Deaconess Medical Center

Deaconess Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

after 8 years of working with Deaconess Medical Center, i still consider it my home.
high volume line cook (Former Employee), Spokane WADecember 12, 2014
Pros: advancement in the company beyond compare, they are willing to teach any one willing to learn.
Cons: conflicts with the union and company contracts, too much to keep up with
typical day at work - fast paced - no matter how slow, there's always something to do and every one is held accountable. makes the day go by fast and you leave feeling accomplished. i learned so much about different styles of cooking, with all the above to mention, and the supervisors and managers were always willing to teach any one willing to learn. 4 of our cooks were dishwashers at once - they had the want to be more and advance and they were given the chance to prove themselves. the hardest part of this job ~ keeping up is like a competition there. every one seems to challenge each other with whom can do more. which in the long run makes the enviorment playful,team worthy,family orientated,and in times of conflict, it's not personal - it's business. we hold each other to high standards. when the standards aren't being met - we've learned to call out when mistakes are made. less time in the bosses office and less reports to human resources. we handle the problem as it happens in the open, not later behind closed doors.
Good company
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati,ohioDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good benfits, great company
Cons: management not good with treating all employees equal.
I worked for the company of compass group for over 8 years, great company . was a culinary supervisor and I loved training and coaching the employees coming in. love the other contracted employees.
excellent place to be employed
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: lunch room food wasn't the best and very spendy for employees
Over all experience was good.
Many different departments to advance to.
Excellent training, overall good managers.
Nice clean friend work environment
The worst place I have ever worked
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
Deaconess is the worst place I have worked in my 30 year career as a professional IT person. No concern for patients, its only about money, money, money.
*Knee jerk management
*No job security
*Incompetence is rewarded and promoted.

Dont waste your life by taking a job here
I have worked most of my career at Deaconess.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Spokane, WAOctober 13, 2013
Employees are dedicated to their work.
I work in Radiology and Mammography.
Excellence in healthcare.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 11, 2013
Nursing stuff is striving to bring the best care possible to their patients. Great teachers and nurses to get example from.
okay
dietary aid (Former Employee), spokane waJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: bad schedule
I got to work and prepped for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Put meal trays together and/ delivered them to the patients. At the end of the night we cleaned up. I worked really well with my co-workers, best place to work for when we all got along so great. Hardest part of the job was the schedule, hardly any weekends off, therefore no life.
I worked for BCC in Oregon and Idano
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Billings, MTDecember 7, 2012
Pros: a great learning experience for computers and insurance
Cons: i cannot think of anything that i did not enjoy at boise cascade corp
I begain in the computer department and also worked with the insurance company processing claims. That was the first time I had ever done any work in insurance so all of that was a great deal of value in other areas of my life as I went on to work more in the insurance industry for many years. The people were great to work with; the pay and benefits were excellent.
work hard for little pay
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 12, 2012
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: sometimes no breaks, pay not that good
is fast pace. have different jobs in dept, starting off day early in morning to get breakfast to patients, have only hour to get everyone in hospital fed. So it does start very early. every one works hard to get everything done only thing with staff is short you have to double up on work to get done. Management some times help but most of the time is never around. When in dietary for any hospital the job is at fast pace and very hard. The only time I really enjoyed the job is when I got to take orders from the patients themselves. Got to meet alot of different people.
Fully enjoyed the people I worked with and would work with them again.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 14, 2012
This was the first hospital I have worked for. My department was a very smooth running operation once we had our patients checked in. Since this was a melding of three organizations, (Deaconess, Rockwood, and Inland Cardiology) the patient workflow was at times slow. This taken into account, we provided the highest level of patient care we could and made the best of a system not yet working smoothly. At no time did we ever have a patient that felt they were on a production line.
Loved to work there
Dietary Retail Manager (Former Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 17, 2012
Pros: able to manage my own time, great teamwork
Cons: not enough business to keep me employed
Worked here for 12+ years, loved almost every minute of it. Started from an entry level position and worked my way all the way up to management. As a manager I was in charge of the front of the house operations, Cafe, Deli, Barista, Catering. The staff were amazing and I enjoyed going too work every day.
Excellent place to learn with great instructors
Echocardiography Intern (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 31, 2012
Typical day started at 0730. Patients for the day were listed on a board and I was given three patients to start the morning off. By week three, I was completing my own exams and calling the instructors only when I needed help getting a difficult image or just to make sure I acquired all the necessary images in a difficult case. The exams ranged from regular echocardiograms to TEEs to OR echocardiograms. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and learning a great deal from them. I learned how to time manage an exam as well as how to meet and interact with patients.
I enjoyed to work with the computer and papers during my internship!
outpatient and inpatient coder (Former Employee), Department of Health Information.January 17, 2012
Pros: the cafeteria is close to my work, so i saved the time to have a lunch.
Cons: i didn't use my brakes sometimes.
I enjoyed to work with professional people, who are nice and friendly, I worked i n many areas that were interestinf to me, and I learned a lot. My instructions were complete enough for me to be able to perform the assigned taskes, and I felt free to ask questions. The clinical experience was valuable to my learning. I felt personally welcomed in the department, and was informed of my progress regularly.