The essential responsibilities of the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst are to conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers. Works with the Manager to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications; Evaluates and tests new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts.
- Documents software issues and enhancement requests and assists development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problem.
- Verifies resolved Change Requests and maintains accurate status for Change Requests entered in each project.
- Assists fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process.
- Works closely with high performance team throughout the development life cycle to ensure clarity of business/functional requirements and effectively deal with issues as they arise.
- Contributes towards QA estimation and scheduling process.
- Ensures all software products meet the highest quality possible by following industry recognized QA methodologies and best practices.
- Acts as QA Lead on small initiatives. Monitors progress against schedule.
- Works with the manager to schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Agile scrum methodology
- Quality Center or Qmetry experience is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical associates
- Proficient knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i..e., MS Word, MS Excel, Lotus Notes, Quality Center, etc.), operating systems, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge.
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
- Commitment to meeting testing deadlines
Indeed - 16 months ago
Established in 2001, Dealertrack provides web-based software solutions and services to enhance efficiency and profitability for all major...