Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

productive, very busy
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 29, 2016
typical day was busy constantly on feet
i learned to be quick on feet and make fast decisions if something went wrong with the patient while transporting them. management was good, they were easy going and flexible. I usually worked alone, i didn't usually work with other co-workers. Hardest part was how busy i could get and running all over the hospital and it would just be me. I really enjoyed working in a hospital.
Worst company I ever worked for
RN (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 24, 2016
Work as an RN. They have so many openings every single month because everybody hates working here. We are always understaffed and over worked. They hire a lot of new grad RNs but many, many of them do not even last one year because it's so unsafe. Management is very poor. Co-workers are very mean to newbies. Need to get malpractice insurance if you work here. Two nurses I know have been involved in lawsuits.
Pros
Hires new grads - any warm body will do
great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 11, 2016
This was my first job out of high school working in Radiology department at Deaconess Hospital. I wore many hats at this job. I worked the dark room, charted reports, typed reports, assisted the Radiologist during procedures. But mostly, clerical, office type duties. I learned that if you can work for a physician you can work for anybody. The hardest part was witnessing emergencies to save a life. The most enjoyable was getting to meet fantastic people. At 18 years of age an individual person learns a lot in a hospital surrounding. I was glad to have the experience.
Pros
the learning processes
Cons
dealing with certain Dr's they can be cranky at times
Was not my favorite place to work
Nutrition Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2016
AT the time I should not have been working, but life has a way of making do things you shouldn't in order to survive. The job was very physical for me. And the some of the Doctors were not very professional towards me. Made me feel very uncomfortable.
Great Work Environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99204February 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at Deaconess Hospital is the employees there. There is always a helping hand when you need it making the job fun and yet a great learning environment.
Unit Clerk/Office Assistant
Unit Secretary / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2016
It has been several years since I worked at Deaconess. Overall it was great work environment. As a unit clerk I transcribe physician orders from the patient charts (ordering lab, x-rays test, medications, dietary) and making sure the patients nurse was notified of the orders. I enjoyed working with all of the different people through out the hospital. The office assistant position was in the Family Practice Residency office. I answered multiple phone lines, scheduled patient appointments, medical records, insurance billing and follow up. I worked with very nice people. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the needs and wants of 16 different physicians as they are also learning at the same time. Most of the patient population was patients who did not have a primary provider and dealing with their hardships or the type of lifestyle they led was sometimes heartbreaking. I enjoyed working with all the different people and I enjoyed seeing the new babies.
a lot more caring and being blessed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2016
Good experience in cooking in hospital.Learned about health sickness virius. For me who never worked in a hospital before co-workers shared a lot information to make feel better by caring for others not well and that might be sick.
Medical Receptionist / File Clerk / Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist/File Clerk/ Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Greet patients, scheduling patient appointments,
confirming appointments, collect co-payments,
venepuncture of all patients, urinalysis, throat swabs,
stool specimens, filing paper charts daily, pull charts daily,
collect sort distribute daily US mail
I learned to Multi task all duties given to me,
I had the greatest respect for Management because they were always fair to the staff; constantly challenging us to become better.
Co-workers were dependable fun to work with and very family oriented. The hardest part of the job was when I was asked to relocate to a new location with Physicians who wanted to open their own Practice. The most enjoyable part of my job was every aspect because we blended well as an office.
Very busy, large inner city teaching hospital.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2016
A day consisted of a myriad of patients from pediatric to geriatric. Challenging, diverse environment. Immense learning opportunities that taught me to think outside of the RT box.
Good
Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 13, 2016
Worked there almost 40 years ago. It was a nice place to work. Good coworkers and supervisor. Left to accept a another position.
Good learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 3, 2016
Had the chance to help people in need. learned a lot being in a medical environment. my co-workers were very imformative
Fast paced enviroment
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 10, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced and very customer serviced based environment. I learned how to manage my time effectively and efficiently to complete the tasks at hand. The most difficult part of the job is getting everything done on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have done my best to take care of my customers needs.
Pros
Getting to work with great team members.
Cons
Miscommunicatioins
Member Patient (Pt.) Focused Care Delivery Team
Member Pt. Focused Care Team Deaconess Hospital (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 29, 2015
Consisted of dual role in addition to primary job. Participated in and lead some teams encompassing a reengineering quality improvement process targeting delivery of patient care.
great place to work
Lead Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2015
achieves all aspect of plant operations. completes work duties.maintains all equipment,paper work state,fed,city reqirements
Pros
great place to work
Good place to work!
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 14, 2015
I would go back there. It is a really great place to work! The personal that I worked will was great also! The hardest part of this position was some day seem so long.
It was the best hospital to work for when I worked there.
Clinical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2015
Every one helped each other out. The hardest part was working with so many changes in management. When a hospital undergoes major changes, it can really test a persons ability to adjust.
Deaconess associates were not very friendly
Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2015
Overall deaconess wages were very good but it just wasn't the most friendliest place to work, they had a massive layoff six months after I was hired which did not look good on my resume.
Great place to work with great co-workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day consisted of taking all patient vitals and recording them. Serve patient meal trays and feed those that need assistance. Set up rooms for incoming patients. Give baths and get patients ready to go home that have discharge orders. Transfer patients to different parts of the hospital and put together needed equipment. Assisted Unit Clerk as needed. Work closely with doctors and nurses to provide the best care to patients.
Great people and patients to work with
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2015
Very busy days working with patients. lots of busy, back breaking work, but worth it all. Day shifts started getting vital signs on all patients, making sure each patient got their breakfast and could eat it. I would document all intake and output and help patients to the bathroom. I offered each patient a chance and assistance if needed to bathe and I would change their bedding. I would answer call lights and make sure each patient had their needs met as best as possible. I would obtain blood sugars and report any out of range results to the nurse. I would then make sure each patient got lunch and could eat well. I would maybe get a lunch, but usually not.
Lots of teamwork and great co-workers
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 13, 2015
First job as Registered Nurse. The co-workers worked well as a team and were supportive of one another. It was a great place to grow in experience,Worked in Postpartum, Newborn Nursery and NICU.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Varied shifts