Deaconess Health System

Deaconess Health System Employer Reviews

Risk and Safety Management Intern (Former Employee), Evansville, INApril 14, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
I enjoyed having an internship through Deaconess. I learned a lot about the professional setting in a hospital. I worked in the Safety and Risk Management department so I learned a lot about documenting any incidences that may have occurred. My co-workers were excellent and made sure to teach me all about what they did.
PHARMACY DEPARTMENT
pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 30, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: management was awlful
A typical day is working short staffed and the management doesn't care to find anyone else to cover. That is just great PATIENT CARE....NOT.
The workload is not divided out and a lot more is given to the FAMILY PHARMACY and they are not always busy.
Most co-workers are just there for the paycheck and that is all.
The hardest part of the job is dealing – more... with the management and they just don't want to be bothered and are ready to leave at 3:30.
I would think that since there is a HUGE TURNOVER rate in that department maybe the CEO should be looking at the MANAGEMENT TEAM and asking them what the problem is.
The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving time. – less
unprofessional atmosphere
phlebotomy (Former Employee), main campus laboratoryAugust 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unprofessional environment
Deaconess laboratory is a horrible place to work and it’s obvious by the high turnover rate. The employee’s will team up and mental abuse certain people until that person quits or they find a way to get them fired. I was shocked by the maturity level and unprofessionalism of ‘some’ of the employee’s. They don’t tell you about babysitting in the job – more... description. Sometimes it feels like your sitting for a bunch of loud obnoxious and unruly teenagers that don’t want to work. When they’re not sitting around on their cell phones they like to start office drama and gather together their click.
When the main supervisor is there she spends most her time shopping online or walking laps around the hospital in her gym clothes with her friend. She does not like to spend time getting to know her workers. The reason for the high employee turnover rate might also be because she likes to fire people without warning. – less
Terrible place to work deaconess main campus
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Evansville, IndianaMay 24, 2013
Pros: do what ever you want
Cons: no management
The pharmacy at deaconess main campus is the most terrible place to ever work. People call in all of the time, the same ones show up for work late every time they are scheduled. Lazy, lying techs. Workers abuse other workers mentally. Lots of cursing and alot stay on there cell phones. The manager doesn't care. You can let her know. She does nothing – more... she is there for a paycheck thats all. So NO management do what you want. People working there are mean hateful two faced. Most sit and gossip all day. I give this place and thumbs down. – less
I have never worked in a place so horrible.
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 23, 2013
Pros: benfits
Cons: no breaks, no management
I worked in the pharmacy at deaconess Main campus. There is No management there. They did not care if you called in a lot, workers staying on cell phones all the time. Even when a manager would walk by. Employees cursing, rude, lazy . take hour or longer lunches. When you're supposed to take 45 minutes. The pharmacy at deaconess Main is the worse place – more... to work. I give it a zero. – less
Great place to work as a team
Resident Chaplain (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 10, 2013
This is a great program with superb, caring supervisors. The entire hospital promotes a team atmosphere.
4 Stars
Radiology (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 4, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance
The hardest part of this job is the ongoing unknown of the work day. You never know what the day will be like and there are always new challenges. This position is challenging and fast paced but good for someone that loves to keep busy.
Great people at Deaconess.
Education Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2012
Deaconess provided time to learn organization and allowed me to utilize expertise learning software programs and working with people at all levels of management.