Dealer Specialties Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Don’t work there
Rusty Wallace (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 28, 2017
Don’t work there they have no respect for any workers but only for the management. They are not good to the customers also way to much for the prices
Pros
None really
Cons
Bad management
It's a good job for a college student
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 6, 2017
The hours are flexible but the company hours are from 9am-8pm est. If you gotta an issue then you better call in the morning because the afternoon staff is super slow and not very helpful. NO ladder to climb, manager is pretty much set.
Pros
Work on your own time!
Cons
The DS call center!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Entry of Vehicle information (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 19, 2017
Non stop working, on your feet all day winder spring summer fall taking photos of vehicles inside and out.
working with a group and team of people at different car dealerships.
Pros
Good work scheduled
Cons
Working in bad weather
Dont work here.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  FLApril 4, 2017
Dealer Specialties is the worst company I have ever worked for. Its extremely low pay with no room for advancement. My management team was extremely unprofessional. The job itself is a joke. You take pictures of cars all day and are paid by the car. You also do ALOT of driving. The people you interact with at the car dealerships can be unreasonable. If you are lucky enough to get a company car it will most likely be very high mileage. You are expected to work 6 days a week sometimes. There is very high turnover. Do yourself a favor and stay away!
Pros
None.
Cons
Job for single person or no ties to family
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 21, 2017
All i can say it was a cash cow job, for the california market. Upper management or higher up dont respect workers or considerate. Veteran employees or field reps some are cool and nice others douche bags complain get no stipend or incentive for training new hires. Dealerships can be friendly or not, still scumbags work there. No interpersonal relations with people. Alot of heat or criticism for your photo work. Meetings a joke.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
Harsh criticism, dealerships suck, fellow employees veterans terrotorial or can be nice
Self pace
Regional Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 20, 2017
Work at your own pace. Be aware of the dealership personnel as you visit. Must stay organized. Freedom is the biggest bonus.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Subject to rapid change
Management wants you to succeed.
Columbus, Ohio Photo/Data Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Never before have I had a job where everyone helps each other so much. Even though typically you work by yourself all you had to do was reach out to a co worker or manager and whatever help you needed was on its way. The company really cares about their employees from the perks packages to the tuition assistance even if it didn't pertain to your current job title. There's something to be said about a company who will financially back you to get a degree not pertaining to your current employment with them.
Much freedom, management out of touch
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXAugust 30, 2016
Typically spend 90% of my day outside on a dealership lot so I got used to working in heat and cold. I learned how to properly manage inventory and marking strategies.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay is not great, hard to move up in company
Nightmare Company - Save Yourself The Headache
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  United States of AmericaMay 31, 2016
Upper management is completely out of touch with what is going on within the company. The pay structure for the field reps and market managers worked 20 years ago when there was no competition and Dealer Specialties was the only game in town. When I had to take a leave of absence due to a family medical issue, my boss called me everyday and pressured me to come back to work. I never took a vacation in which I did not work or field calls approximately 2-3 days out of my 5 vacation days. This was mainly due to the fact that upper management had absolutely no idea how to do my job. I was FORCED to fire reps for issues with accounts that were by no means the rep's fault. I was not allowed to give raises to field reps that unequivocally deserved it. If we had enough vehicles, they were clearly unsafe and on average had 150,000 miles on them and constantly broke down. Upper management is unwilling to apply any forward thinking towards increasing the morale of its employees and/or to do what is necessary to at least match what the competition is doing in regards to service. Dealer Specialties will continue to hemorrhage accounts because of this which in turn ultimately hurts the people out in the field who are supposedly the "foundation of the company". If you decide to work for Dominion Dealer Specialties after reading this, do not bother going to Dominion HR with any grievances or any concerns of illegal practices that occur to you during your tenure. You will always be treated and regarded as a peon no matter how hard you work, no matter how many hours you put in, no matter how  more... infrequently you see your family due to long hours, no matter how much pride you take in the job, and no matter how much you dedicate yourself to the company.  less
Pros
I don't have to work 65+ hours a week while getting paid poorly for 40.
Cons
Company is being trounced by the competition due to leadership's ineptitude, hard work is unappreciated.
Dealer Specialties provides auto dealers nationwide with a comprehensive suite of inventory Management solutions, websites, Internet marketing tools a
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 18, 2015
• Involved in Analysis, Design and Implementation.
• Experience converting website into MVC - Model View Controller framework
wonderful independant job with terrible, dishonorable ownership
Field technician (Former Employee) –  osseo, ,mnSeptember 13, 2015
wake up and get to my first stop by 8 30.
get all the work done and move to the next stop.
no set end time work day is done when work is completed or picture quality is compromised.
small business with a very disrespectful money hungry owner. too micromanaged.
took an approved leave of absence and was terminated the day i went on leave, the owner tweaks emails and makes me take his word on the L.O.A, end up being out of a job and conned out of unemployment to pay my bills.
Pros
independence
Cons
lack of honor and respect on the management/ ownership level
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2015
I would go to all the car dealerships in the Chattanooga area. I would meet with all the managers. I would focus most of my training on the internet department on our tools. I really enjoyed all the new relationships I built, and also being the expert for the dealers on how to market themselves.
Pros
Some Flexibility, Learning new Products
Cons
The business was not large enough to keep me busy. They also didn't Pay me what we agreed upon
Laid back and fun place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2015
A typical day at work involved a decent amount of travel and a lot of time spent walking outside. I learned how to set my own schedule, maintain positive working relationships with customers, coordinate schedules and work interactively with co-workers, and keep up with dealer inventories using our online back-end tool. Management is constantly looking to improve and expand, but results are limited to the number of car dealerships in the area needing an outside inventory management solution. Co-workers for the most part were hard-working and driven individuals. The hardest part of the job would be working in the elements with summer being extremely hot in Texas. This leads to difficult working conditions when you are constantly getting in and out of extremely hot vehicles. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom I had to set my own schedule, work the hours I needed to, and make as much money as I wanted (to a certain degree).
Pros
The ability to set and work your own hours
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement, low pay rate
Account rep.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  here in was the home office was in flordiaSeptember 10, 2014
Driving to car dealership in tacoma and three other county, walking their lot and placing all the inventory on to a laptop and collecting all the data of the cars and truck and taking photo of them and uploading everything into the internet, in to their web site and Auto trader .com. them Making label to place on there cars and trucks with all the information on it and placing on to the window.

