dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Always busy
Cashier/Associate, Specialist Proctetion Service (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Dd's discounts is a great place to work. They are always busy and very rarely have slow moments. The management there are great. Everyone is friendly.
Pros
30 minutes lunch, discounts
Cons
don't have any
Prductive
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Overall DD's discount is a great place to work. DD's is a hard working and productive workplace. The job works as a team in order to make goals, and no one is left behind.
No flexibility
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 11, 2018
While I was employed by DD’s discounts, I was also enrolled in school and I wasn’t able to continue there due to the lack of flexibility. My work schedule and school schedule always clashed causing my departure.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Flexibility
Honestly not worth it
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnetka, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It's basically a job for only Managers they're the only one with hours everyone else is only part time and its unfair they should give more hours suck
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Love it
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Amazing work environment, great co-workers, lack of team work due to lazy seasonal workers. People were always delightful while customers were rude and vulgar without reason. Very poor treatment to employees by customers on regular occasion. Very few were escorted out of store.
Pros
nice employees, good bosses
Cons
no advancement
Interesting workplace
DDS (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Working at dd's was an enjoyable job because its a lot of departments to work in , you can dress in regular clothes as long as its dd's colors , the hardest part of the job is when its alot of returns .
Alright place to work but no job advancement
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Work isn't too harsh but many people including managers aren't too sure what roles they have to take care of or completely disregard them. I learned to work cooperatively with my associates and leadership to prevent theft and maintain a safe and secure environment. The hardest part of the job is trying to get everyone to perform their roles correctly and being dismissed for not having management status and rude / unruly customers. The most enjoyable is talking to all the customers with their unique stories as they come through the door.
Pros
company parties from time to time
Cons
short breaks, no food close to my location
Start off job not career worth
Cashier/Customer Service/ Front End (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 4, 2018
quick, demanding, stressful, unsafe, work environment, management was mean, really unprofessional, rude, and unwelcoming. Good place to get experience if you have never had a job before but not as a career. Customers are rude and dirty as in they will drop spill and leave things everywhere.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Fun place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnetka, CAJanuary 3, 2018
It was a good experience. Very friendly staff. I would recommend this as a first job to anyone who is just starting.
Everyone treats each other like family
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2018
You become invested in making the store look fabulous. Your coworkers become your family and they are very much invested in your work life as is your life outside of work.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
No paid lunches
Productive and fun worplace
Cashier /Stock person (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Dds was my first job ever I learned a lot about team work and productivity help everyone in the amazing team assembling a brand new facility. Dds discount associate would be a excellent starter position for anyone,
Fast pace working environment,multitasking.
Cashier, Fitting room, Sales floor associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95834January 1, 2018
It's very fast pace,always multitasking,there's always something to do.Management is okay,could be better.Work environment is good,co workers are nice,very helpful.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Short lunches, hours suck
Fast paced clothing store
Sales floor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 28, 2017
Long days, repetitive tasks, friendly staff. The hardest part is how repetitive the work is, and is not very hard work. Management could do better with communication
Fan place to work and grow
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75228December 28, 2017
For been a new field for me I had a great experience working at DD'S Discounts store #5098 learned a lot. They give the opportunity to grow with in the company
Pros
Room to grow within the company
ljaskj
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 22, 2017
DD's is almost always understaffed and make the few employees who work their tails off pick up the slack which results in them being overworked for not enough money to deal with such foolishness. I worked their for almost 2 years with no raise, even AFTER they offered me a management position. That's when I knew I had to leave.
Pros
No pros
Cons
So many cons
Horrible Place to Work
MOD+ (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 22, 2017
I have been with the company for 4 years and have hated every minute of it. We are over worked but not paid what we should. The managers could care less about how they treat their workers and corporate is just as bad. Our DM is known for screaming and yelling at the managers and also employees. The environment is just not a good one.
Place is like Degrassi, fun if you're into that.
Lead Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 19, 2017
Basically a bunch of youngsters who need a job but have no hustle. The long lines and rude guests with no help from Leadship is the best. Management will either be fully on your side or neglect you completey, there is no in between.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2017
This is a good company
They consider the employees
Excellent work enviroment
Fellowship
discount opportunity as employee
They constantly train employees in all areas
okay place
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CADecember 15, 2017
a lot of standing on your feet. manangers were okay. had fun working there.okay hours. putting items back in the store alot of go backs and bringing out new merchandise
No work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2017
Worked as a Store Manager and was required to work a ridiculous amount of hours due to constant payroll constraints. Be ready to explain every detail if any sales metrics is not achieved. Regional Manager often humiliated Store Manager's who did not provide a satisfactory response. Stress level is incredibly high even for successful Managers achieving all metrics. My tip... Avoid at all cost. Not worth your energy. I turned the store around and achieved year end bonus. I regret leaving my former employer for this job. I ended up returning to my former job.
Pros
Cross company discounts