DDI Global

DDI Global Employer Reviews

Always kept busy
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee), Sterling, VAJune 23, 2014
Kept busy.
Learned a lot of new software.
Management and coworkers were great working with.
Really enjoyed working with them.
Benefits were good.
A trying position that will toughen, touch, and humble you
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Huntington, NYMay 18, 2014
Pros: making a difference in children's lives
Cons: stressful position with mediocre support
Working with autistic children is challenging. Not only with regards to patience, but with endurance. Having to do the same exact routine day after day can be a challenge in itself, aside from the daily hurdles of teaching children with short attention spans.

Most days were quite mundane, and rather trying. Other days I dealt with SCIP-R (Strategies – more... for Crisis Intervention and Prevention – Revised) protocol and in maintaining physical safety when a child had an episode. Some became physically violent to others, whereas others tried hurting themselves. In every scenario, safety of the rest of the class became paramount.

The most difficult aspect of this teaching assistant position was feeling like no matter what our efforts, they would still be minimal. For example, if the severity of autism is great enough, learning new skills is virtually impossible, even for the most patient teacher. Some of these children just could not adapt to routine events, and each step of the day would be a new challenge all over again. – less
overworked under paid
oxide operator (Former Employee), anaheim caApril 9, 2014
Pros: i was able to work as many hours as i possibly could
Cons: no advancement
worked with hazardous chemicals with no PPE, hired family members only for advancement. got workplace injury and was let go with no medical treatment
Not the company I work for
DSP (Former Employee), Smithtown, NYMarch 6, 2014
I worked from DDI Suffolk, not DDI Global. DDI Suffolk is not a good company to work for. They overwork you with little concern for your well being. The environment is very stressful for inexperienced workers.
Loving and fun workplace
Certified Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Medford, NYAugust 28, 2013
Fun workplace. The child's needs are always placed first. Great environment
Fun , friendly and hardworking team that always did more than expected.
Support specialist at adult and youth services (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2013
At DDI every day was a good day we work to help the elderly disabled to become independent in life.
I have learnt so much. That a family is those that are closest to you for the clients i worked with become like a family or more to me since we share their happiness and grieve every moments achieved goals and recovered their lost happiness .

Most of – more... the clients were good in fact all but it became a little hard when clients who had dementia refused to corporate but with patience i managed to get them back to track.

Though the clients where elderly they were innocent and fun like kid where we played like kids and that was fun , i enjoyed working there. – less
I loved my job
Inside Sales Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: talking to different countries
Cons: sitting all the time
I started as a receptionist and advanced to Inside Sales. I love paper work, filing, coping, and talking with people. I learned how to read blue prints of our product. Worked with Fed Ex and UPS to find lost or late deliveries. Talked with people all around the world. My co-workers were in other states and countries. The hardest part is telling the – more... customers there orders are going to be late. I really enjoyed talking to people all over the world. – less
first time in this field
Direct care staff/ asst manger (Former Employee), e northport nyJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: split shifts
i worked with mentally challeged adults and assisted them with daliy living skills such as toothbrushing, showering , and making sure that they had a good quality of life.
A great place to work
RSR Route Sales Rep (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: a good job
Cons: not enough hours
In a bobtail truck deliver work supplies to varous work sites and do some carpentry work.
very productive loved the job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAFebruary 27, 2013
working here was amazing its what i enjoyed doing and i was always busy which made work better..if i stay busy my day goes faster and i enjoy the work
your just a slave
one of the slaves (Current Employee), denverFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everthing
mgt focused on monthly goals
could care less about you... need a union
ok.
Test Operator (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAFebruary 21, 2013
just a typical day of work only. dont really show what they know. co-worker is not friendly.
Very satisfying, enjoyed co-workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ashland, ViriginiaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: enjoyed being a trucker
Cons: dealing with the climate in different states, such as heavy rain, snow, extremely hot heat at times.
Tfhe most enjoyable part of my job was traveling from different states. It was a very challenging job. Routes were changed at the spare of the moment. A typical day of work involved getting going early enough to allow time to get myself and the freight there as scheduled. I learned how to be motivated, prompt, safe, and how to cope under pressure.
Do not work here.
Inkjet Operator, Cam Operator, Methods Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling, VASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: its a job.
Cons: everything
They treat there employees like dogs, the company has layoffs about 2-3 times a year.
a day and a life
Secretary/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYAugust 12, 2012
The employees are passionate about what they do - they as well as myself put in 110%.
Busy from the time you walk in the door till you leave.
Its just sad that the state doesn't put more money in these facilities
Secretary/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYAugust 2, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: to little in the pay checks.
The people who work at DDI and I mean the main workers put their heart and souls in their jobs and don't get monetarily rewarded like teachers in the school districts that feel they don't have enough time off... There are a bunch of great people at DDI and Glad I have been a part of their organization.
They also flex for family obligations too.
Community instructor (Former Employee), Smithtown, NYJuly 9, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner, get to go on vacations and outings with individuals
Cons: short breaks, ratio should be higher
I liked the job but it was very difficult dealing with some of the individuals, overall good benefits ,great pay and a job with a good purpose
Exceptional corporate values
Assessment Center Administrator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 21, 2012
Pros: great pay, very professional
Cons: ?
This job required a lot of travel, but they handle everything

Recruitment – August 6, 2012

The job advertised is for Developmental Disabilities Institute and this job is based out of Ronkonkoma, NY. There is no travel required. This comment is not related to our Company.

A bad experience of my professional life.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 1, 2012
DDI has the capability to grow.There is a lot to do. But the current management doesn't want to fix the things. There is a lack of cooperation between the departments and some of the director's capability also have a question mark.
It looks like they are going to close the business,these are the feelings I figured out during my first week at DDI.

Recruitment – August 6, 2012

This review is not for Developmental Disabilities Institute.

HR Job
Assistant to the Director of Human Resource (Former Employee), Richardson txMay 7, 2012
fast pace job, lots of deadlines. Leaning new reports and payroll info.