Dean & DeLuca Employee Reviews

Family environment
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 23, 2017
I learned a lot working here but I feel like the management could be a lot better and the way they treat their employees is a bit ridiculous. It’s almost like working in a high school job all over again. Good Work ethic in people now days are hard to come by
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No health benefits, bad management
productive and okay
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  42street times squareOctober 21, 2017
im not going to lie it was okay my job title was food prep ill prepare the food make sure everythings good sometimes ill open sometimes ill close.. but i do know i had never ever called out
Job was really stressful during holiday season .
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 1, 2017
Job was really fun during the year but became very hectic during holiday season and became very stressful at times.really fast paced at that time and very challenging.
Management needs lots of work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 12, 2017
Although my department manager was great and some of the mangers on duty were fine, the actual store manager, I wasn't too fond of. There was definite favoritism involved which was hard to deal with, however, I usually worked nights and didn't have to encounter him much.
Need to be flexible with constantly changing priorities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
There was never a consistent vision for the company, and priorities changed regularly based on new leadership entering the business. New ownership has plans to expand the business.
Pros
good discounts for employees
Cons
much turnover at executive level
ok company
Porter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
wouldn't recommend a career out of it unless your a manger. little pay for a big name company and benefits could be better. People are nice and friendly.
Best job ever!
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2017
Excellent staff, fun place to work, management is easy to talk to, the food is phenomenal, and it's the best job I've ever had. I go back every season!
Pros
Pay, staff, location, everything
Cons
Seasonal
Great work place. Great foods and a very easy place to excell
Cashier/ Pastry (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 21, 2017
While working at D&D i experienced team work, compassion and culture while working down at the georgetown location. The managers where really helpful and understanding.
Pros
50% of lunch and 30% of on day off.
Cons
30 min lunch breaks and they only do part time
Good company to work for
Supervisor meat/seafood (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
Great people to work with always something to do bosses and and staff always very helpful customer where always very responsive and respectful flexible with employees
It's a challenge to work there
Pick & Pack Trainee and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2016
This job may look easy but it's totally a challenge even with the co-workers the hardest is when every one else is not pulling their weight this job require a lot of work and effect you have to be willing to mulitask.
Alright
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2016
Management sucks. Not good with customer service. Only positive to management is the gm josh. Only one who really knows what he's doing and the only one who is good at customer service. The rest of the mane knot team had horrible customer service. Learn to smile.
Pros
Eat a lot
Cons
Bad management except gm
An internationally known Specialty Food Retailer.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
I learned almost everything I know about gourmet food working for this amazing store. I love that they appreciated my intelligence and promoted me twice as a result.
Great experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
I was always on the go with this job. I have learned many things and have met many important people that have impacted me in a good way. I worked with the company for over 8 years and it was definitely a great experience overall. I enjoyed learning many important aspects in the business world that I will carry on with me in the future.
A typical day at Dean & Deluca is very busy & face paced. I learned something new like being a BARISTA.I gained better customer service skills.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2015
Very busy place to work & always filled with tourist from around the globe. The job can be pretty demanding at time. I enjoyed learning something new while working for the company,like becoming a BARISTA and gaining many customers who particularly want me to make them a drink.My customer Service skills have gotten better for sure. Some co workers work harder than others. I worked very hard but felt overlooked. The hardest part of the job was during the rush for coffee because customers want it now & I always want to provide the best service to each and every customer.The management was pretty rude and unprofessional but I kept a positive attitude. I do appreciate being giving the job, but it is time I move on to bigger and better job opportunities.
Pros
store discount
Cons
no paid break, no daily raises, overworked and underpaid
Great Work Place With Great Workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 23, 2015
I worked for dean & deluca's wine warehouse before closing down. when i would go into dean & deluca store everyone was friendly and very helpful. Great place to work
Not a fun place to work, lots of favoritism
Administrative supervisor (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 21, 2015
not recommended to anyone due to the manager's favoritism. you would end up learning duties on your own. you would spend the day stressing to get out of it.
Great people and Great workplace!
Cheese and Charcuterie (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 6, 2015
Everyone there is very friendly and everybody knew each other. The management is confusing at first but, definitely should be the way it is. My co-workers were awesome loved every moment of being there. I learned how to related with customers and how to better sell product.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Managers need to communicate
Barista/Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2015
They pay people however they want to and not factoring the fact that in the end we are both doing the same thing. Managers need to get their heads out of their butts and listen to the employee for once, we're the ones actually dealing with the customers the most. Loved my coworkers great bunch to work with but i can't stand the managers.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Salary
People were awesome
Lead Catering Chef (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great place! Great people! and always sometime to see. Love being around foodies!! The always have a great time
productive
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2014
A typical work day consist of food preparation, and maintaining a clean work space, I started as a maintenance supervisor, and promoted to a driver. As a driver i delivered to every Dean & Deluca store's and to clients homes. I learned how to prepare and bake different foods.Most enjoyable part of my job, was interacting with customers and building relationship's with each individual client.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean & DeLuca. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8