Dean & DeLuca Employee Reviews

Great Work Place With Great Workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 23, 2015
I worked for dean & deluca's wine warehouse before closing down. when i would go into dean & deluca store everyone was friendly and very helpful. Great place to work
Not a fun place to work, lots of favoritism
Administrative supervisor (Former Employee) –  new yorkJune 21, 2015
not recommended to anyone due to the manager's favoritism. you would end up learning duties on your own. you would spend the day stressing to get out of it.
Great people and Great workplace!
Cheese and Charcuterie (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 6, 2015
Everyone there is very friendly and everybody knew each other. The management is confusing at first but, definitely should be the way it is. My co-workers were awesome loved every moment of being there. I learned how to related with customers and how to better sell product.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Managers need to communicate
Barista/Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2015
They pay people however they want to and not factoring the fact that in the end we are both doing the same thing. Managers need to get their heads out of their butts and listen to the employee for once, we're the ones actually dealing with the customers the most. Loved my coworkers great bunch to work with but i can't stand the managers.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Salary
People were awesome
Lead Catering Chef (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great place! Great people! and always sometime to see. Love being around foodies!! The always have a great time
productive
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2014
A typical work day consist of food preparation, and maintaining a clean work space, I started as a maintenance supervisor, and promoted to a driver. As a driver i delivered to every Dean & Deluca store's and to clients homes. I learned how to prepare and bake different foods.Most enjoyable part of my job, was interacting with customers and building relationship's with each individual client.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks.
interactive
Barista (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 16, 2014
great company, soho has an amazing store, the employees are really fun, work gets done and theres honestly never a dull moment
Friendly and adaptive environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
The Management is very helpful and calm. The co-workers are very nice to the new comers and help in learning . overall a good place to work.
Pros
free samples
Cons
short breaks
The girl with the most cake
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2014
Everyday I go to work I feel a responsibility to uphold the highest standards for this iconic brand. We work in a loft near the SoHo location with a very small close knit team. We have fun, but work our tails off! It is a very tough job, and you never feel like you are getting everything done within a day. That only makes you strive harder. In that respect it's a tough environment. Then you sit down and do a cake tasting and realize what a privileged position it is.
Pros
seeing the best product in the world
Cons
communication because the majority of the team is in wichita.
good productive place
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
typical day set up pastry display for customers .greet customers make coffee drinks. co workers are nice and helpful. its busy all the time .
Pros
everybody's nice
Cons
short breaks good health care and benefits

Want to know more about Dean & DeLuca?

Ask a question
An amazing adventure with the food industry.
Buyer/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
Lot's and lot's of people to help.
There was so much to learn as in any company. The quality of their gourmet products cannot be rivaled.
I was part of management. So, my way was to give my staff the freedom to do their jobs without being micro - managed. I treated them the way that I wanted to be treated in any job position.
My co-workers were very down to earth, knowledgeable of the food products in their departments and we all worked together.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with a customer who woke up that morning and decided that nothing was going to please him or her They were determined to make an employee's life miserable for a moment. We were dealing with the public and the employee who has the patience.to deal with the public, is worth more than gold.
Holidays were the most enjoyable for me. Colorful, exciting products are being beautifully wrapped and delivered as gifts.
Pros
for me, i love international foods.
Cons
very long hours (66 hours weekly) and standing for long periods at a time.
average job
Porter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2013
Long and hard days, very unorganized. The coworkers are very nice people just trying to make a living. The management is very mean and doesn't care about their employees. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there are no raises. You work hard and come to work everyday and it doesn't pay off. There is no joy.
dean & deluca
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2013
its a really fast place to work , its like working in a fast food restaurant, you get to meet a lot of nice people and also bad people
Fun work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2013
Set up food display at 7:00am and greeted customers by 9:00am, made sure the floor was cleaned and presentable, fridge and shelves are stocked and customer was satisfied
a Foodies Paradise
Department Head, Buyer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2013
A wonderful opportunity to utilize both my food knowledge, and management ability.
I learned even more about food and people here, by managing people from many cultures as well as their foods and cultures.
I enjoyed purchasing foods from all around the world and presenting them for sale to the people of Goergetown and Washington D.C.
Pros
great exposure to the foods i loved
Cons
difficult upper management
High paced fun job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Working at Dean and Deluca was an experience I will never forget. They were always over staffed in the mornings and understaffed in the evening. My co-workers for the most part were really enjoyable to work with. It was a very high paced work place the hardest part of my job was not having enough people working in our department during a rush. The easiest part of my job was prepping food for the deli case and salad bar.
Pros
30% off anything in the store. being able to interact with customers
Cons
hours were bad.
Fun and fast paced environment
Prepared Foods Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2012
Great place to get good customer service experience. Stressful, but you will learn to deal with it and be able to deal with a lot of stressful situations.
CHEESE AND CHARCUTERIE
Cheese/Charcuterie Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2012
I LOVED THIS JOB A LOT BECAUSE IT OPENED A DIFFERENT WAY OF LOOKING AT FOOD. THAT YOU DONT NEED TO EAT A FULL MEAL EVERY DAY. A FEW DELICIOUS CUBES OF CHEESE. A FEW SLICES OF PROSCUITTO. OR A THIN SLICE OF PATE. AND THATS ALL YOU NEED. MAYBE A FEW OLIVES HERE AND THERE!! IT DID MAKE ME APPRECIATE THE FINER ELEMENTS IN FOOD AND IM THANKFUL TO HAVE HAD THIS EXPERIENCE.
Pros
welcomes you into a foodies paradise
Cons
you better have some money to spend in that paradise!!
New meaning to dead end Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  SoHo, New YorkOctober 8, 2012
Management are very cold hearted and talk to the people that work under them unprofessionally. Other associates are nice and work together very well. a Typical day is going in setting up shop, getting tasks done within a certain time frame, and helping customers. The hardest part about the job is getting tasks done within a certain time frame with only so much man power. The enjoyable part about the job is discovering new foods and enjoy new experiences.
Pros
free samples
Cons
poor management, no raises, no room for growth
great place to learn
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2012
This company is a great place to learn because they give you the opportunity to move foward in the company but with less pay. I was abel to learn how to manage a store by lerning every single manager duties that needed to be done and also still supervised the employees
Pros
gaining skills