted in over budget and late projects.

CEO is trying to change culture.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Oil & Gas drop hurt the organization
Good company, low pay, culture challenges
Innovations Team Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2016
DCP is overall a good company to work for with good people. They pay fairly low for an O&G company and they have huge cultural issues. The company operates in silos and the culture is driven by whoever leads the department, not the company leadership. Efforts for improvement often fail for lack of support or execution.

There are very little perks working for DCP. If you are a person who doesn't mid sitting in your chair and being told what to do, this is an ok place to work. If you want to grow and challenge the current way of thinking, this is not the workplace for you.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
low salaries
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. Great leaders and atmosphere. Great benefits, good home work life balance. Very involved with the community.
Brand Office Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
Provided administrative support for the Regional Sales Manager of Houston and Beaumont markets. Job duties included interviewing and appointing prospective sales agents and registering them to sell Medicare Advantage products with the state of Texas, managing multiple calendars, booking recurring meetings, creating agendas, coordinating, catering, submission of user access requests for both user access and equipment purchases, compiling weekly and daily reports for management review, and maintaining vacation schedules and personnel files.
Challenging and rewarding career.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKJanuary 31, 2017
The challenge is working on outdated equipment with minimal spare parts, most of the spare parts are outdated and obsolete. The rewards are dependent upon being a "good ol'boy" and being the guy that always fits in their group and does what they are told whether it be right or wrong. Don't ever be the guy that disagrees and offers a different opinion.
Pros
Working hours are reasonable.
Cons
Management and Supervision.
great co-workers, family enviroment at field level
NGL Pipeline Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 16, 2016
good company to work for, slow or no advancement, company truck with freedom ( not pinned to one location ), management for the most part is hands off, hardest part of the job is staying awake
Pros
freedom, friendly work enviroment
Cons
to routine, lack of communication
Enjoyable to work for and allowed me to advance my career knowledge.
Senior Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2016
I continued to develop my project management skills and was given the opportunity to work outside of my comfort zone on projects that challenged me.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay package.
Cons
Suseptable to the energy sectors swings.
Great coworkers, not so great management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  South TexasJanuary 7, 2017
Management is out of touch with employees ,
Really good mechanics and really good plant operators. Higher ups are out of touch with regular employees, lack of understanding from workers to upper management .
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not so great management out of touch
Good company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
Company has very good benefits. Co workers knew their job and were willing to pass on their knowledge to all. Supervisors and management allowed employees to work flex time as long as job was completed on time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
use of too many abbreviations
Great Benefits and Safety Culture.
Propane Operator II (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 18, 2016
DCP Midstream is a great place to work. DCP Midstream has a great safety culture and benefits. I enjoy working outside and interacting with Transport drivers and Railroad Crew.

Want to know more about DCP Midstream?

Ask a question
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
Unfortunately the accounting department is being relocated to Denver or I would finish my career with them. DCP is a great place to work, friendly co-workers, responsive and concerned management team.
Greatest job I ever had
Senior Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMAugust 11, 2016
By far, the best quality people and experience I've had as a safety Manager. I would still be there today had I not gotten married and moved out of the area. If you're fortunate enough to get a job here, count yourself as blessed. Best of luck and enjoy!
Pros
People. Advancement Opportunities
Good job
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
Good job, when first started it was a fun place to work.
The last two years they have new management and the culture has become very negative.
They say they will try to work with you on an issue. H/R is okay with it, but the managers don't talk and nothing happens.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too many managers with conflicting information.
Productive and great employees
Measurement Technician II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 19, 2016
Growing and everyone works as a team safely and effectively. Great management and peers. Great Benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Great Supply Chain Management & Eng teams
CapEx, Turnaround and Asset Support Buyer (Former Employee) –  Midland & Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Had opportunities to interact with multiple groups as CapEx, Eng., Turnaround, OpEx.

Looking forward to retiring there.
Unfortunately the Oil/Gas price occurred and many of us RIF.
Understand completely.
Strongest Midstream processor
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJune 24, 2016
Strong company overall. They're attempting to challenge old school mindsets and really change the business. To employees it can feel unorganized and not thought out, but it's refreshing to see an company attempt to advance the business

- Bonus paid well
- Benefits are good
- Solid progression for high performers
- Probably understaffed in several groups
- Burn out is real
Micro Managed by Incompetence.
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXJuly 1, 2016
Many of the 2nd and 3rd level supervisors are not worth their weight. When making decisions concerning pipeline repairs it seems that environmental contamination are not an issue and long term asset management and protection are not valued.
Pros
Great outdoor work environment.
Cons
Not Compliant with safe work practices concerning PHMSA and OSHA Compliance.
DCP Midstream
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 7, 2016
As an ex employee at DCP Midstream. I can honestly say that it was one of the best experiences I had ever had. I worked with an extremely professional group of people who carried not only character and personality but an abundant of knowledge. The plant supervisor, which was my supervisor, was by far the best management I have ever encountered. He was able balance the fun, leniency with the "have a job to do" pro sauna. he brought the moral of the overall asset to a 100%.
Pros
Working Four 10 hour days and having Fridays off
Cons
Getting Laid Off
Niice place to work
Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 19, 2016
Fun workplace with great people to work with. I learned everything I know about a Gas Plant. I trained for six months. Afterwards I also felt like every day was training because I was always learning something mostly each day.
Least intellectually curious employees I've Ever worked with.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
Frustrating place. No one questions why. They do step 4 because it comes after 3 and before 5. But they have no clue about underlying business process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCP Midstream. Our community is ready to answer.