DCP Midstream Employee Reviews

“Not a recommendation”
AR Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
The company, mainly management, protect each other in whatever way necessary which involves turning a blind eye to serious issues like job harassment (which is prevalent in this organization). The company encourages "Bad Behavior from Controllers", but this is just another way to say that they encourage wrong doing. If you have morals and integrity it is very hard to turn a blind eye to the blatant disrespect of others, especially by people in positions of power. Upper management clearly supports their conduct, and although this is not uncommon, DCP Midstream likes to have them silence employees who is in fear of losing their job.
Benefits
Great company to work for
INFRASTRUCTURE AND NETWORK ARCHITECT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2017
Progressive, growing company with roots in the Duke energy world - headquarters in Denver, but many other sites in the west/southwest - the mix of corporate and field folks, keeps things fresh and interesting.

The company is a mix of large and small efforts and projects. The company culture is open and progressive
Employees were really polite and handled their responsibilities.
Natural Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXOctober 13, 2017
Equipment and machinery were reliable. Good working environment. Equipment was reliable. Received lots of training and learned a lot about the environment outdoors.
Great Place
Emission Technician (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXAugust 30, 2017
Great Place to work and benefits are great. They have a rule about working over 16hrs in a day due to safety but dont follow that rule when it comes time for you to be relieved or dont have a relief to watchout for you.
Quiet but Stressful due to management
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
The office crews were great and everyone got a long really well for the big corporate office. The management seemed to lack communication and how to approach their employees
Great pay and benefits
Propane Operator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 1, 2017
Direct management is poor and cut throat. Great company to work for as far as pay and benefits. There was favoritism towards certain employees which made the work environment very difficult
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Direct management
DCP was a fun and enjoyable place to work.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2017
DCP worked hard to keep up with the times, they have a nice work life balance. They worked hard at improving processes to better the customer experience.
right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing
Sheriff Deputy (Former Employee) –  Borger, TX 79007June 29, 2017
Local management was openly hostile to corp. mgt. They want a sheriff to incorporate and enforce new rules. they threaten you with your job for not enforcing what they want but won't give you the authority to complete the task.
Pros
Good hotels when your out of town which is often. Can work from home occasionally.
Cons
they expect you to take work home and finish it everyday.
Great Culture/Team Environment
EA to the President & VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
DCP was a great place to work while I was there. I jumped right in and the culture and team environment was what really impressed me. My supervisors were great, respected mentors and very encouraging and empowering. I really enjoyed working there. I was very disappointed with the downtown of the oil and gas industry and management changes which required all upper level management to move to Denver. I wish them all the best. If I missed anything the most it would be the people and the culture. It was truly a great place to work.
Pros
Great People / Great Culture
Cons
Lay-offs due to the down turn in the industry
It was a very nice place to work in
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
the people were great. The benefits were great. Most management is fair. Hard to get promoted within the company. printed everyone's calendars and material needed for meetings for the day. Went through emails and sorted. Attend meetings, I was the liaison for the auditors and other admins.
Pros
Pretty flex with working hours
Cons
more than doing just your job was expected
Was a new type of work for me.
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 21, 2017
Was a hard transition to be able to learn everything i needed to Operate and feel comfortable doing it when i was being trained by 4 or 5 different people . Overall experience was good .
Great
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2017
DCP was a great first start for jobs in Oil & Gas. I did learn a lot from my time there. I can't speak to how things are now, but if you are looking for your start this is a good place.
Good place to work.
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 27, 2017
Fair pay and good benefits. I got laid off only because my boss got mad at me for getting him in trouble with hr. otherwise he couldn't fire me, my only regret was that I wish I had just let him call me a Frito bandito without taking it personally. I really liked this job it was a dream job really.
Dcp
Senior Pipiping Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 5, 2017
Great team in Midland really enjoyed my assignment there cause of the people I worked with were very knowledgeable in there fields.
I have worked with some of them before on other project for other companies so it was a rock and roll pace. That the way I like it in the office like if the house is on fire all the time.
Pros
Just a Great Place
Cons
Just a Great Place
pay was great
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXMarch 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the pay. But had other issues that care not to talk about. I personal think some up management should take a better look and some of the plants.
Pros
great pay
Good people to work with.
Equipment Inspector Tech (Former Employee) –  South Texas, TexasMarch 27, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Great benefits. Opportunity for advancement. Enjoyed my coworkers. Opportunity for travel to different areas of company to help fellow department coworkers.
Pros
Annual salary increase, Safety culture, Summer schedule, great people who listen to your ideas.
Cons
Project mismanagement with small frequency.
Okay place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laverne, OKMarch 5, 2017
The pay is decent but there are clicks within the company and if you're not in with them then you tend to get black-balled.
Good
SAP BI Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
Its a good experience working at DCP. Management is excellent and very open to suggestions. I have several appreciations from my Manager for the work I have done here so far.
Challenging and rewarding career.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKJanuary 31, 2017
The challenge is working on outdated equipment with minimal spare parts, most of the spare parts are outdated and obsolete. The rewards are dependent upon being a "good ol'boy" and being the guy that always fits in their group and does what they are told whether it be right or wrong. Don't ever be the guy that disagrees and offers a different opinion.
Pros
Working hours are reasonable.
Cons
Management and Supervision.
good place
Field Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Douglas WyomingJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work Like my job It is a great place to work You learn a lot in the field it's a great job to learn about the gas lines Natural Gas
good