Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible culture and management
QA Engineer/Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Management is horrendous. They have no clue what they are doing. Lots of acquisitions, layoffs, and firing left and right for no good reason. If the boss doesn't like you for any reason, they'll fire you even if you do an excellent job and deliver quality work and get along with your team. Don't ever speak up or out unless you want to be terminated immediately.
good place to work
Facilities Manager (Subcontractor) (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Good place to work. Excellent benefits. Has been through some tough times recently due to some consolidation but will pull out of it a stronger company.
Professional with relaxed attitude
Sr Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
My time at Dealertrack has been an enjoyable experience. My immediate managers have been supportive and been my champions in propelling my career to where I am now. This has been my work family for over three years, truly a warm and social group that epitomizes teamwork in every way. I've learned to expect more from myself and those I work with, as we all do a better job when those we respect know that we are capable.
Pros
Generous amount of paid time off; supportive management team
Cons
training programs are lacking, leaving most for team members to facilitate
Once was a great company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  North Hills, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Once Cox Automotive took over, not such a nice place to work. Stressful since they keep laying off people and who know why they let go some and keep others.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
they keep laying people off!
productive open space
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2017
a very steady pace environment with friendly but suffient management . the work can be very draining with the muiltuple duties and changes. but the management tries to help ease the stress. the pay just didn't equal the work load at times.
Pros
the poeple
Cons
the pay for mui;t and very duties
Creepy boss
TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2017
Dealertrack was a great place to work but I had a very creepy boss who made me extremely uncomfortable - very flirty. I began looking for job within 3 months of working there.
Pros
Relaxed culture, great people
Cons
Poor management
Good place to work, absolutely no job advancement
Work horse (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTJuly 28, 2017
Working here has been an absolute roller coaster. One minute you’re being praised the next you’re being insulted. Trying to advance in this company is near impossible, really the only way to move up is the good ol boys club or nepotism. When you work hard, you might get a thank you, but most of the time it goes un noticed. Upper management will offer volunteer opportunities to get your hopes up, when you deliver on those, you get no credit or recognition and you’re also left in the dark. Courtesy interviews are a common occurrence and you’re never given the opportunity to truly shine and show your skills. The plus side of working here is decent pay, good exposure to different career possibilities if you’re not sure what you want to do in life.
Pros
Healthcare, decent pay, relaxed environment
Cons
No career growth, no recognition, lack of discipline from management
Best place to work in LI
Director of External Communications (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 25, 2017
One of the few large companies left in Long Island. Great industry, new HQ with major investment in its people and culture. Opportunities for advancement if you are collaborative, smart and hard working.
Fun very productive
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2017
It's a really relaxing workplace air conditioning building wear you can wear what you want just make sure it's respectful an appropriate fun place to work an meet new people
Blah
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
Solutions were great for a while until they bought Dealer.com and told everyone that the software would talk to one another. That never happened and alot of clients suffered from that.
had nice updated break room with ping pong play area
Registration and Title Services Admin (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2017
Its a good company to work for until they merged with Cox Automotive and they decided to downgrade with pay and other material stuff.
management changed and some of them were not familiar with the work we were doing so it became hard to work with them.
Pros
free parking
Cons
congested work area. heavy work load
Escalation/ Acct Manager (Former Employee) –  Jordan, UTJuly 10, 2017
great place to work. Great people, great culture awesome environment. great place to work. The company is growing rapidly and is becoming a huge factor in the dealership world
Pros
great place to work
Cons
great place to work
Not a Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 5, 2017
Most senior manager not suited for the position; it was inherited. Previous company, Casey & Casey, was sold to Dealertrack. Company suffers because of very poor leadership.
Now part of a much larger organization
Marketing Manager/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2017
Dealertrack used to be known as the pinnacle for all technology solutions in the automotive sector. They are now part of the world's largest conglomerate for all aspects of buying, selling, and owning vehicles.
Don't care about their employees
Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
They don't care about their employees and denied giving me any verification of my past employment with them after 6 years of being with the company. Their HR department and Management are unorganized and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
team bonding not allowed. no employees appreciation.
Easy job great working atmosphere
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2017
Easy job great working atmosphere can become boring , but overall loved working this job would return anytime. Process paperwork you can learn the job in one night.
Pros
Easy job great working atmosphere
Cons
the shift hours
Great environment.
Sr. Document Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 6, 2017
Great environment with great leadership. The most enjoyable part about the job was team work. Seems like everybody there is about it. From the upper management to my fellow employees, i enjoyed it much.
Growing Company
Product Manager, Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 3, 2017
It has been a great place to work. Benefits are subpar here in Utah; however, overall, it is a great place. We are experiencing a lot of changes in management, so I hope to continue to see positive changes.
Pros
Part of Cox Automotive so lots of different opportunities
Cons
Healthcare is a global plan so is not as good in some areas.
nice people productive atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2017
Everyone is very kind and understanding, trainers are good at their job, team building atmosphere. fun events held every once in a while. thats all i have to say
Pros
lots of events
Cons
pay was low
Sucks since Cox took over
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMay 4, 2017
Dealertrack used to be a great place to work. But ever since Cox acquired us, it's been all downhill. Previous Senior Mgmt from Dealertrack have forgotten all about us and have gone on to take bigger jobs at corporate. Now we have Vin Solutions mgmt taking over and micromanaging everything. We are no longer empowered to do anything on our own. When the GM comes thru the office, it's an event. She stops to shake hands like she's the president. This was never the culture of old Dealertrack. Sad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. Reviews by Location