DCP Midstream Employee Reviews

Was a new type of work for me.
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMay 21, 2017
Was a hard transition to be able to learn everything i needed to Operate and feel comfortable doing it when i was being trained by 4 or 5 different people . Overall experience was good .
Great
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2017
DCP was a great first start for jobs in Oil & Gas. I did learn a lot from my time there. I can't speak to how things are now, but if you are looking for your start this is a good place.
Good place to work.
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 27, 2017
Fair pay and good benefits. I got laid off only because my boss got mad at me for getting him in trouble with hr. otherwise he couldn't fire me, my only regret was that I wish I had just let him call me a Frito bandito without taking it personally. I really liked this job it was a dream job really.
Dcp
Senior Pipiping Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 5, 2017
Great team in Midland really enjoyed my assignment there cause of the people I worked with were very knowledgeable in there fields.
I have worked with some of them before on other project for other companies so it was a rock and roll pace. That the way I like it in the office like if the house is on fire all the time.
Pros
Just a Great Place
Cons
Just a Great Place
pay was great
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXMarch 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the pay. But had other issues that care not to talk about. I personal think some up management should take a better look and some of the plants.
Pros
great pay
Good people to work with.
Equipment Inspector Tech (Former Employee) –  South Texas, TexasMarch 27, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Great benefits. Opportunity for advancement. Enjoyed my coworkers. Opportunity for travel to different areas of company to help fellow department coworkers.
Pros
Annual salary increase, Safety culture, Summer schedule, great people who listen to your ideas.
Cons
Project mismanagement with small frequency.
Okay place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laverne, OKMarch 5, 2017
The pay is decent but there are clicks within the company and if you're not in with them then you tend to get black-balled.
Good
SAP BI Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2017
Its a good experience working at DCP. Management is excellent and very open to suggestions. I have several appreciations from my Manager for the work I have done here so far.
Challenging and rewarding career.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKJanuary 31, 2017
The challenge is working on outdated equipment with minimal spare parts, most of the spare parts are outdated and obsolete. The rewards are dependent upon being a "good ol'boy" and being the guy that always fits in their group and does what they are told whether it be right or wrong. Don't ever be the guy that disagrees and offers a different opinion.
Pros
Working hours are reasonable.
Cons
Management and Supervision.
good place
Field Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Douglas WyomingJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work Like my job It is a great place to work You learn a lot in the field it's a great job to learn about the gas lines Natural Gas
good
Great Supply Chain Management & Eng teams
CapEx, Turnaround and Asset Support Buyer (Former Employee) –  Midland & Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Had opportunities to interact with multiple groups as CapEx, Eng., Turnaround, OpEx.

Looking forward to retiring there.
Unfortunately the Oil/Gas price occurred and many of us RIF.
Understand completely.
Great coworkers, not so great management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  South TexasJanuary 7, 2017
Management is out of touch with employees ,
Really good mechanics and really good plant operators. Higher ups are out of touch with regular employees, lack of understanding from workers to upper management .
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not so great management out of touch
Least intellectually curious employees I've Ever worked with.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
Frustrating place. No one questions why. They do step 4 because it comes after 3 and before 5. But they have no clue about underlying business process.
Niice place to work
Gas Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 19, 2016
Fun workplace with great people to work with. I learned everything I know about a Gas Plant. I trained for six months. Afterwards I also felt like every day was training because I was always learning something mostly each day.
Do not follow basic industry methods, results in poor performance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
Major corporation run by an entrenched middle management that has mismanaged many projects that has resulted in over budget and late projects.

CEO is trying to change culture.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Oil & Gas drop hurt the organization
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. Great leaders and atmosphere. Great benefits, good home work life balance. Very involved with the community.
Good company, low pay, culture challenges
Innovations Team Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2016
DCP is overall a good company to work for with good people. They pay fairly low for an O&G company and they have huge cultural issues. The company operates in silos and the culture is driven by whoever leads the department, not the company leadership. Efforts for improvement often fail for lack of support or execution.

There are very little perks working for DCP. If you are a person who doesn't mid sitting in your chair and being told what to do, this is an ok place to work. If you want to grow and challenge the current way of thinking, this is not the workplace for you.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
low salaries
Ok place to work
Senior Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIOctober 17, 2016
This was an ok place to work. My first boss was very talented. The company has done a lot of downsizing in the past couple years.
Brand Office Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
Provided administrative support for the Regional Sales Manager of Houston and Beaumont markets. Job duties included interviewing and appointing prospective sales agents and registering them to sell Medicare Advantage products with the state of Texas, managing multiple calendars, booking recurring meetings, creating agendas, coordinating, catering, submission of user access requests for both user access and equipment purchases, compiling weekly and daily reports for management review, and maintaining vacation schedules and personnel files.
great co-workers, family enviroment at field level
NGL Pipeline Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 16, 2016
good company to work for, slow or no advancement, company truck with freedom ( not pinned to one location ), management for the most part is hands off, hardest part of the job is staying awake
Pros
freedom, friendly work enviroment
Cons
to routine, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCP Midstream. Our community is ready to answer.