DDB Employee Reviews in United States

Opportunity to learn multiple facets of IT
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2016
You are thrown into the fire in most cases and expected to do the jobs of multiple roles without adequate compensation.
Knowledge is shared among your peers. There is little opportunity for advancement unless you work really really hard and are patient. There are no bonuses, no lunches, no Holiday parties. Finance bottlenecks everything.
Pros
Medical Insurance, 401k, close to downtown
Good Place to work, nice people
Studio Artist (Former Employee) –  437 Madison AveJanuary 20, 2016
Good place to work, nice people and friendly atmosphere. Old school company looking ahead and have a lot of talent. New ideas in the way advertising works.
Nice people at this Agency
Broadcast Business Affairs Asst/ Asst Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2015
management isn't great
advancement isn't good
the agency culture is fun
people are very nice
they have good clients and produce great commercials
Pros
fun work culture, great clients
Cons
not good advancement
fun place to work - nice people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2015
overall this was a great place to work. I was there for 4 years.
I learned a lot working for this company. the people were all great.
Pros
summer hours holiday time off free breakfast
Cons
not enough training
Amazing work environment
Executive Assistant/Creative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2014
DDB is an amazing place to work if you want to get into the advertising business. Fast pace wok environment. Wonderful people who will always let you learn from them and will always encourage you.
Pros
easy relaxing working environment
Sorry to see DDB close.
Creative Director/Art Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2014
I'm happy to say I worked with so many amazing, talented, dedicated, hard working people at DDB.
Overview
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 29, 2014
Great place to work at. A lot of creative activity: studios sharing their skills, various speakers, weekly briefings.

I worked with a couple of very hands on Creatives.

The work was intense as also fulfilling.
More Junior Supervision
Account Executive, Freelance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2013
Working with the junior team having more experience was a challenge.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A very uncomfortable atmosphere
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2013
I only worked here for a short time period. Usually arrived to work early and immediately began my duties of data entry. Also maintained oral conversations with clients via telephone to resolve billing and account resolutions. Management was not always available and co workers were impersonal. The atmosphere was mostly a "come to work, do your job and go home" type of office. Which was fine with me, it allowed me the opportunity to complete my the tasks presented to me daily.
Pros
using my interpersonal skills with clients, typing and filing skills, accounting abilities
Cons
distance of coworkers, lack of management interaction, lack of benefit and advancement opportunities
A great place to work. A fun and productive environment with tight deadlines but no pressure.
Interactive Production Designer - (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2012
- A typical day would be a meeting to go through the agenda for the day, deadlines and aspectations for larger projects. Follow up email and meetings after some work was done to cover what's expected to be done by the end of the day.

I learned how to multi-task large projects.

Management kept me in the loop about what was going on. They also created a buffer between me and the aspectation of the client.

My co-workers were very helpful.

I can't really say there was a hard part to the job.

I liked every part of the job.
Pros
casual dress environment, music playing while i worked, co-workers willing to help if necessary
Cons
being so busy you have to work through lunch.
DDB have no loyalty to it employment, they throw you out like bath water.
Client Financial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2012
I get to work 1 1/2 before anyone else to drink my tea, check my message and reply to each one before I have to start my day. I worked between 9 and 10 hours days, without any overtime. That was me time, before everyone come in and questions. I got along with everyone I worked with, I will fill in when my supervisor asked, never complained about addition work added to my desk. I thought I worked for a good company until I got sick and went on medical leave and they terminated me without any of my benefits.
Pros
fun job
Cons
they just don't care about it's loyal personnel.