Deaconess Hospital

Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews

Clerical Associate (Current Employee), Evansville, InJuly 17, 2015
Pros: insurance, great co-workers
Cons: Manager at present time doesn't follow through.
I have learned a lot on the Neuro ICU during my time at Deaconess Hospital. It has been a great place to work, it was like working with family.
Love this job!
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 15, 2015
Pros: THE KIDS!!
I love the interaction with the patients and their families. Flexible work schedule. No major holidays. Became CPR certified. Multiple specialties at the clinic. Dependable co workers.
Hospital
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good Hospital
Cons: non
I worked as a Unit Secretary and was responsible for making sure the Doctors orders were implemented. It is a good hospital.
Decent place to learn new things and further yourself in the field
CNA (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJune 1, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts, somewhat laid back
Cons: Staffing, unprofessional staff, higher ups generally unconcerned with the issues of those below them
In terms of the staffing, it is horrible. There are never enough nurses or cnas to complete all of the tasks thoroughly. Most are over worked and unhappy with their jobs. The pay isn't terrible, but the benefits aren't great. The nurses are often very unfriendly and unprofessional with the techs. Overall, each shift feels like a struggle to keep up and becomes very strenuous very quickly.
Hostile,stressful, and strenous would be the word coming to mind.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 13, 2015
Pros: Pleasant patients
Cons: poor work, professional enviroment
A typical day at work became extremely difficult with my co-workers, and newly hired office clinic manager. The hardest part of the job was to complete each task a different way for each co-worker that was a complete opposite way with my office manager. My co-workers made the workplace a complete hostile, depressing place to be. They both were unprofessional in their discussion of distaste of certain patients, firing patients and other co-workers. I found this office enviroment to be extremely disorganized, and stressful.
Enjoyable and educational
Video Production Intern (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 12, 2015
The staff was very friendly and not only did we get along well, but we worked great as a team. From the moment I arrived to work, I was given a task and I performed it using the program that was available.
Its kind of like a dysfunctional family
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: No benefits and rude coworkers
I liked working there at first but eventually the other employees began to treat me badly. Its not the managers fault, but I started to hate working there because of my coworkers.
I learned much from my co-workers
PC Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Freedom to solve issues as you see fit.
Cons: No job security
The best aspect of working at Deaconess is the fact that employees are respected enough create their own solutions. In a hospital environment there are countless systems one has to stay on top of. The team I worked with demonstrated excellent skills in managing a large scale Windows 7 deployment. The strategies we all developed within a serious time constraint worked perfectly. Interaction with the staff of each department was a breeze which made it easy to master the specialized software they all use and apply it to their new Windows 7 machines.
lots of opptunities
Medical Records/Switchboard/ Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: far drive
i enjoyed working at this hospital, i liked my co-workers, they had a really great cafateria, run smoothly as far as i knew.
Exciting and continuous growth
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 6, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: different work shifts
I graduated from Deaconess Hospital School of Nursing and I have worked at Deaconess most of my career. It is a great place to work at, always new opportunities.
Great people, poor work enviorment
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 2, 2015
Pros: excellent staff, quality care and good pay.
Cons: poor management, faulty equipment and poor staffing
As a whole, there are a lot of compassionate hard working individuals. But management needs some help. I also don't think the workers there are actually being listened to. They know about patient care the best and what needs to be done as far as changes but those changes have not happened thus far resulting in poor staffing, less time with patients and bad "grades" from the state. I am great full for the experience working there, but would I go back, not a chance.
The Staff is wonderful. The work environment is productive and enjoyable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane WashingtonMarch 25, 2015
I love my job at Deaconess. I feel like I make a contribution both to our patients and their families. I enjoy all of the staff and enjoy working with a great team.
Well organized, equipped, and staffed. The management was very structured and fair.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 23, 2015
Deaconess Hospital is a great organization to work for. It was a team oriented atmosphere that not only nurtured, but encouraged professional growth. There is a variety of opportunities for experience in the many flavors of healthcare from business to clinical to regulatory at more than one campus. The one complaint that comes to mind is that the hiring process is extremely slow.
Fun place to work and meet lots of new people
PC Support Tech (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 9, 2015
Deaconess Hospital was a good place to work. I enjoyed working there and you get to meet a lot of people from many different backgrounds.
productive and busy
Assist patients (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: management
Very busy and constantly on the phone, communication skills over the phone, lack of care for the employees from management. excellent coworker and teamwork. Hardest job is when a patient being ignored. helping other is always a good day.
This is a good company
Medical Assistant Float (Front Office) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2015
I did not like being a float. I like to be stationary at one office
Medical Claims Investigator
Medical Claims Investigator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Reviewing pending insurance claims, investigating information and resubmitting claims for payment. Answering incoming phone calls, and making outbound calls to customers.
Routine surgical duties
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 21, 2014
Pros: average work enviroment. 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts available
Cons: counter-productive human resources
Community hospital routine surgical duties. Covering all of RN call including thoracic surgeries.
Entire Hospital is under staffed
X-ray Tech (Former Employee), Oklahoma City,OkDecember 13, 2014
Pros: some employee discounts on their own healthcare
Cons: under staffed
Entire hospital is understaffed and needs more ancillary help like in-house transport and CNA's. Nurses and other professional workers spend to much time doing ancillary work like transporting patients. I find it difficult to get my work done for the lack of support staff. Also, the hospital always seems to be short of supplies.
The hospital has a lot of great professional people, but the work environment often feels rushed because staff shortages. I did not enjoy my work day.
They have what seems a lot of safety polices in place but it's all on paper. A lot of unnecessary paperwork that slows your real work down.
People were fun to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 14, 2014
The job consisted of order intake, insurance verification and copying charts. The job would have been great, but as with any job there are a few employees who use the system to get away with not working, such as an FMLA. This creates stress on the remaining employees

I don't think this problem is limited to Deaconess.

1 2 3 4 5