DDI Global Employee Reviews

Not a bad place jut some of the wrong people in charge
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJune 14, 2017
orders given from higher up management who read these patients/individuals books only spend time with these people a few times a year if that. And they try and tell you how to do your job when you work with these people 40+hours a week
Needs to work on some stuff
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2017
want u to know everything just 2 weeks no help the manager can't ask her questions ask to much she blocks you won't teach you anything NASTY attitude.
Pros
You get paid for lunch
Cons
You have to work alone no one helps, be ready to deal with nasty attitude, management takes advantage of her role, you teach yourself everything
great work enviornment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Miller Place, NYMarch 27, 2017
this job was a great opportunity and helped me learn and grown so much as a person and a medical assistant. The best part about this job is defiantly the individuals. You get to build such a wonderful relationship. If there is any advise that I can give anyone looking to work in this type of environment it would be that this is a WHOLE different type of job. These are people that need constant care, love, compassion, understanding, and patience.
Not a bad place to work
Office Asst - Tech support (Current Employee) –  Pinckney, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Must think for yourself and know what needs to be done. Pay is never on time, sometimes waiting two to three weeks for a paycheck.
Pros
If you like to problem solve it is great.
Cons
Can not count on you paycheck every Friday.
fun work place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Mount Sinai, NYNovember 18, 2016
teaching everyday life skills.learned paitence. co workers was fun people. hardest part was dealing with some behaviors. the most enjoyable part was going on outtings like basketball,baseball games
Fun company to work with
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 15, 2015
very frustrating and stress with management . Have to do everything by yourself .Very poor management but you cuold learn alot new thing by yourself .
Pros
got bonus if you do good job
Cons
work very late or early till the work done
an unorganized distributing company that makes and sells dispensers
Material Handler(Agency) (Former Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 30, 2015
Its a poor workplace. but if you need a job its there.
It has poor management and has gone under management at least 3 times in one year.
Pros
its a job
Cons
unorganized and and poor communication
Great starter job.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYNovember 15, 2015
The position was fun and rewarding. It did not work around my school schedule. Great job to start and build experience for a preschool teacher.
Productive work place.
Community Instructor (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYAugust 31, 2015
I worked with disable adults. I cooked, I cleaned, helped shower and groom the individuals. The work staff is wonderful, management is great to work for.
good place to jump start your career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJune 8, 2015
there are a of opportunities to grow in many different career directions including transportation, education and health. you must like working with a challenging population and have a good heart.
n/a
delivery drver (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 29, 2014
Im a delivery driver for delivery driver incorporated.It is fast paced
i loved working at ddi
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 26, 2014
it was an amazing experiance. i would love to have the job opertunity again. my workers were awsome i never had a problem with them. i enjoyed everything i did witch mosty of the time it was on the forklifter but that was fine with me i learned manything and that was what DDI was how to operate a forklif and how to be interactive with people
Pros
braskes were good and the lunch hours
Cons
health
Always kept busy
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 23, 2014
Kept busy.
Learned a lot of new software.
Management and coworkers were great working with.
Really enjoyed working with them.
Benefits were good.
A trying position that will toughen, touch, and humble you
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 18, 2014
Working with autistic children is challenging. Not only with regards to patience, but with endurance. Having to do the same exact routine day after day can be a challenge in itself, aside from the daily hurdles of teaching children with short attention spans.

Most days were quite mundane, and rather trying. Other days I dealt with SCIP-R (Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention – Revised) protocol and in maintaining physical safety when a child had an episode. Some became physically violent to others, whereas others tried hurting themselves. In every scenario, safety of the rest of the class became paramount.

The most difficult aspect of this teaching assistant position was feeling like no matter what our efforts, they would still be minimal. For example, if the severity of autism is great enough, learning new skills is virtually impossible, even for the most patient teacher. Some of these children just could not adapt to routine events, and each step of the day would be a new challenge all over again.
Pros
Making a difference in children's lives
Cons
Stressful position with mediocre support
overworked under paid
oxide operator (Former Employee) –  anaheim caApril 9, 2014
worked with hazardous chemicals with no PPE, hired family members only for advancement. got workplace injury and was let go with no medical treatment
Pros
I was able to work as many hours as i possibly could
Cons
no advancement
Not the company I work for
DSP (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMarch 6, 2014
I worked from DDI Suffolk, not DDI Global. DDI Suffolk is not a good company to work for. They overwork you with little concern for your well being. The environment is very stressful for inexperienced workers.
Loving and fun workplace
Certified Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 28, 2013
Fun workplace. The child's needs are always placed first. Great environment
Fun , friendly and hardworking team that always did more than expected.
Support specialist at adult and youth services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2013
At DDI every day was a good day we work to help the elderly disabled to become independent in life.
I have learnt so much. That a family is those that are closest to you for the clients i worked with become like a family or more to me since we share their happiness and grieve every moments achieved goals and recovered their lost happiness .

Most of the clients were good in fact all but it became a little hard when clients who had dementia refused to corporate but with patience i managed to get them back to track.

Though the clients where elderly they were innocent and fun like kid where we played like kids and that was fun , i enjoyed working there.
I loved my job
Inside Sales Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 6, 2013
I started as a receptionist and advanced to Inside Sales. I love paper work, filing, coping, and talking with people. I learned how to read blue prints of our product. Worked with Fed Ex and UPS to find lost or late deliveries. Talked with people all around the world. My co-workers were in other states and countries. The hardest part is telling the customers there orders are going to be late. I really enjoyed talking to people all over the world.
Pros
talking to different countries
Cons
sitting all the time
first time in this field
Direct care staff/ asst manger (Former Employee) –  e northport nyJuly 29, 2013
i worked with mentally challeged adults and assisted them with daliy living skills such as toothbrushing, showering , and making sure that they had a good quality of life.
Pros
good staff
Cons
split shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DDI Global. Our community is ready to answer.