Deaconess Health System Employee Reviews

Proud to work at Deaconess
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work, people are so friendly, really like family. We work hard, but it is very rewarding. Management from the top down is visible are care about the community, the employees, and most of all the patients.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great benefits, great people
Cons
healthcare is strenous work!
All about Business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2016
Working here I am able to see that they don't care about patients or the quality of care they receive. The place is ran by cliques just like a high school. Managers never around and don't communicate unless it is something bad. Not to mention they don't have competitive wages!! Deaconess is everything a hospital shouldn't be especially when it comes to clueless management and the fact they don't care about patients!!!
Pros
Free water
Cons
People stay in cliques and do not ever question management not even Human Resources will help
Fantastic place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 11, 2017
Deaconess provides a great atmosphere for nurses to practice. As a Magnet facility, Deaconess provides an environment of team work and opportunity for education, growth, and advancement utilizing best practices so that the patients receive the best care possible. challenging work but worthwhile! Great administrative and management support.
Great place to work!!!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 11, 2017
I have been at Deaconess for 15 years and have worked in a variety of areas. I have always felt supported and encouraged to try new things and advance my career. They have a great benefit package including tuition reimbursement which I have used to get my BSN and am now using to obtain my Master's Degree
Priceless
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 27, 2016
I have worked at Deaconess for 5 years and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! I will likely retire from Deaconess. It is an amazing company that stands for what really matters...exceptional patient care. Deaconess not only cares about the patients but also their employees. There are so many perks and benefits that most companies don't care to offer their employees (tuition reimbursement, 401k Match, company discounts, free gym membership, paid certifications, bonuses, etc.).
The rumors of Deaconess culture are true! Everyone really is like family. I've worked in various departments and the teamwork is amazing. Management is fabulous! They care about their employees and do everything they can to help you grow in your knowledge and career. They are also willing to work with you on your schedule.
Deaconess continues to grow and I know that I have job security. With the continued growth there is room to advance as well as the option to change departments.
I really can't say enough about the company and my experience. I enjoy coming to work everyday and that is priceless.
Pros
Benefits, perks, employees, management, growth, opportunity, locations
I love Deaconess
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work!! We love our patients and staff. I have worked other places and always have come back to Deaconess! Nursing is very supportive and great patients.
Pros
lots of variety
Cons
none!
Big system - managment needs revamped.
Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 13, 2016
I worked in an office setting and things are different depending on who the management is. currently the management is horrible and plays favoritism.
Great company culture
MT(ASCP)II (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2016
I greatly enjoyed this position at Deaconess. I had great hours, a good compensation and health care package, and great coworkers. I would highly recommend Deaconess Health System to all healthcare workers.
My work day
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 1, 2016
I get to work around 630-645, sometimes earlier. Clock in is at 7 a.m. I grab my work for the day. Sometimes I will go to the Kiosk and grab a coffee or subway for breakfast with co-workers. For the most part, my co-workers all work together to get tasks done for the day.

There is really not a hard part of to the job I do. It may get a tad bit hectic some days, but nothing hard.

The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to work together with my co-workers and management.
Cons
Not a long enough lunch. It would be nice to have 45 minutes to an hour.
Meh.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2016
I worked at Deaconess Cross Pointe. It is a mental health factory. It's not a good place to work, and you're not making a difference in anyone's life. You're helping a corporation make a dollar.
Pros
Getting off at the end of the day
Cons
No breaks, short breaks
Deaconess Clinics are the worst place to work!
Clinic employee (Former Employee) –  ClinicOctober 24, 2014
working in the clinics are aweful, under staffed most days, the phone systems are lacking, the management has no clue what they are doing. no type of deligating or spreading out the work load- you will be swimming with work and someone else will be walking around and chatting to everyone and not doing their job. Most of the employees are women who gossip, set up other employees, and wear them down until they eventually quit or get fired. On the plus side they do offer awesome benefits if you can keep your head above water.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many to list!
Great place to work for
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 19, 2016
Best job I ever had. It made working fun and the pay was great for college kids. Loved the crew I worked with. the hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Rude guest
unprofessional atmosphere
phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  main campus laboratoryAugust 22, 2013
Deaconess laboratory is a horrible place to work and it’s obvious by the high turnover rate. The employee’s will team up and mental abuse certain people until that person quits or they find a way to get them fired. I was shocked by the maturity level and unprofessionalism of ‘some’ of the employee’s. They don’t tell you about babysitting in the job description. Sometimes it feels like your sitting for a bunch of loud obnoxious and unruly teenagers that don’t want to work. When they’re not sitting around on their cell phones they like to start office drama and gather together their click.
When the main supervisor is there she spends most her time shopping online or walking laps around the hospital in her gym clothes with her friend. She does not like to spend time getting to know her workers. The reason for the high employee turnover rate might also be because she likes to fire people without warning.
benefits
Cons
unprofessional environment
Draining
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2016
Lots of drama and job cutting. Glad to be gone. No discipline action when employees need something said to them. Liked my manager though.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
DRAMA
Pharmacy department
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 30, 2013
A typical day is working short staffed and the management doesn't care to find anyone else to cover. That is just great PATIENT CARE....NOT.
The workload is not divided out and a lot more is given to the FAMILY PHARMACY and they are not always busy.
Most co-workers are just there for the paycheck and that is all.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management and they just don't want to be bothered and are ready to leave at 3:30.
I would think that since there is a HUGE TURNOVER rate in that department maybe the CEO should be looking at the MANAGEMENT TEAM and asking them what the problem is.
The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving time.
Pros
lunch
Cons
MANAGEMENT WAS AWLFUL
Terrible place to work deaconess main campus
Pharmacy tech  (Former Employee) –  Evansville, Indiana May 24, 2013
The pharmacy at deaconess main campus is the most terrible place to ever work. People call in all of the time, the same ones show up for work late every time they are scheduled. Lazy, lying techs. Workers abuse other workers mentally. Lots of cursing and alot stay on there cell phones. The manager doesn't care. You can let her know. She does nothing she is there for a paycheck thats all. So NO management do what you want. People working there are mean hateful two faced. Most sit and gossip all day. I give this place and thumbs down.
Pros
Do what ever you want
Cons
No management
I have never worked in a place so horrible.
Pharmacy  (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN May 23, 2013
I worked in the pharmacy at deaconess Main campus. There is No management there. They did not care if you called in a lot, workers staying on cell phones all the time. Even when a manager would walk by. Employees cursing, rude, lazy . take hour or longer lunches. When you're supposed to take 45 minutes. The pharmacy at deaconess Main is the worse place to work. I give it a zero.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
No breaks, no management
Risk and Safety Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 14, 2014
I enjoyed having an internship through Deaconess. I learned a lot about the professional setting in a hospital. I worked in the Safety and Risk Management department so I learned a lot about documenting any incidences that may have occurred. My co-workers were excellent and made sure to teach me all about what they did.
Pros
Great people to work with
Great people at Deaconess.
Education Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2012
Deaconess provided time to learn organization and allowed me to utilize expertise learning software programs and working with people at all levels of management.
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 4, 2015
Good busy place to work. Everyday is a new challenge. Not micromanaged. Decent size Health System that cares about patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Health System. Our community is ready to answer.