DCP Midstream

DCP Midstream Employer Reviews

Being a contractor means contractor pay
System Technician III (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: bad retention of lazy employees
I was a contractor for a year while working with DCP. It wasn't a bad job, the people were great (well most of them). But the pay just wasn't up to snuff if you were a contractor.

DCP has a bad tendency to keep lazy people on their staff which does nothing but cause more work for the rest of us.
TEKsystems was a good place to work
Talent Aquisition Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 21, 2014
TEKsystems was a great place for me to learn the foundation of recruiting and to grow as a professional. Long hours but the payoff can be great. Great co-workers, young culture.
Productive and busy, always learning something new
Automation Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Liberal, KSOctober 26, 2014
Busy place to work and we have a great local managment staff.
Enjoyable Experiance
I/E Technician Intern (Former Employee), Chickasha, OKOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great training excelent leaders and many free meals
Cons: dangers associated with the position
Working at DCP was great from the start of the day till the end of the day. I learned Many things at DCP the most memorable are the classes they sent me to as an intern. I was able to attend Siemens PLC class, Advanced safety class and company classes in addition to my daily work schedule. Management at DCP wanted me to succeed and showed it in sending – more... me to these classes even though I was Just an Intern. The hardest part of my job was being on call in the extreme cold and brutal hot weather we had but DCP provided all the equipment to make it bearable in any tempter. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction of knowing my mentor trusted me to build devices which were essential to the company without being there to watch over me. – less
Great company and work environment
Sr. Admin lll (Former Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 1, 2014
Very busy and productive
Diverse workplace
Very informative Evecutive Team
Did not care about workers
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Pegasus Gas Plant, Spraberry and Roberts RanchSeptember 22, 2014
Most of people are young and new, have had a large turn over recently
difficult atmosphere
I&E Technician/Master Electrician (Former Employee), Goldsmith, TXAugust 6, 2014
difficult atmosphere to work in. long hours and late night callouts. old antiquated equipment
Deceptive Management determined to see you fail
Clerical (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: self-serving management and disposable employee mentality
Beware! You may have the best of intentions to support and succeed, but this management team will only set you up to fail. Management and HR simply ignore requests for feedback or if they do acknowledge the request, they simply lie to your face. They present a friendly front, but behind the scenes there is a different story brewing, which they will – more... not share. Two-faced. They simply lead you on and you never know what's being discussed behind your back. This HR department (or lack thereof) is the worst I have ever encountered. Management may want to cut you based on the salary that HR negotiated with you. They think that everyone but themselves are overpaid and want to cut back on salaries so they will come in under budget and get bigger bonuses. You will probably work in excess of 40 hours per week, but they will not pay you for it. Very low morale, distrust and high turnover. Tread lightly. Definitely a "short-term" employment solution, but don't stop interviewing for a better position with an ethical company. – less
Controls
Automation Control Specialist (Former Employee), Okarche, OKJuly 2, 2014
I was able to learn a lot about plant shutdown controls, instrumentation troubleshooting, control systems, and many other areas relating to the automation of a natural gas plant.
Great learning opportunity to move on to better
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, "newer" energetic company atmosphere, training
Cons: turnover, pay relative to market, employee neglect
Standard oil and gas experience of a medium sized company. Good business built on too much contracting (more so than other companies). Plethora of opportunities if you work in the headquarters (as everything is originated and/or controlled from headquarters).
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 2, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly professional staff. An educational company.
Productive and fun work place
Business Objects Developer (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2014
Typical work environment to learn and implement new things
Good pay but they violate their own policies whenever they want
Operator (Former Employee), NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: hourly rate
Cons: missing pay, disregard of safety and epa regs, poor management, incompetent hr department, good ole boys club that will harass those not in their group
Missing pay, harassed with racist symbols, went through 3 managers in 2 years. Managers and operators working without concern to safety, I was involved in 3 near misses due to supervisor ignoring safety. Did my 2 years and left but I'm still alive, work there at your own risk!!
Inept Management
Project Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: poor pay, poor leadership
Absolutely rudderless. No direction, no expectations, no communication...which doesn't mean no meetings, it means no useful content. There is a real lack of professionalism. No direction is provided other than to say, the rock needs to be a different color. Management gets rid of people that ask hard questions. They don't want to change or improve anything.

It – more... is no wonder this place has tremendous turnover. It is inefficient, unprofessional and they don't pay very well. – less
Productive workplace. Loyal to employees
Project Buyer (Current Employee), DenverNovember 4, 2013
Immediate oppurtunity to expand industry knowledge and challenge yourself with new oppurtunities.
productive
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2013
Pros: leadership networking
Gas plant accounting, knowleageable leaders, great schedule, overall great company
Secure place to work, but not challeging
Commercial Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Midland, TXAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not challenging
work in a cubical
Learned to connect wells
Management is disconnected
Not willing to share knowledge
good company, good benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee), Goldsmith, TXJuly 6, 2013
strong leadership, good co-workers

great benefits

Excited and customer service role in Commercial Operations
Managing Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2013
Pros: teamwork environment, free sodas, open-door policy
Cons: traning limited, support for employee development
In my current role as a Commercial Operations Managing Director in the Oil and Gas industry, my responsibilities are similar to some extent to that of a Chief Operating Officer. I do a lot of customer relations to understand and strategize with my clients the needs they will have related to drilling more oil / gas wells. I then lead my supply chain, – more... engineering, ad operations groups to see what we would need to purchase for the customer’s project, what pipelines or plants we need to engineer, and finally what would it take to build and operate those additional assets needed for the customer. Along with my team and finance, I lead a contract proposal that would be win-win for the customer and my company paying back the investment made by our firm plus a certain ROI. Finally, my team and I take the proposal to the customer to discuss its details. After an agreement is reached, I keep contact with all parts involved and the client through the execution of the project to ensure its effectiveness and to continue to build the customer relationship.

Hence, my daily responsibilities align with getting work done, and execute efficiently and effectively any portion of the project; my job entails performing this example with all the customers I possess. – less
Only thing good about This company is Benefits, and thats pushing it.
Field Employee (Current Employee), Panhandle AssetApril 30, 2013
Pros: prision style work group
Cons: management, everything
Company has lost ALL of its "Family" style ran business. When i first got hired, the company employees were friendly, kind, and we actually did stuff as a team. This culture now has become a cut-throat company and everyone is out for brownie points.

DCP Runs on the "Buddy system" or "its not what you know, but who you know.

Management has become a – more... total joke, constant lies! I dont remember when we were told the truth on a particular issue.

DCP is all about the money, and not the employees. I even heard upper management tell an employee that NEEDED and requested an H2S monitor, that "money is tight right now, Danger is the Nature of our Business!" Who runs a company like that????

Just be very cautious when applying, the Grass is not greener on this side. – less

About DCP Midstream

DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America – Read more