DCP Midstream Employee Reviews in United States

Good job
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2016
Good job, when first started it was a fun place to work.
The last two years they have new management and the culture has become very negative.
They say they will try to work with you on an issue. H/R is okay with it, but the managers don't talk and nothing happens.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Too many managers with conflicting information.
Great job and reliable people to work with
Electrical Tech (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne Wells, COApril 6, 2016
Working at DCP is a great experience and I have had the opportunity to broaden my electrical skills here. Unfortunately we are in the business of natural gas and helium. We are in a serious cut do to oil prices and there for I am forced to look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Oil prices affecting the oil patch and plant work forces
Great company!
Title- I&E Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2016
Great company! Some of the best guys ive ever worked with. Great pay great benefits. Still employed just exploring options
Not as advertised
Project Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 7, 2015
Was told this was a company with great benefits, great stability, and excellent growth potential.

None of the above is true. The LEAP Program is a joke, the stability well fell apart with the economy, and the benefits are diminishing.

THe upper management is borderline inept. The HR group, which will try to find a rebuttal for my complaint, is a group of lying, manipulative, only-out-for-themselves, hacks.
Pros
did offer a potential for lots of exposure to the industry
Great Company to work for before & during industry slow down.
Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas & Okla. Panhandle (Liberal Kansas Asset)April 6, 2016
A typical day, requesting contractor estimates, requesting PO's, ordering materials, and completing paperwork on New Well Tie-ins.

I built all my well connect files on the computer in Excel to ensure clean copies to file and for GIS information for mapping purposes.

I had great co-workers to work with when doing tie-ins for laying new pipelines.

Hardest part of the job was to find time for vacation when industry was going strong.

Most enjoyable part of my job was to be in the field. Overseeing new well connects and keeping the contractors safe. I'm proud to say that I had 0 contractor & 0 employee injury rate.
DCP Midstream
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 7, 2016
As an ex employee at DCP Midstream. I can honestly say that it was one of the best experiences I had ever had. I worked with an extremely professional group of people who carried not only character and personality but an abundant of knowledge. The plant supervisor, which was my supervisor, was by far the best management I have ever encountered. He was able balance the fun, leniency with the "have a job to do" pro sauna. he brought the moral of the overall asset to a 100%.
Pros
Working Four 10 hour days and having Fridays off
Cons
Getting Laid Off
Productive and great work environment.
Operator Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 11, 2016
DCP is a great company to work for as long as there isn't any layoffs involve. The Plant supervisor i work for is an honest hard working guy and has always been up front with me. I was suppose to be transferred to another facility and instead I am getting laid off. The supervisor is such a great guy he even advised us to put in at other plant facilities and he would let us use him as a reference. I have learned a lot form this company about the way a facility is suppose to be ran and how to be a operator. The co-workers are really good people to work for and the supervisors will do what they can to keep the employees happy. The hardest part of the job for me, well truthfully once I learned the process and the flow everything became so much easier. So I guess that would have been the hardest part. As of right now there isn't anything hard about it.The most enjoyable part of the job for me is that its a one man shift ran 24 hours around the clock so your by yourself and you don't have anyone breathing down your back to get things done. Its at your own pace as long as its done and done the right way the first time, and your not wasting company money.
Pros
Free lunches when there is project going on.
Cons
shift is 6AM-6PM/5:30AM-5:30PM-6PM-6AM/5:30PM-5:30AM
Great Company
Financial Cost Analyst / Asst EPMO Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for - good balance of life and work and great benefits. Professive and forward thinking management both in Engineering and Commercial groups.
Challenging Professional Environment
Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2016
DCP Midstream is a top notch Company which creates a challenging environment for its employees to learn and contribute to the success of the Company's future.
Productive and overall good place to work
Measurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
DCP Midstream is a good place to work, and it has tremendous employees that pull together to get the job done. However, the compensation is determined by time in service and not by the merits, skills, and productivity of the employee. I currently work two desks and a special project, and I feel that I should receive compensation due to my contribution to the company. Also, there is a lack vertical promotions. Promotions just mean more of the same work.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor rate of compensation
Company is very different depending on office location
Sr. Commercial Gas Supply - Permian Basin (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 21, 2015
I was employed in the Midland, TX office most employees had at least 12 years, most greater than 20+ years seniority. Until the recent oil boom there had not been many new hires.
Management resisted embracing new business models and competitive strategies, even though the recruiter stated "new" business concepts where strongly desired.
At the beginning of the decline of commodity prices DCP was one of the first companies to begin large layoffs.
Dcp
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland OfficeJanuary 30, 2015
I currently do weekly reports on projects, MTD, YTD and weekly financial reports, index drawings in AutoCad, help in logging PSV information, pay invoices, set up meeting, organize training, order supplies, and job books. I have learned the importance of record retention in redoing our Engineering Library. This has been the most difficult task. I enjoy setting training and meeting new people in our organization.
Pros
great benefits, work m-t from 7-4:30 and 7-11 on fridays
Cons
short lunch only 30 min.
good work group
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hallettsville, TXMay 16, 2016
Too much micromanagement, direct supervision had no say so in reliability in equipment. run units over time allotted for overhauls and top ends
Pros
good people I worked with
Cons
not very good management
Productive and great employees
Measurement Technician II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 19, 2016
Growing and everyone works as a team safely and effectively. Great management and peers. Great Benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Enjoyable workplace
L&U/Measurement (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 11, 2016
A fast paced company with professional leadership and above average compensation and benefits. Enjoyed the opportunity to work with exceptional co-workers.
Great job to learn and grow
Field Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 17, 2015
Preventative Maintenance on Engines and Compressors
Field Call-outs
Testing function of safety kills
Log maintenance records, schedule maintenance
WAUKESHA Natural Gas Engines
ARIEL, SUPERIOR, CAMERON and GEMINI Compressors
Verify energy isolation and do LOTO to perform maintenance
Attend weekly safety meetings
Emissions compliance
Head swing, compressor swing, engine swing
Engine overhauls, compressor overhauls, Cylinder overhauls
Keeping service truck in D.O.T. compliance
Keeping locations free of debris and in environmental compliance
Good company
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  NMApril 17, 2015
great work place really enjoy working here
great employees everyone gets along good, all around good people ..pays good, benefits good so no complaints
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Deceptive Management determined to see you fail
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Beware! You may have the best of intentions to support and succeed, but this management team will only set you up to fail. Management and HR simply ignore requests for feedback or if they do acknowledge the request, they simply lie to your face. They present a friendly front, but behind the scenes there is a different story brewing, which they will not share. Two-faced. They simply lead you on and you never know what's being discussed behind your back. This HR department (or lack thereof) is the worst I have ever encountered. Management may want to cut you based on the salary that HR negotiated with you. They think that everyone but themselves are overpaid and want to cut back on salaries so they will come in under budget and get bigger bonuses. You will probably work in excess of 40 hours per week, but they will not pay you for it. Very low morale, distrust and high turnover. Tread lightly. Definitely a "short-term" employment solution, but don't stop interviewing for a better position with an ethical company.
Pros
free parking
Cons
self-serving management and disposable employee mentality
Good Work Atmosphere
Sr. Commercial Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great place to learn and develop within the Energy Sector. Great people to work with.

Fun work place with great management
Most enjoyable part about the job was working alongside great people.
Poor capital management
Senior Manager, Turnaround Center of Excellence (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2015
learned the gas processing business. Applying best practices in an industry that is behind most chemical and refining companies. Lots of travel to out of the way places.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
average benefits