DCP Midstream Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee), Goliad, TXAugust 25, 2015
Great co-workers, Each day just calibrate and maintin different parts of the plant. Learned more about the gas process. Hardest part is having to go out and fix something at 3 in the morning. Most enjoyable is working witha ll the different people.
Company is very different depending on office location
Sr. Commercial Gas Supply - Permian Basin (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 21, 2015
I was employed in the Midland, TX office most employees had at least 12 years, most greater than 20+ years seniority. Until the recent oil boom there had not been many new hires.
Management resisted embracing new business models and competitive strategies, even though the recruiter stated "new" business concepts where strongly desired.
At the beginning of the decline of commodity prices DCP was one of the first companies to begin large layoffs.
Not as advertised
Project Development Engineer (Current Employee), Midland, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: did offer a potential for lots of exposure to the industry
Was told this was a company with great benefits, great stability, and excellent growth potential.

None of the above is true. The LEAP Program is a joke, the stability well fell apart with the economy, and the benefits are diminishing.

THe upper management is borderline inept. The HR group, which will try to find a rebuttal for my complaint, is a group of lying, manipulative, only-out-for-themselves, hacks.
Management Struggling
Buyer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2015
Management struggling keep employees motivated with continuing low oil prices reducing the bottom line. The have failed to find a happy medium and had to resort to lay offs. I hope that they will diversify and come through this a stronger company in the end.
Challenging and Rewarding Workplce
Plant Operator Level I (Current Employee), Oil Center, NMMay 31, 2015
Pros: Solid working relationships with colorful, hard working people.
Cons: Distance from family
It can be daunting and focus intensive at times, but well worth it. I enjoy learning the dynamics of processing natural gas into marketable products and with the assistance of my leadership, I have laid a solid foundation from which to move up from. The comraderie is very apparent and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is ensuring everything is done to the safest ability as a lot of the chemicals and components present a dangerous reality. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is going home knowing I have contributed to something greater than myself.
productive
Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 23, 2015
Excellent working culture. We ae working as contractor from LTI india.
Implemented 11 modules in PS FSCM 9.1
We are in support groiup and My working is in Business support area.
Great Company
Financial Cost Analyst / Asst EPMO Lead (Former Employee), Midland, TXMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for - good balance of life and work and great benefits. Professive and forward thinking management both in Engineering and Commercial groups.
Great Place to work
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMMay 20, 2015
I wish I would have stay with them , the only down fall was the wages . they were fair but no where close to what I was making as contract Inspector.
Awesome Company
Sr. Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Unfortunately, the company was taking a different direction, and there were over 200 people laid off. The management and employees were awesome. I was able to move up within the company to a Sr. Accounting Assistant working on a specific project within the organization.

Great company to work for.
Good company
OPERATOR (Current Employee), NMApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: None
great work place really enjoy working here
great employees everyone gets along good, all around good people ..pays good, benefits good so no complaints
Great people!
Senior Commercial Operations Representative (Current Employee), Houston, txMarch 23, 2015
Great people to work with but not alot of opportunities for advancement. Slow hiring, slow advancement process, close to none.
Very poor upper management
NGL Pipeline Tech II (Former Employee), Conroe, TXMarch 9, 2015
Upper management and safety are a joke, would not recommend this company to anyone even an enemy. Pay was good, more than half of the employees were lazy and got the pat on the back for doing nothing!
great place of empoyment
Welder/ Fabricator (Former Employee), Borger, TXFebruary 24, 2015
My typical day was very busy managing a crew for specific line repairs.
I learned how to be a better leader and to work as a team.
Management was very good with great leadership skills.
The people I got to interact with on a daily bases were very hard working individuals and great team members
The hardest part of my job was the hot and cold climate conditions.
The most enjoyable part of my job was welding.
Kind of Boring
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: intelligent co-workers
Cons: poor mentoring, slow hr
The people I worked with were very nice, however the mentoring aspect could be better. The HR and IT departments also seemed to have a hard time assisting with any problems.
Company on the Rocks
Contractor (Current Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Company is on the rocks. Does not utilize budget or savings to the benefit of the company. Company has had recent lay offs due to poor management of capital.
Great Employees, Good Work Atmosphere
GIS ANALYST II (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free sodas and juices
Cons: galleria traffic
During my time at DCP, I had wonderful co-workers and a management team that understood work-life balance. The whole experience was a positive one. I just hated it to end because of a restructure.
Poor capital management
Senior Manager, Turnaround Center of Excellence (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: average benefits
learned the gas processing business. Applying best practices in an industry that is behind most chemical and refining companies. Lots of travel to out of the way places.
ok
Accounting (Former Employee), houstonFebruary 2, 2015
ok place to be... if you want to advance, go to denver. I like houston. Not a big office in houston. thats all i can say about this company.
DCP
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Midland OfficeJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits, work m-t from 7-4:30 and 7-11 on fridays
Cons: short lunch only 30 min.
I currently do weekly reports on projects, MTD, YTD and weekly financial reports, index drawings in AutoCad, help in logging PSV information, pay invoices, set up meeting, organize training, order supplies, and job books. I have learned the importance of record retention in redoing our Engineering Library. This has been the most difficult task. I enjoy setting training and meeting new people in our organization.
Productive and overall good place to work
Measurement Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor rate of compensation
DCP Midstream is a good place to work, and it has tremendous employees that pull together to get the job done. However, the compensation is determined by time in service and not by the merits, skills, and productivity of the employee. I currently work two desks and a special project, and I feel that I should receive compensation due to my contribution to the company. Also, there is a lack vertical promotions. Promotions just mean more of the same work.