DCP Midstream Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits and Safety Culture.
Propane Operator II (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 18, 2016
DCP Midstream is a great place to work. DCP Midstream has a great safety culture and benefits. I enjoy working outside and interacting with Transport drivers and Railroad Crew.
Enjoyable to work for and allowed me to advance my career knowledge.
Senior Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2016
I continued to develop my project management skills and was given the opportunity to work outside of my comfort zone on projects that challenged me.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay package.
Cons
Suseptable to the energy sectors swings.
Micro Managed by Incompetence.
Corrosion Technician (Former Employee) –  Perryton, TXJuly 1, 2016
Many of the 2nd and 3rd level supervisors are not worth their weight. When making decisions concerning pipeline repairs it seems that environmental contamination are not an issue and long term asset management and protection are not valued.
Pros
Great outdoor work environment.
Cons
Not Compliant with safe work practices concerning PHMSA and OSHA Compliance.
Good company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
Company has very good benefits. Co workers knew their job and were willing to pass on their knowledge to all. Supervisors and management allowed employees to work flex time as long as job was completed on time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
use of too many abbreviations
Strongest Midstream processor
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Artesia, NMJune 24, 2016
Strong company overall. They're attempting to challenge old school mindsets and really change the business. To employees it can feel unorganized and not thought out, but it's refreshing to see an company attempt to advance the business

- Bonus paid well
- Benefits are good
- Solid progression for high performers
- Probably understaffed in several groups
- Burn out is real
Great Place to develop an engineering career
Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liberal, KSJune 21, 2016
With varying oil/gas prices, there are plenty of opportunities to develop and complete projects that will develop your career.
Challenging work environment
Field Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fairview, OKJune 16, 2016
Work independently with one or more co-workers.
Work on Waukesha 12 cylinder natural gas engines.
Work independently with minimal supervision.
Friendly co-workers.
On call status including holidays.
Work at different locations and not too routine.
Pros
Frequent change in routines.
Cons
On call holidays.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
Unfortunately the accounting department is being relocated to Denver or I would finish my career with them. DCP is a great place to work, friendly co-workers, responsive and concerned management team.
Fun
Pipeline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 9, 2016
Enjoyed the level of responsibility that was required. The job required a individual to be set motivated and organized due to the large amount of work that needed to be done in a timely manner.
Like working for family.
Mechanic X (Current Employee) –  La Gloria, TXJune 8, 2016
Typical day consisted of maintaining natural gas engines, pumps, generators and turbines. Responsible for working through written work orders and also keeping up with PM's on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis depending on the specific equipment. I worked a Monday - Friday schedule off on weekend and on call every two weeks.
Pros
Off on weekends, set schedule, family enviroment.
Cons
On call thats about all i can say was negative.
good company until oil prices drop
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2016
DCP is a good company that is trying to weather the current oil/gas industry downturn. The best way they cut costs is lay offs.
Productive and great employees
Measurement Technician II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 19, 2016
Growing and everyone works as a team safely and effectively. Great management and peers. Great Benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance.
good work group
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hallettsville, TXMay 16, 2016
Too much micromanagement, direct supervision had no say so in reliability in equipment. run units over time allotted for overhauls and top ends
Pros
good people I worked with
Cons
not very good management
Enjoyable workplace
L&U/Measurement (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 11, 2016
A fast paced company with professional leadership and above average compensation and benefits. Enjoyed the opportunity to work with exceptional co-workers.
Productive and great work environment.
Operator Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 11, 2016
DCP is a great company to work for as long as there isn't any layoffs involve. The Plant supervisor i work for is an honest hard working guy and has always been up front with me. I was suppose to be transferred to another facility and instead I am getting laid off. The supervisor is such a great guy he even advised us to put in at other plant facilities and he would let us use him as a reference. I have learned a lot form this company about the way a facility is suppose to be ran and how to be a operator. The co-workers are really good people to work for and the supervisors will do what they can to keep the employees happy. The hardest part of the job for me, well truthfully once I learned the process and the flow everything became so much easier. So I guess that would have been the hardest part. As of right now there isn't anything hard about it.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is that its a one man shift ran 24 hours around the clock so your by yourself and you don't have anyone breathing down your back to get things done. Its at your own pace as long as its done and done the right way the first time, and your not wasting company money.
Pros
Free lunches when there is project going on.
Cons
shift is 6AM-6PM/5:30AM-5:30PM-6PM-6AM/5:30PM-5:30AM
DCP Midstream
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 7, 2016
As an ex employee at DCP Midstream. I can honestly say that it was one of the best experiences I had ever had. I worked with an extremely professional group of people who carried not only character and personality but an abundant of knowledge. The plant supervisor, which was my supervisor, was by far the best management I have ever encountered. He was able balance the fun, leniency with the "have a job to do" pro sauna. he brought the moral of the overall asset to a 100%.
Pros
Working Four 10 hour days and having Fridays off
Cons
Getting Laid Off
Great Company to work for before & during industry slow down.
Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas & Okla. Panhandle (Liberal Kansas Asset)April 6, 2016
A typical day, requesting contractor estimates, requesting PO's, ordering materials, and completing paperwork on New Well Tie-ins.

I built all my well connect files on the computer in Excel to ensure clean copies to file and for GIS information for mapping purposes.

I had great co-workers to work with when doing tie-ins for laying new pipelines.

Hardest part of the job was to find time for vacation when industry was going strong.

Most enjoyable part of my job was to be in the field. Overseeing new well connects and keeping the contractors safe. I'm proud to say that I had 0 contractor & 0 employee injury rate.
Great job and reliable people to work with
Electrical Tech (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne Wells, COApril 6, 2016
Working at DCP is a great experience and I have had the opportunity to broaden my electrical skills here. Unfortunately we are in the business of natural gas and helium. We are in a serious cut do to oil prices and there for I am forced to look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Oil prices affecting the oil patch and plant work forces
Good job
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
Good job, when first started it was a fun place to work.
The last two years they have new management and the culture has become very negative.
They say they will try to work with you on an issue. H/R is okay with it, but the managers don't talk and nothing happens.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too many managers with conflicting information.
Challenging Professional Environment
Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2016
DCP Midstream is a top notch Company which creates a challenging environment for its employees to learn and contribute to the success of the Company's future.