Dealertrack Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for!!!!!
Corporate Account Manager (Larry H. Miller Group) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2017
Dealertrack was a great company to work for. They were however; purchased by Cox Automotive. I have never worked for Cox, so I would not be able to write a review of that company.
Pros
Great company!!!
Cons
Acquired by another company.
It could be better
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (CONTRACT) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OH 45177April 25, 2017
It could be better, the management is iffy sometimes and the people are rude and disrespectful. The most fun I have is break, I wish they would treat their employees like humans not roberts
Not a company worth staying long term
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYApril 10, 2017
This company is okay, and I do literally mean just okay. They have nice benefits but the management is extremely horrible. Constantly changing things within the office and they never work out. Only people who are favored by the leads gets to advance up to higher positions. You do a lot of work and overtime for very little pay. The coworkers, leads, and supervisors are very unprofessional and talk badly about each other. Although the work may be a lot at first, it's the management and the unprofessionalism within this company that makes it bad.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional, poor management
Lively, fun environment with great coworkers
Lead Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
I having nothing but fond things to say about my time at Dealertrack. Here, at the Dallas location, there was a fitness room where my coworkers and I could blow off steam and engage in fellowship.
Good Company, Good Culture
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Dealertrack was acquired by Cox Automotive and is still in transition following the merger. They have the typical growing pains associated with mergers--integration of systems and workforce reductions. Eventually, once the transition is complete, it should be one of the best places to work.
dealertrack
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2017
dealertrack was an ok place to work at but needs better management and human resource personnel.
they also need longer lunch breaks. the best employees get used all the time which forces them to find better employment. The compensation could be better then more employees would stay and work for years at a time instead of months.
benefits
Cons
point system
The best company I have ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  UTJanuary 19, 2017
I was so fortunate to be a part of the Dealertrack team. If I was able, This would have been my last stop for employment. They have an amazing team. Could not ask for more from this company
na
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work for someone starting a career in a production based environment. The managers are very friendly and knowledgeable. They are willing and happy to help you learn all facets of the business.
Team Dinners
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Across the United StatesNovember 28, 2016
With the job we were never home, so once a week the company would take us all out to dinner when we were on the road. That made it amazing. I was very thankful for the opportunities the company had to offer.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Never home with the family
Great work place,nice and understandable co workers.
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2016
The managers, and team members are great. the hard part of my job was when the contracts got out of order but the great part about that was that I have loyal and understanding team members.that are wiling to help you out to Mantain a great work history
Pros
Na
Cons
Nice breaks
Great place to work.
Quality Control Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 30, 2016
A great place to work. I only left do to moving to TN. this is a growing company with a lot of room to grow. Fun working environment. Great people to work with.
Pros
Casual Dress and Growing Company
Great place with Great People
Digital Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Enjoy working with technology and people, then its a great place to work. no presure work place with one of the BEST cultures i've ever worked in. Hated to leave
Pros
Flexable work schedule, Easy going environment
Cons
Need to learn alot on your own
A lot has changed
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2016
DealerTrack was my dream job when I started in 2012. Then with the acquisition of DDC the work environment started to change. Then after DT was acquired by Cox, everything went downhill.
Fun job and laid back
Customer Service Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2016
I loved helping take lead information for my customers via chat and helping them find a vehicle.
The commission was great. Pay was only minimum wage. The hours were great! The people I worked with were fun. The job was laid back and not a real challenge.
The chat program ended and I was sorry to see the job end.
Key Account Manager/Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
Very good environment and the management team is excellent! Very laid back and relaxed environment! You have to be more self sufficient because there is not a lot of training but the company as a hold is very patient!
Terrible work place.
Pre scanner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2016
I am currently working at Dealertrack, and TRUST ME when I say this: Dealertrack in Memphis, TN is horrible! The management can not be taken seriously. You can explain your problems to them repetitively, and they will NOT do anything to try to solve them. The supervisors and leads are messy and unprofessional. They create personal relationships with employees that work under them and only attend to their needs. There are NO equal opportunities. You can work your butt off for them and will not get recognized for the hard work. There are a lot of changes that need to be made- starting with finding new management. I feel like we are also underpaid. We work way too hard for the little money we make. We don't get served any breakfast or lunch, but they expect for us to work for 12+ hours. Sometimes they even make us stay longer than 14 hours. It's ridiculous that we only have ONE 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch break.. ONLY 30 minutes! They treat us like slaves. I do not recommend this particular job to ANYONE; especially if you have children because they expect for you to spend most of your time at work.
Productive and fun/laid back work environment.
Service Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OhJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed the job and wanted to advance through the company, however, when my hours were cut in half I had to go elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Very messy and terrible leadership
Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 2, 2016
since we have HR in the building and our new promoted supervisor that it has been better. The leads are very terrible and how do they go by picking such non motivators. They are very rude and date employees on the floor and let it be known. You are not suppose to wear your attitude but our leads do. The leads do not communicate with each other instead they talk about each other and the employees hear it, how professional is that! They are always gossiping and talking negative about others but they are suppose to be leaders. How come management is more messy than the people on the floor. Then they want to put on a front when clients come around. I say demote the old leads and promote more positive leaders.
Pros
Great Supervisor and HR and overtime
Cons
Terrible unprofessional rude leaders
It was a pretty cool place to work.
Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
It was an easy job never some place I could see myself working again management showed favoritism that would be my only problem.
Pros
I worked with family
Cons
The management was horrible the staff was just the same.
Repetitive Work
Title Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 4, 2016
I worked in the Title Vault. The work is very repetitive. You are judged by your quota and your status (temp or permanent) is also based on your work performance. I have come across other workers in DealertTack who have different positions who also say their job is repetitive. It seems like for most of the positions the pay rate is the same. I feel like I am in high school sometimes working there because there does seem to be cliques and inappropriate language and behavior like flirting (if you're married you shouldn't be flirting!).
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Work performance based on quota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dealertrack. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8