Deaconess Health System Employee Reviews

Love the job , not the people in department
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 15, 2017
Would be a wonderful job if all worked together as a team , always short staffed always talking about other coworkers management over worked and stressed , no help with training .
Flexibility of the management office
CPE resident (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 8, 2017
The religious department was the best department to work for, and the most divers department in the system. My manager and supervisors were the best even though I have not exposed to others.
Loved working here
LPN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2017
The only reason I left this job was that I had to relocate. The management was great, benefits were great. All around nice working environment. Never had a day where I didn't want to go to work.
Pros
Cons
Notjing
Productive and Fun work Environment!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 17, 2017
I truly enjoy my position as a nurse with Deaconess!!! I work in a office setting at the clinic! The providers and management are truly amazing! I have worked in the same office now for a cumulative 5-6 years! We are a large and busy office! Sometimes I do feel underpaid for what we do in our office but even with that I love my job and have no intentions on leaving! Great Benefits! Lots of structure!
Pros
Great Management
Very good I loved my residents and co workers
CNA/CMT (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOAugust 31, 2017
Working at this faucility was the best experience I had in a very long time I started out on the Medicare unit, this unit gave you 8 hours a shift, and there wasn't many on this hall. You clocked in on a different code for the unit. The staff was team players, the nurses were kool also.
Pros
Very good place to work great team work
Cons
I did not find any negativity at this faucility
Loved working here
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Oakland City, INAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits, coworkers, management were exceptional. Work hours and job duties were fair and balanced. Physicians were top notch. A+
Poor Leadership in certain department
IT Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 19, 2017
Promote a bad culture of politics within the office. Leadership does not acknowledge the amount of work the employees are required to put in to get their workload completed. Leadership does not understand the scope of the work that is performed based on updated technology and electronic health records.

Very hostile work environment
Benefits
Not safe for RNs to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2017
PCTs lie often and ty and get the Nurses into trouble. Management is oblivious to this happening as well as HR. They do not have a clue. The goal is to have control and get nurses fired.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not safe to be a nurse there.
OK place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 24, 2017
Have worked here for quite a while, and have been in several different areas, including working at both campus's. Management does not like to take care of problems when they arise, including workplace harassment. Tends to drive good, hard working people away.
Great productive work environment
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 19, 2017
I have worked here for 11 years and they have been great to me and allowed me advancement and helped me find my best suited position in the Deaconess system.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Managment disconnect
Terrible. I would never work for this company
Psych nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 18, 2017
Human Resources has got to be the worse I have ever dealt with. They don't know what they are doing puppets. And they lie. I wouldn't go there. Run while you can
Pros
Overtime because understaffed
Cons
Money
no notice
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYMarch 26, 2017
enjoyed working with my girls, but not management. no communication with my doctor and no notice. hours were great. drive for me was not good. benfits and time off was good
new experiences every day
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INMarch 3, 2017
I perform phlebotomy and perform all waived testing for 6 providers.
The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing and speaking with my patients I have gotten to know in the last 13 years of working with this employer.
Great place to work!!!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 11, 2017
I have been at Deaconess for 15 years and have worked in a variety of areas. I have always felt supported and encouraged to try new things and advance my career. They have a great benefit package including tuition reimbursement which I have used to get my BSN and am now using to obtain my Master's Degree
Fantastic place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 11, 2017
Deaconess provides a great atmosphere for nurses to practice. As a Magnet facility, Deaconess provides an environment of team work and opportunity for education, growth, and advancement utilizing best practices so that the patients receive the best care possible. challenging work but worthwhile! Great administrative and management support.
I love Deaconess
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work!! We love our patients and staff. I have worked other places and always have come back to Deaconess! Nursing is very supportive and great patients.
Pros
lots of variety
Cons
none!
Proud to work at Deaconess
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work, people are so friendly, really like family. We work hard, but it is very rewarding. Management from the top down is visible are care about the community, the employees, and most of all the patients.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great benefits, great people
Cons
healthcare is strenous work!
All about Business
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2016
Working here I am able to see that they don't care about patients or the quality of care they receive. The place is ran by cliques just like a high school. Managers never around and don't communicate unless it is something bad. Not to mention they don't have competitive wages!! Deaconess is everything a hospital shouldn't be especially when it comes to clueless management and the fact they don't care about patients!!!
Pros
Free water
Cons
People stay in cliques and do not ever question management not even Human Resources will help
excellent company
Clinical Research Coordinator / Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 28, 2016
depending upon department determines a lot. Deaconess is a great company to work for, can always transfer to different departments if needed or desired.
Meh.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2016
I worked at Deaconess Cross Pointe. It is a mental health factory. It's not a good place to work, and you're not making a difference in anyone's life. You're helping a corporation make a dollar.
Pros
Getting off at the end of the day
Cons
No breaks, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Health System. Our community is ready to answer.