learned . computer upload photos.
i was a self started from my home in a company van and went to work and came home and finish my work for the day

there was not one thing but putting up with the rain and the use of a laptop in the rain.

enjoyable everything on this job i wish they never shut that department down.
Pros
had use of company van
Cons
N/a
Good employment for a single individual or as a second income in a household
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2014
This job is photographing vehicles for dealerships and uploading them on a back end website to be pushed out to the dealer websites.

Once you go through training you are provided a laptop and printer as well as materials needed. You work from your vehicle and should consider yourself a franchise with in a franchise. Kind of your own boss, but you do have managers that are there to help and provide extra material when needed.

You will work out side all of the time in all weather. If it rains all day you miss out and may have to work weekends to make up revenue and your pay unless your client has an inside photo booth

You work at your own pace with minimal management but do have to meet a weekly revenue goal. It is a straight commission job after training. So you have to hustle to make make money.

Even though you are straight commission you are a W-2 employee and receive full benefits if you choose.
Pros
Minimal management, Work at your own pace, Full benefits, Straight commission, Outdoors
Cons
Straight commission, Outdoors
Take photos of new and used cars
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort worth and decatur, TXJune 20, 2014
Take photos of new and used cars for dealership. Upload all photos to the dealerships websites. Place vehicle equipment list in the windshield of used cars.
Its ok, management has serious pride issues
photo rep (Former Employee) –  ohioJune 19, 2014
Ok place to work, great on actually getting time back in your life. The pay is ok, training is easy not as near hard as management tries to make it. Cant trust your co-workers they will throw you under the bus. Management does not care about employers if its a problem they dont back up the team.
Pros
no weekends/ extra time
Cons
management sucks/ ok pay
Nice environment
Search Engine Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHApril 3, 2014
Management cared about employees. Really liked all my co-workers. Enjoyed conventions to learn more about Search Engine Marketing.
Great boss but the growth is limited and the future is dim
Dealer rep. (Current Employee) –  Alexandria,woodbridgeNovember 12, 2013
My typical day is taking pictures of cars and maintaining vehicle inventory. I work by myself but I do interact with a lot of people in the accounts that I maintain. Customer service is a huge part of the job also. I really enjoy my boss and I also like the fact that I stay busy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the weather because when it rains I cant work and also there is really no way to grow my career.
Pros
Dealing with customers what you put into the job is what you get out of it
Cons
No growth
Not a good place to work
Dealership Tech (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNMay 24, 2013
No advancement and money is taken from your "budget" when you do not get to see the "budget".