dd's DISCOUNTS

dd's DISCOUNTS Employer Reviews

Always busy
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Gardena, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: 19 minute breaks
Cons: no benefits when part timer
A typical day is greeting customers and various daily activities. I learned a lot of security work but its a first timer job. Co-workers gossip a lot. Hardness part of the job is not getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i can do security work.
Very hard working place with great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2014
At DD's I was surrounded by fast paced, on-the-go work ethic.
Very busy company.
Cashier (Current Employee), San Fernando Valley, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: unreminded of breaks, bad training
This was my first job and it was good because I received good hours and experience. However I wasn't trained very well and was just thrown in to work.
Diligent, fun, work place
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for DD's Discounts, We had quit of bit of changes through out the company over the years but I always managed to roll with the punches and retrain myself as well as associates on the changes. I learned a lot by being part of the team, I leaned how to be a better manager, how to manage my time well on getting assignments i set for my – more... self and assignments I would give to associates, I gained so much experience. That I will always take with me. – less
DD's Discounts fast paced job
Sales associate (Current Employee), South Gate, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work, i would be cashier ringing up customers items, helping people find what they need, and in a fast paced and calmed manner.
The hardest part is closing the store when there are many "go-backs" and items to rearrange.
Dd's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ceres, CAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great breaks, amazing employees
Cons: horrible management
Working at Dd's Discounts was an interesting experience. I did something new every day, and I allowed myself to learn new things as I worked. I always made myself available when I wasn't on schedule and they needed an employee to come in to work. I always offered to help with things that I didn't need too, and I always brought a smile and a positive – more... attitude to work. Working at the discount store I made a few good friends through co-workers and management. I think the thing that I like the most about working at dd's was that I got to learn new things throughout the time I worked there. – less
Gained Product Knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 26, 2014
Pros: awesome company.
Cons: n/a
I loved everything about this job, I learned a lot, took different aspects of this job home with me everyday.
keeps you very occupied
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hemet, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: peaceful quite lunches
Cons: not to long breaks
busy but enjoyable day at work
I learned to keep up and work faster at this workplace
management is great
co-workers are very friendly
hardest part of the job was the fact your on your feet all day
most enjoyable part of the job is that it is easy, keep you busy; you do make friends, and your overall days outcome is a success everytime.
Productive, friendly, and easy-going work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 18, 2014
DD's Discounts, an affiliate of Ross, is a highly exceptional work place. It contains positive and productive workers both managerial and entry-level, as well as well-mannered customers. They provide good training and pay along with enjoyable work whether you're managing, stocking, providing customer service, or providing fair security.
Fun and fast-paced environment.
Head Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: store discount
Cons: low amount of hours/ no room for job growth
I enjoy working at Dd's Discounts and get along with all my fellow employees. I like to serve and help customers and this is the place to do it.
Productive and Fun Work Place!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: training in other areas.
Cons: starting pay.
I have been employed at dd's discounts since October, 2013. I really enjoy the atmosphere and all of the smiling faces.
fun job
Stocker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 10, 2014
I worked in the stock room hanging the clothes that came in. I enjoyed working there just not enough hours. I was only getting 13 hours a week.
Fun Job Good Management
Cashier/Stockroom clerk (Former Employee), Gardena, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: set schedule, close to home
Cons: not enough hours
very fast paced in the mornings, unloading the truck and getting all the products on the floor for purchase.
Basic retail to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: 20% discount of any purchased
Cons: wasnt enough hours given or bad pay
Nice co workers kept me motivated and i worker my way up as a cashier just no god pay was given.
cloths
Sales Associate /Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 18, 2014
typical day was unloading the truck stocking the floor. answering the telphones and ring out customer in friendly manor.
Busy Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2014
Just was hired for grand opening, managers were pretty nice and fair. But was in a bad area
great work enviornment
cashier (Current Employee), Chino, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great working enviornment, coworkers are respectful
Cons: no benefits, store manager needs improvement
a typical day at work as a cashier can be difficult at times but I simply respect customers and my co-workers and treat them the way I would like to be treated. I love assisting the customers and asking them if they found everything they needed during their visit. I learned that you have to work hard to get where you want to be. The store is well managed – more... but the main manager always sits in her office and never associates herself with others. I frankly don't mind, but I can tell it strongly effects the supervisors/managers on duty. I love my co-workers! they are all easy going people, but even if they weren't I would still be respectful and appreciative of them. I admire their work ethic because they always go above and beyond and I learn from their experiences and teachings. I honestly don't find anything quite challenging about this job except for the security guards always testing you on specific questions about the store for example what departments we have shortages in or what our goal percentage is. I feel like its okay to know this information about our store, but quizzing the employees every single work day gets out of hand. I always dislike working with 2 customers at once. Yes its a faster process, but I find it very rude and so do the customers but store policy states that we must work with both customers at once.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping out with the customers. At any time I help someone I feel accomplished and feel great knowing I was able to help a customer find what they need. – less
busy, very productive, great co workers
I work for dd's Discounts as a sales associate (Current Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: not enough hours and pay can be better
you always stay busy, i learned alot from the 3 months i've been working there. The managers are super nice and understanding and same for my co workers, everybody gets along very well. I enjoy going in to work and always walk in with a smile.
Fun and Welcoming Work Enviroment
Cash Office Associate/Back up Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Macon, GaJanuary 26, 2014
Fun And Stable. Gives you a chance to move up.. Managers are nice.
Over worked
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 24, 2014
I found myself doing other managers work. It was hard to get the Assistant and Store Manager on the same page. I loved all my other coworkers and miss them. Im sure not all locations where as bad as where i was.

1 2 3 4

About dd's DISCOUNTS

Ross wants to let you dress (and lots more) for less. A leading off-price apparel retailer (behind  TJX Cos. and Kohl's), Ross – Read more