Dealer Tire Employee Reviews in United States

Manager was a jerk
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2016
WORSE JOB EVER!!!!!!!! All the manager did was yell and complain. Worked 13 to 14 hours a day, it was impossible to get the deliverys done on time!
A great company if you're from Cleveland
SAM (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 10, 2016
This is a great company with great morals. I am proud to work for this company but all roads leads to Cleveland. If you are from that area in the country, this would be a great job for you.
Pros
Cons
Cleveland
Very fast paced company
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH - CorporateFebruary 24, 2016
Depending on what position and department you work in, you can have a carefree day, or a non-stop busy stress filled day (like myself). I worked at corporate and ultimately the ever increasing work load and last minute asap items thrown at me forced me to make a decision that I can no longer sacrifice myself for Dealer Tire. If you can handle these things well, you might succeed. I just know in the end my health and well-being are much more important than a paycheck.
Pros
Nice office environment
Cons
Seeing lazy people stand around the majority of the day while I was non-stop working, some days barely enough time to eat lunch at my desk, no work/life balance, favoritism, located in downtown Cleveland (traffic is a nightmare!!)
Fast growing Company
Strategic Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Fast growing Company, daily changes and opportunity. A great company to work with, Your voice matters and its a great to be if you want to effect change.
it's ok for $13 a hr
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Clock in. Pull Orders. Help everyone. Load your truck. Deliver. Come back. Pull more orders. Help everyone. The staff is ok. The job is easy. The biggest raise you get is 10 cents a year and you starts at $12.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
No promotions
fun
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Great place to work and great people....everyone is willing to help...culture is team work and training is great
management really cares and wants you to successed
Pros
benefits, and job
Cons
hard to learn at first
Productive and easy going workplace with friendly co-workers
Warehouse associate/Driver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIDecember 28, 2015
arrived at work at 8:30 a.m performed pre-trip of vehicle, helped with picking batches of orders, then held group safety meetings with warehouse manage, then loaded delivery trucks with orders to be delivered to dealerships. The co-workers were great people to work with, we all got along well, and we helped one another whenever possible. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the deliveries on time, because sometimes there would be construction or traffic jams, or accidents. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a bonus at the end of each month, because our hard work, commitment, and safety was recognized by the company.
Pros
Breakroom with tv, work-life balance
working
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Enjoyed this place, and very helpful employees.
MUST work here
co workers are willing to help. liked the training and the way you are treated as an employee instead of a number
Pros
great pay
Cons
some managers are micro managers
do not know how to run a business!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 1, 2015
decent job for decent pay, but the management has no idea how to run a warehouse! no respect for personal lives of employees nor their commitments outside of work. favoritism runs wild!!
The associates are great to work with at Dealer Tire
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2015
We really have a great group of talented associates working at Dealer Tire. They are all willing to help one another with anything needed.
very fast pace and physically demanding
Team Lead Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 9, 2015
very fast pace and physically demanding. Must stay until work is complete. good benefits are available 401k with match and vacation
not the place for a family man
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 2, 2015
company was to strict with time budgeted. did not take into account accidents, traffic, slow responses from customers. would start early at times and demanded overtime whenever they needed it. not the place for anyone who has a family and is not in a mangagement slot.
Cons
you never knew when you were going to break.
Account Managers will be micro-managed! Lots of travel on your time!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 9, 2015
You'll see positive reviews from the corporate clan in Cleveland. But beware if you're going to be working as an outside account manager.

I lived in Texas and covered most of southern Texas and Louisiana. I had over 40 dealers I handled from New Orleans to San Antonio. They expect you to spend 60% face-time in your dealers, submit a daily detailed report, and travel from account to account. Hardly anytime to do all of this in just a day. Expect to spend 10-12 hours a day completing everything required of you. Almost no work-life balance with these guys and they will tell you this isn't a 40 hour work week position.

The worst part? Imagine hitting all of your sales goals over 100%, developing relationships at all your dealers, working with all your OEM reps, and traveling an average of 2000 miles a month to cover a territory. You'd think this would make them happy? No! They will pull reports and point out ridiculous "KPI's (key performance indicators)" they want to measure you on. How many GM's did you visit? How many business plans did you present this quarter? Did you do a target activity review of every account? These are a few of the ridiculous, time consuming and in many cases, unnecessary reports you must do. You'd think hitting your goals and delivering results would be good enough. After all, they deposit money in the bank, not how many GM contacts you had, right?

