Dealertrack Employee Reviews in United States

Key Account Manager/Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
Very good environment and the management team is excellent! Very laid back and relaxed environment! You have to be more self sufficient because there is not a lot of training but the company as a hold is very patient!
Terrible work place.
Pre scanner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2016
I am currently working at Dealertrack, and TRUST ME when I say this: Dealertrack in Memphis, TN is horrible! The management can not be taken seriously. You can explain your problems to them repetitively, and they will NOT do anything to try to solve them. The supervisors and leads are messy and unprofessional. They create personal relationships with employees that work under them and only attend to their needs. There are NO equal opportunities. You can work your butt off for them and will not get recognized for the hard work. There are a lot of changes that need to be made- starting with finding new management. I feel like we are also underpaid. We work way too hard for the little money we make. We don't get served any breakfast or lunch, but they expect for us to work for 12+ hours. Sometimes they even make us stay longer than 14 hours. It's ridiculous that we only have ONE 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch break.. ONLY 30 minutes! They treat us like slaves. I do not recommend this particular job to ANYONE; especially if you have children because they expect for you to spend most of your time at work.
Productive and fun/laid back work environment.
Service Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OhJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed the job and wanted to advance through the company, however, when my hours were cut in half I had to go elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Very messy and terrible leadership
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2016
since we have HR in the building and our new promoted supervisor that it has been better. The leads are very terrible and how do they go by picking such non motivators. They are very rude and date employees on the floor and let it be known. You are not suppose to wear your attitude but our leads do. The leads do not communicate with each other instead they talk about each other and the employees hear it, how professional is that! They are always gossiping and talking negative about others but they are suppose to be leaders. How come management is more messy than the people on the floor. Then they want to put on a front when clients come around. I say demote the old leads and promote more positive leaders.
Pros
Great Supervisor and HR and overtime
Cons
Terrible unprofessional rude leaders
It was a pretty cool place to work.
Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
It was an easy job never some place I could see myself working again management showed favoritism that would be my only problem.
Pros
I worked with family
Cons
The management was horrible the staff was just the same.
Repetitive Work
Title Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 4, 2016
I worked in the Title Vault. The work is very repetitive. You are judged by your quota and your status (temp or permanent) is also based on your work performance. I have come across other workers in DealertTack who have different positions who also say their job is repetitive. It seems like for most of the positions the pay rate is the same. I feel like I am in high school sometimes working there because there does seem to be cliques and inappropriate language and behavior like flirting (if you're married you shouldn't be flirting!).
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Work performance based on quota
simple
Client Service/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 15, 2016
Productive and fun team work very supportive staff fair good place to work very friendly place very good hours good pay job security
Acquired by Cox Communications in 2015
Implementation Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2016
I loved working at Dealertrack. However, there have been significant changes since they were acquired by Cox Communications last year. Recent re-structuring has lead to unnecessary loss of talented team members.
Stay at home job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 5, 2016
This job was great. A stay at home job, wonderful if you can manage your time well. So not a problem with me.
Working with many chats at a time could be a bit much. But when you got use to it; well not bad at all and helped with feeling proud of a job well done.
Pros
work from home
Cons
amount of chats per person
Lots of changes, but not bad
Performance Advisor, CRM (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2016
You will need to look at Cox Automotive now. They are making new plans after buying Dealertrack Q3 2015.
There are a lot of divisions and plenty of opportunity. Pay seems to be pretty good but it is based on your ability to negotiate.
Pros
Good work/life balance, nice 401K match
Cons
Need to get settled on their future, but it will take time
Great!
Service Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 9, 2016
I would recommend anyone to work for this company! It has a great atmosphere with amazing job advantages! You get amazing benefits with working with this company and they work with you to make sure you enjoy your job and relocate you to fit your personality with your position!
Good, but has lost its way a bit
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 8, 2016
All the stories about Dealer.com are true... or shall I say WERE true. The company is slowly losing its culture as the corporate tentacles of Dealertrak and now Cox Automotive wrap it up. There are still a few parties, but not nearly as many as there used to be, and innovation is at a near standstill.

