dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Summary
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2016
This was a great work experience to add unto my resume, my co-workers were great people I could get along with them and is even still friends right today. A typical day was pretty smooth besides the recovery at night but overall the job was okay.
NIce discount, but very disorganized
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Easy job, very laid back environment but very poorly organized. Not enough employees, a lot of managing gaps. Low pay but sweet discount.
its a great work place
main cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2015
everyone is so nice its a great place to work you also meet ppl from all around the world its sometimes hard because of how many customers we get but the mangers are awesome they always give a helping hand
Pros
free lunches, extra money when you win employee of the month
Cons
short break, no health care for PT
great place for 1st job
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  1755 Euclid Ave., San Diego CA 92105December 16, 2015
DD's is a great place to work for a student or someone looking for their 1st job. I'm a full time student and they were flexible with my school schedule and my working hours. I learned the functions of the retail market from working on the sales floor to working register. I was able to gain customer service skills, work discipline. My co workers were nice and we worked as a team to always get the job done in a professional and timely manner.
Fast Paced Work Enivorment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2015
Working for dd's was a job i was content at, a normal day would be opening the registers, counting the till, and greeting each customer as they enter the store. Front end supervisors would handled customer service and if needed also hop on cashier. If short staffed, we were assigned to new positions. I worked everyone one from stocking, to floor, to fitting room, to customer service and from leaving my job i made it to front end supervisor. Overall the job came with retail experience and the ability to be well rounded and i knew i could exceed any obstacle they had in store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
shortbreaks, healthcare, mangament
A typical day at dd's
stock clerk (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 10, 2015
The day starts out very early in the morning at 7:30 where we first go out into the sales floor and fix all the things that been moved around in the store and organize everything. Then they'll call all of us back into the stock room to start unloading boxes from the supply truck, then after everything been sorted we start putting up the merchandise on display. After everything finished we go home. I just wish they manage our schedules better one week you'll work everyday then they'll be weeks with just one day to work they"re ridiculous.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no good hours
Managing a fast pace environment, Sales, Customer Satisfaction
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CANovember 7, 2015
This company is fast pace environment. Once I clock I must check who is here where to place them to ensure projects get done and sales are driven. Watch how payroll is for the week if I must, I cut hrs and manage by multi-tasking and delegating task. There is never a dull moment or any down time. Customers come in all the time for the bargains they get. I Ensure that customer service is at it's 100% by coaching cashiers and associates that are on the floor. Everyone must get greeted, given eye contact and a smile within 10 ft. I have an eye for detail and see what others don't see. Training is a must to have a successful store as well as organizational not only for my self but as well as employees. Teaching them how to plan their day up to a week shows them that this is more of just work but learning valuable life lessons. Keeping the team motivated at all times to ensure their happiness and customers. Happy associates means happy customers.
fun place to work just needed more communication
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2015
This was an awsome place to work i just did not like the hours or the pay. Other than that i really liked the job.T he people were friendly and nice.
Cons
pay, hours, not enough communication
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2015
DD's Discount is a fun place to work. Associates treat each other like family. Like every job it has its ups and downs but overall I loved working there. If you try your best you can go up in position.
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Workplace and hardwork
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  winnetka, CASeptember 28, 2015
It was a great place to work, got to know many of my co workers. Management was alright. Everything we did had certain steps we had to follow.
Fun place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 20, 2015
I was always in customer service area which included helping customers do returns or exchanges.I was also sales associate, having to help out customers find what they needed or answering any questions that they might have.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Short staffed
Productive and fun place to work.
Edward Hernandez (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 15, 2015
Perfect place to work if you like fast paced and friendly place of employment. They recognized my hard work and rewarded me for my accomplishments.
Fast Pace working environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be Delievering the deals and True service where Non Negotionables are a must which is to smile and say thank you. What i have learned working at DD"s Discounts would have to be Great Customer service skills and my co workers are fun to work with. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is recovering at the end of the night because the store has to be cleaned within an hour time frame once the store closes. The Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while you are working and getting the task at hand done.
Pros
we have safety party every month
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 2, 2015
Great crew, flexible hours, but had a lot of changes that was difficult to adjust to. The hardest part of my job was nothing everything was easy to learn. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Very busy and friendly enviornment
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2015
Maintaining a safe and secure environment while mitigating theft and fraud. developing great teams and partnerships with all of the cashiers to ensure no internal theft.
Retail Associate
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 21, 2015
My co workers here were not welcoming at all they were very rude and mean. They acted as if they were in high school. Management is extremely unprofessional. When issues arose between me and some of my co workers management did nothing even remotely productive to help fix the situation. We only worked four hour day's, three times a week. The only good thing about this job was the employee discount.
Needed More
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 18, 2015
I was here for almost two years and was promised raises as well promotions and never received any. Co-workers were a delightful to work with managers couldn't make up their mind on having a working frame of mind or I'm at home frame of mind.

Hard to be serious if boss isn't.
Good learning
Buyer - Home Décor and Pet Accessories (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2015
There is no company better at training. But promotions are based on how close you are with upper management. When the President dates the employees, not a good atmosphere.
Needs better management.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 31, 2015
Large number of customers
Learned how to deal with difficult customers
Management could be better
Co-workers are honest and dependable
Hardest part of the job is correcting other's mistakes, although I personally don't find it difficult
Most enjoyable part of the job is building a relationship with my daily customers and learning their needs to better assist them in their decision on a purchase.
Unorganized
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 30, 2015
Stressful with little benefits.
Working in a team environment was a plus.
My store manager was very unorganized and it reflected on the rest of the staff.
Pay is low for what is required and expected from Supervisors.
Part time employees work less than 20hours.
Pros
Discount and working with a big staff
Cons
Bad management, pay