And don't expect to just check a box on your daily report. You have to copy everyone on your email at the end of the day. You have to go into detail of what you talked about, what products you discussed,
  more... what programs you went over, who you visited with, what was the results, how is it going to impact the dealer, what are the next steps, who will be accountable for implementation...blah, blah, blah. You then have to copy about 10 people on the detailed daily report. It will go to your direct manager, his manager, your inside sales partner, the parts and service managers at the dealership, the fixed operations manager, the GM at the dealership, the OEM rep that covers that dealership and sometimes even people you've never met or worked with like regional people at whatever company they are trying to impress. If not, they will fire you over this "KPI" you didn't do. I'm proof of that.

The starting pay is 60K a year....I got no raises in the 3 years I was there. If you decide to work here, be sure you get the money you want up front. You do get monthly commissions but where they pull the numbers you're supposed to hit is sometimes a joke. You'd think increasing your sales by 20% year over year would be outstanding right? Especially in an industry that grow by 5-6 percent at the most year after year. Nope! They only tell you by quarter what your sales goal is. If you have an outstanding sales quarter at hit 105% you'll make commissions of about 6K for that quarter. Not bad right? Well, expect them to adjust the next quarter to keep your commissions at $0 to even it out a bit. It happens all the time to everybody.

You never know what your yearly number is to hit. At the beginning of every year they bring in everyone for a dog and pony show and explain where we are going with our new "XYZ" sales approach. They will have a number that is usually 15%-20 growth. You'd think with this they'd have it broke down to every car line, division, territory and account manager so everyone knew what their individual goal was, right? Nope!

As I said before it's rolled out quarterly and fluctuates however necessary so nobody gets too big an advantage. A lot of politics too. It's about who you know and can win over than your sales results. I hit 100% for over 3 years combined but I wasn't a valued asset because I didn't check boxes next to a GM's name on my daily call sheet. It's their way of getting rid of people who they feel get the job done but don't conform to their micro-managed style of managing. Imagine getting rid of someone who did their job, delivered results, had dealers praise their consultative approach, yet was let go because out of 45 dealers, I didn't have a GM contact at 16 of them? By the way, all 16 of those locations had very happy parts, service and sometime fixed ops managers that were very happy with my work there and a GM relationship was not needed nor required to get the goal done. That's a fact!!!
Pros
company car, insurance, monthly commissions
Cons
excessive daily reporting, micro-managed, poor management
nice fast-past enviornment
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncFebruary 3, 2015
plane and simple work environment fast past easy to work around great experience over all it was a good learning tool in my career.
Pros
on time lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
motivated fast paced all for one attitude
WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD / DRIVER (Former Employee) –  levittown paJuly 10, 2014
picked orders to be shipped for all routes
teamwork is crucial in all aspects
personable passionate strong and caring
hard working all as one mentality
constant work flow no time for a break or lunch
my co workers
Pros
excellent head manager
Cons
no lunch break
hard work, long hours
Warehouse associate, Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAJune 6, 2014
Picking up order of tires to load the in the truck to delivery them, learned about tire, coworkers did their job with the write motivation, hardest part of the day, finding tires to be loaded in the truck for delivery, most enjoyable part of the day, to be on the road driving
Pros
free pizza when we reached our monthly goal
N/a
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2014
Good company. Moving up is hard in some areas. Don't count on liking everyone here
Driven company
Maintenance Care Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2014
This company is growing by leaps and bounds. It prides itself on maintaining a small-cap fee and operation, but it is definitely not a small company. This is leading to some tension in the company.

For employees working at the home office, the environment is casual, collaborative, energized, and personable.

For field travelers, the experience is very different. Depending on your supervisor, certain rules apply or don't. The message to the field is "sales, sales, sales." Nothing is more important. However, job performance and personnel reviews are not based primarily on sales performance, but rather a supervisor's interpretation of other, minor job functions.

The company talks about how work/life balance is very important to them, and proves it to the people in the home office. But based on the increasing work load for field staff and the explicit expectations therein, it is near impossible for all but a few with small territories to have a legit balance in life.
Pros
very good pay (for performers), "open book" culture
Cons
mediocre pay (for those with tough territories), politics, autonomy of supervisors to selectively enforce rules, work/life balance
Enriching work experience where personal develop is a priority.
REGIONAL TIRE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 28, 2014
Dealer Tire is a great employer, caring deeply for the personal growth and development of their associates without losing focus on the needs of their clients, and their mission.
Pros
learning opportunities and association with case western reserve university.
Nice work place with great people
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 12, 2013
It was a fast paced job putting tires in stock. I learned about tires, the managers was awesome because we never had to buy lunch if we didn't bring our own. A few of my co-workers I already knew from a previous job. The hardest part was taking the bigger tires from the top shelf loading them on my cherry picker and, putting them in different locations. The most enjoyable part was being around nice people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heat