Dean Clinic Employee Reviews

Wonderful company that cares about their employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 14, 2017
This is a wonderful company that cares about their employees. They also have advancement opportunities. If I could work for them again, I would.
Ok place to work
Unit Clerk-Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 14, 2016
Ok place to work. Very flexible schedule. Doctors were fun to work with. Good parking. Miss my co-workers. Epic was user friendly. Dean Health plan people could be difficult to work with.
Productive and fast paste learning style
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 6, 2016
Very fast paste clinic but very efficient. Before you know it, the day is over. Co-workers are always willing to help out.
awesome
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 10, 2016
Friendly Work atmosphere,like to work with them.everybody including Manager and co-worker help me a lot to establish my ethics.
Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 17, 2016
Learned to work well with others and most importantly work as a team. Involved with patient comfort, vitals, rooming, paperwork, medication refills, prior authorizations, referrals. Working with doctors, therapists, RN's and front line staff.

Difficult part of job was seeing patients that were doing so well go thru a very bad time.

Then the greatest part was seeing them happy and knowing that you helped them acheive their goals and stay on task and to enjoy their life's.
Pros
Co workers. Vacation time
Cons
short breaks.
Co-worker were fun and helpful sometimes. But some managers hired real losers and we had to train them and be a "team" with them.
Reg/Sch (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 30, 2015
When Dean was a stand alone company, they did right by the employees and customers. When they let SSM buy them out. The Dean founder's would be ashamed of what and who they have become. Employees are of no importantance to the SSM system. Management is very poor, uncaring, lacking in true spirit of what was once Dean. I do NOT recommend this SSM Dean - St Mary's Company to anyone! Once run buy Nun's who were caring, now carry a metal rod to beat you down. Not kidding.
Pros
You might find a friendly co-worker
Cons
Rotten management all the way up......
excellent
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 21, 2015
I loved working at Dean Health Systems. The provider's there are very friendly and you really feel like you were part of a team not just an assistant.
Pros
room for advancement
Fun job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 11, 2015
This was a temporary position, but I enjoyed the staff and patients.
The days went quickly, and it was always a different situation. I liked that it was not repetitive.
Sterile Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 22, 2015
Compounding chemotherapy in a sterile environment. High volume and pressure to complete tasks. Enjoyable knowing you are helping to provide care for patients.
Great work environment, staff was very kind and willing to help me.
CMA Extern (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Everyday would start with greeting and rooming patients. I learned very quickly that it really helped to review a patients chart before arrival so I could properly and efficiently set up the room to the needs of both the patient and the doctor. I learned about different types of procedures, how to give injections and even how to draw blood. Management was great and very helpful with anything I needed. My co-workers who mentored me were exceptional in training me how to work as a cma. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I really enjoyed it and I became really close with the staff and the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do the hands on stuff I learned like injections and vitals and I really enjoyed getting to know my patients and the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly staff, long lunch break, always something to do to help me learn
Cons
Not getting to work there after my externship because they weren't hiring.
inconsistent management
data quality analysis (Current Employee) –  corporate officeOctober 16, 2013
The employes are very friendly and are true to the mission at Dean.. My time of 2 years taught me alot, however the main lesson was dealingwith politics and learning trust and truthfulness was not honored in management. All I can say is if it smells fishy... it is and the politics are in full force. If you decide to take a position make sure they have a game plan.
Pros
excellent coworkers
Cons
inconsistant management no loyalty to employees
Was a great place to work for the first 34 years. Last year was very stressful.
Medical Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 11, 2013
I was learning to scan medical reports into the EPIC system.
My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part was knowing that my years of hard work and loyalty meant nothing.
Pros
Good insurance benefits.
Cons
No breaks. Everything was timed. Very poor training.
Great place to work with staff and patients
Medical Administrative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 1, 2013
I have worked for Dean for almost a year. I enjoy being able to work with clinical staff as well having the chance to help out patients with their appointments and any other needs I might be able to help with.
Great.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work is challenging but rewarding. I enjoy dealing with people and am good at making them smile and feel better when not feeling well in the hospital. The hardest part of the job is seeing people Pass.
Pros
good food that the girls bring into the lab
Cons
Can be hectic at times, requiring patience while multitasking.
Staff Nurse
Nurse Lead (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 17, 2013
Staff nurse with experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Triage and Nurse Lead.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Recent corporate restructuring has resulted in several job eliminations.
Great place to work. Stays true to their mission statement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 26, 2012
I loved working for the Dean Clinic. The stayed true to their mission statement by putting patient care first.
Pros
great working environment. placed patients first
Cons
in the mid west and the weather there is horrible
Forward thinking organization
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJuly 30, 2012
Travel from site to site to assist staff with day to day operational issues that came up. Hire, mentor, train staff. Assist the staff with training of new procedures, conduct staff meetings, implement performance improvement projects.

The hardest part of my job was having four clinic locations to travel too. This made it so that it was near impossible to be at a site more than once a week on average. This is difficult to manage staff and ensure that the clinic is being run efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. They were all very receptive to me as a manager and the projects that we did to improve patient satisfaction and safety.
Pros
employees were fantastic
Cons
extensive travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.