Ultimately, Dealer.com is still a great place to work for, but expect more of a corporate feel than you may read online.
Pros
Subsidized cafes, a few parties a year, good pay, nice bonuses
Cons
Upper management is out of touch with their departments, little room for advancement, stagnant technology
Over worked, under paid, rude clique environment
Registration Administrator (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 6, 2016
Terrible place to work unless you kiss butt & brown nose management. It seemed as if you kept to yourself & didn't try to do anything but work, you were an outcast. They're rude to customers & far too cocky.
a joke from the start
customer service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 24, 2015
worked in customer service finely, worked as a temp for two years before in the warehouse doing data scanning and various other jobs. The job was starting new from a buyout of a previous company. They keep buying out companies that do what they do but then do not know how to do the job of the company they bought. They wanted the old people to train us before they lost their job. This did not happen as the old employees had nothing to gain by training people to do what they were being put out of work doing. So learning from them did not happen. The IT department did not know how to set up things and everything had to be approved from NY. We were not in NY and it made no sense to anyone that we would sit for days with computer problems waiting on answers when they have a fully staffed IT dept in Ohio. Then the woman they brought from one of the companies they bought in to train us was more interested in finding a man than training people on how to do the job. She did not even live in the area, she moved about 50 miles away to a larger town as our town had nothing of interest to her and she would go on about that. The supervisor we had would pull you in the office to yell that things were not going like they were supposed to but you were not allowed to show any emotion on your face over frustration as other employees that were not part of the new team would know there were problems. You sat day in and day out waiting to learn the job. Finely I was fired because I
did not look happy".. It has not been any better from what I hear from others that walked out or were fired. They
  more... had no clue what to do to cause being fired as they were just called in office and let go. It was a frustrating place for many and all. Some of the people were told that they would become "leads" and gain extra hourly rate for that "leadership position". That never happened to the ones told this they said. So they have worked for almost two years with these promises.  less
Pros
nice break rooms, . Yes "rooms", as they have one for the warehouse people, and one for the office, and management, People know their place from day one, it is made very noticeable that warehouse staff, and office staff are not equal.
Cons
everything is a con, . Management is rude, and the woman at the top, will chew you up and spit you out, and do it in front of others and never look back
fun workplace
Administrative Specialist/Finance (Former Employee) –  Voorheesville, NYOctober 24, 2013
Working at dealertrack was a great experience, fun but very busy workplace.
great fun, you ng company
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 12, 2013
Typically busy all day, fun staff and management locally. Alot of growth currently and the Utah staff are some amazing fun people making the busy stressful days that much easier
Professionalism and other challenges
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMarch 9, 2013
This organization does not keep to it's appointments. It also appears to be very disorganized. Professionalism is consistently a question mark.
It's a place that I wouldn't want to work at again if I was asked to come back
Document Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2012
A typical at work would be constantly working and they're really strict about our bathroom breaks, I learned that everyone that present themselves to you is not who they really are. For an example, personally I thought that my supervisor was really unprofessional, he only favors his favorites, treated everyone differently when all of us are supposed to be treated the same. Hardest part of the work that I experience was being perfect. Everyone is not perfect, everyone make mistakes; but at this job environment our supervisor expects us to be perfect and mistake free. Besides the supervisor being unprofessional. I really enjoy working with my co-workers, they were like my sisters and brothers to me.
Cons
supervisor was really unprofessional.
Busy call-center with relaxed work atmosphere
Senior Client Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 24, 2012
A typical day at work included answering 30-45 calls from clients needing hardware or software support.

Department management is lenient but very fair.

Co-workers mesh well and share knowledge freely. They often meet outside of the company for personal get-togethers.

I learned nine software product suites including troubleshooting the software and hardware/printer issues that arose during the use of those suites. The hardest part of the job is learning DMV procedures for nine different states. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing, every day, the people with whom you get along and with whom you have fun either at work or outside.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, paid training, excellent benefits
Cons
corporate culture, including newspeak terminology, instituted after buy-out
Productive fun place to work
Prescanner/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2012
Filing and data entry. I learned how to process store approved auto loans. Management was fair and my co workers were great.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
extended temporary assignment