Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work and the staff very appreciative
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2017
My work environment is always enjoyable. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We work together as a team and strive to deliver high quality patient care.
Fun place to work
CREDIT COLLECTIONS (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2017
Working in the Business Office for Deaconess Hospital, was rewarding and busy. I learned a lot about the healthcare industry. I worked with a great group of people.
Pros
never ran out of work
Cons
to much overtime
Variety
Microbiology, virology, lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 24, 2017
My experience at Deaconess was a long time ago but I had a great deal of variety in the tasks i did and was allowed to pick up extra hours in other departments.
Pros
variety of tasks
Cons
hospital budget-hours got cut
fast passed, high level of care facility
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 11, 2017
A typical day at work includes constant time management skills, organizing multiple patient care plans; Pre op and Post op care, working with multiple teams.
I have learned from this job the value of team work and time management. I have learned multiple skill sets.
My workplace culture revolves around team work.
The hardest part of my job is the patient load and high acquity.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers.
Pros
skills learned
Cons
schedule, work hours
Great place to work!
Patient Care Technician III (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for the organization. Everyone is very caring and giving. You are a big family on the unit that I worked on. The care was great and I miss working there. Would still work there if I hadn't moved out of town.
Pros
everything
Cons
some of the doctors' attitudes
Great IT department to work with
Assist Clarity (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 1, 2017
An experience unforgettable. All coworkers pleasant and helpful. I would recommend anyone to try this place for a position. this was a positive experience for myself as a consultant in IT
Poor Management, unfriendly.
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 24, 2017
Staff was divided into cliques, one against the other, taking precious time from patient care. Insubordinate staff, allowed this behavior by the management. Unfriendly.

RN's sat behind a glass nurses station, no interaction with patients or interest in doing so.

Unit managers were unprofessional in their behavior and interaction with their staff, except for the few "favorites."

The hospital was not clean. There were no provisions for weekend staff to purchase food within the hospital while working 12-16 hour shifts.
Pros
excellent salary
Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 21, 2017
Each day that I work, I am providing care to the patients on my unit. I communicate with nurses and doctors each day. Documentation on each patient, recognize changes with patients, balance time between each patient, and also organize equipment rooms, patient rooms, etc.
I love everything about the career that I chose.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47714March 14, 2017
I love this field of work. I was a CNA for a little over 6 years I would never want to go back to the part of the medical field. Being a Phlebotomist is one of the best things in the world, to be able to come to work every day and LOVE the job that you do is great.
this company was great once
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2017
My mom worked here for 20 years as an RN, it once was a great place to work. They don't pay well. Management micromanages you.
Pros
small community feel
Cons
benefits are terrible
Director of Medical Services (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 17, 2017
The work days are typical. You are required to take furlough days if you are a non-essential department. I enjoyed my co-workers. If you enjoy the Pacific Northwest, you will enjoy living and working here.
Excellant
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 1, 2017
Self awareness, discipline, sanitary procedures, customer service, guest relations. Provide patients with essentials and help with daily routines. Food, bathing, and transportation to other places in the hospital
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long 3rd shift hours
Great physicians, surgeons and co-workers but older hospital
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2017
This was a good place to work but an older, corporation ran hospital so needed equipment for OR's and certainly any decent raise was very difficult to obtain. Nice environment with a "working family" feel. It was nice as far as scheduling or unexpected needed time off, even leaving early if at all possible, was accommodated to meet the employee's needs if at all possible. Typical corporate run facility.
Pros
Excellent staff, hours, lower management
Cons
Bad upper management, low funding, older hospital, bad cafeteria
Nice work environment/very friendly staff
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for this Hospital and with my staff. I have always enjoyed working in the medical field. I enjoy the customer service side and getting to work with other and help people.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Think this hospital is out of business
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Loved working with the elderly Alzheimer patients.

Love helping others. Believe this hospital went out of business. Learned about caring for those with various diseases
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2017
I absolutely loved working at the Cardiovascular care center at Deaconess Hospital. The culture on the unit on night shift is spectacular I did not have a problem with a single person I encountered. Deaconess is where I started my nursing career and where I learned everything that I know. The management is very flexible with scheduling and benefits are great. It breaks my heart to leave, I made 23.50 and hour plus 2.30 night shift incentive and 1.00 shift differential.
Pros
Well staffed on nights
Cons
They take stroke overflow
Great physicians and Staff
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2017
Patients treated by outstanding Nurses and Doctors, however current parent company creating toxic work environment
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks
It has been a while since I worked there.
RN (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 13, 2017
It has been a while since I worked there. It was nice place to work in. Very busy and fast pace. Variety of things to do. I enjoyed working there. Managment was nice too.
Best job I've ever had
Admission Advocate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 7, 2016
I started working at Deaconess in 2014, the job was great and had amazing employees. Health benefits started right away, and I was able to get great FMLA benefits within a year. Unfortunately, I left to go somewhere else and ended up instantly regretting leaving. Deaconess is a great place to work
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Preferred hospital
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 6, 2016
Deaconess is a great organization built around providing excellent, quality patient care.
Management and co-workers are amazing and supportive. It is a very family oriented environment.
I highly recommend.Great benefits and perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deaconess Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.