dd's DISCOUNTS Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 6, 2017
I loved working for DD's Discount. The crew was amazing and always had fun while getting our work done. Culture wise, it was a great experience. I met a lot of new people of different races that taught me a lot about their culture. The hardest part of this job was the stock room. We would get shipments in and have to hurry and put merchandise out in order to make room in the stock room. A typical day at work was fun. Despite the angry customers, everything was fine. Management was fun and always had new exciting events for the crew to do besides just working hard.
Overall, a great place to work with a fun work environment.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
Work at DD's was one of the more simple jobs, especially as an SPS. Your job everyday was to ensure the safety of your store while mitigating theft to the best of your ability. Management was a crucial part of my upbringing at DD's, i had a lot of help and guidance to become the Lead. Hardest part of the job was just knowing you can't catch them all, easiest part was standing at a podium/ walking around the front for 8 hours.
cashier/fitting room
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I had to do cashiering alone in the day time until noon which was really frustrating because it was always busy so i would get yelled at by customers. When i call for help my coworkers would take forever to help me assist customers.Fitting room was pretty much an easy task. I would just sort clothes that the customers tried on or if theirs no customers i would organize clothes on the racks.
Pros
easy job overall
Cons
very no help when needed
Management very unfair in hiring and promotions
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDJanuary 31, 2017
As an assistant manager of store operations, I was always present, dependable. The Store Manager was never available and I was you may as well say the store manager.

Store Manager earning the salaried manager's pay while I was only making $12.00 an hour to do his job and then some.
And I was told was that that was my training to move up to the next level never mind the hard work and dedication no matter how hard I worked he got all the credit. I was overworked and definitely under paid.
Pros
Great discounted merchandise
Cons
not enough payroll and associates could only be hired to work part time 25 hours or less
always busy
SRL STOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2017
i have been at dds discounts for 7 years I would say that this company has room for much advancement especially in management. a regular day is like Christmas its always busy and always work to be done.the hardest part of the job would be having to deal with understaffing and having to make due.the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting many diverse people and learning new things
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough training
A job
Sales Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Opening up the store seven days out of the week.
Doing manager job duties but not getting paid for it.
Cashier duties, stocking and labeling items.
BS hours, very unprofessional business conduct from the management department. Constant arguments and complaints coming from coworkers about hours and about the managers. No pay for overtime only on weekends. Terrible job I ever worked.
Pros
None, It was a job
Cons
Too much to write about
Was fun but wouldn't want to work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 13, 2017
here were several things I really enjoyed during me short time there...1) I can't say enough good things about the scheduling system. You are in control and it's all in black and white. 2) There is no mystery or place for favoritism. I'm my experience, most conflicts at work result from people worr… ying more about what other employees are doing that doing the job at hand. I didn't feel that at Macy's. Everyone is responsible for themselves and knows what is expected. I felt like I could approach any of the staff and be heard. The training was very thorough and done on a computer in the store
Great growing company with decent management
Front End Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
A typical day at work consist of helping customers and making sure they have a great shopping experience. Maintaining a clean well organized store for the customers. Management are great, they make sure they gain the skills to be able to grow with the company. I love my coworkers we make sure that each other are comfortable. There isn't a hard part of my job. The enjoyable part of my job is meeting new faces everyday and being able to bring a smile to my customers face. Whether it's giving them fashion advice or helping them find merchandise.
just a temoraryjob to have didn't see the future there.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
being at dd's was just a job to pay the bills that was the most happiness i got out of this job was being able to pay my bills that's my review. my goal is to find a professional job/career a place were i can grow in the company and expand.a place that has hard working people present in the work place.work. place that i can be proud.
One of the best jobs i've worked at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2017
When i go into Dd's the atmosphere is such a good feeling! People love to tell me how much stuff they find or how much they love Dd's! My managers our so calm, cool, and collective. I enjoy every single ome of my co-workers. We all help eachother with side work and back up on the regesters. All and all just a great place to build a future! Great with working around schduels !
Great entry level or beginner job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Working as cashier and in fitting room increasing sales
Assisted customers by providing excellent service to enjoy their shopping experience
Sustained an organized environment for safety precautions
Unload stock room and set up displays
Answered calls and checked customers in and out
Resolved any issues with customers*
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Mangement
Would not work here again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CANovember 27, 2016
Work here was the job I'd like to forget. First day on the job, I was thrown on register with no previous experience. The person training me gave me a very brief and rushed run-down of the basics and essentials within 20 minutes and left me for the rest of my shift in the middle of the Christmas season. Managers were of very little help and had high expectations but didn't provide the assistance or training for what they wanted done. I didn't even learn the names of any co-workers as I felt secluded on the register and left to do the most that I could.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor training, Little help, short breaks, little hours
mess crazy environment
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 28, 2016
I would be in charge of the fitting room as well as organizing the clothes that would be on the floor. I learned how to balance a crazy environment and do my job quickly. The management was a mess. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the mess every second. What i enjoyed the most was helping customers and making sure they left satisfied.
clothing store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2017
I was a cashier when hired then from their I was training to be front end manager. I learned that retail wasn't the right job for me while working for this company. the store manager was rude to employees as well as customers. it was a very unsafe place to work. I hated I ever worked there , very bas experience
Pros
discounts
Cons
late closes
Nice Place to work
Office Temporary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The days can be very busy and challenging but everyone is really nice and docent mind helping you to understand what you are doing. work life balance is great weekends and federal holidays off.
Pros
free breakfast on Fridays, Casual Fridays and Mondays
Cons
Temps don't really have any benefits and you get paid hourly with no over time
My Most Favorite Place in the World
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJanuary 19, 2017
I woke up every morning for work at 9:30am, up early and ready to go to work bright and early. I work in a very friendy, positive environment. My 8 hours of work always went by fast, and my co workers and customers loved my customer service, attitude, and personality.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
15 minute break, 30 minute lunch
Decent Atmosphere
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 28, 2016
DDs Discount is a good store to start job experience. They have a comfortable atmosphere, the people there are very kind and well mannered. I've learned how to work the cashier, stock room duties, and how to co-operate with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and giving them a great experience while they are there.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
No Benefits
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2017
working for a retail store can be overwhelming. this place is for those who can handle people who can be very rude. you have to be aware of thieves. there are many who can change tags price so you have to be aware of items that are being bought.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
sometimes can be to busy for no breaks
Great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Focus on your desire to work for the interviewing company. Clearly there is a reason why you are interviewing for a new job, and your explanation should flatter the interviewer. ...
Speak kindly of your previous or current employer. ...
Be humble and honest when addressing a lay-off or termination.
Don't ever work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLFebruary 2, 2017
You will work 14-20 hours a week max. For the first 3 months i worked only 9 hours a week and that was me going in 3 days 3 hours a day. The management is a joke and they will tell you not to come to work at times simply because it was just the worst experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dd's DISCOUNTS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9