The essential responsibilities of the Lead Quality Assurance Analyst are to conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. Works with the Manager to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications. Evaluates and tests new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
- Lead multiple software projects (2 – 3) in coordination with the QA Manager and relevant Project Team(s)
- Contribute to the Functional Specification creation and verify that the Functional specification provide adequate amount of information to develop Test Plan and detailed Test Scenarios/Test Cases with clearly defined test objectives
- Develop test plan and test approach. Review and approve test cases criteria to ensure efficient, sufficient, and accurate testing coverage of the application
- Provide breakdown of QA tasks and time estimates for project planning
- Execute detailed test cases; performs complex manual, integration, and regression tests
- Compile, analyze, and report test metrics to a project team. Report, track, and monitor defects in the defect tracking system. Communicate effectively and proactively with business team, developers, and Project Managers to resolve issues and follow-up on progress
- Provide regular and timely status updates to QA Manager. Immediately notifies QA Manager of a change in development/testing scope or delay that will impact schedule
- Assist fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process
- Determine when additional initiative is required to meet scheduled work and undertake it
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 to 7 years related experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with QC or Qmetry is required
- RobotFramework experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical associates
- Proficient knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, Lotus Notes, Quality Center, etc.), operating systems, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge.
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
- Commitment to meeting testing deadlines
- Agile Scrum methodology
Indeed - 18 months ago
Established in 2001, Dealertrack provides web-based software solutions and services to enhance efficiency and profitability for all major...