Dean Clinic Employee Reviews

SSM buyout may have been a big mistake.
Business Office Site Representative (Former Employee), Dean Clinic-SSM HealthMay 29, 2015
At Dean clinic we used to be a close tight knit family, since SSM takeover, many employees are leaving, being terminated, employees are turning on each other, for a supposedly Catholic organization, that Christian compassion, understanding and forgiveness just doesn't seem to be there for the employees.
Sterile Product Technician (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 22, 2015
Compounding chemotherapy in a sterile environment. High volume and pressure to complete tasks. Enjoyable knowing you are helping to provide care for patients.
Great work environment, staff was very kind and willing to help me.
CMA Extern (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, long lunch break, always something to do to help me learn
Cons: not getting to work there after my externship because they weren't hiring.
Everyday would start with greeting and rooming patients. I learned very quickly that it really helped to review a patients chart before arrival so I could properly and efficiently set up the room to the needs of both the patient and the doctor. I learned about different types of procedures, how to give injections and even how to draw blood. Management was great and very helpful with anything I needed. My co-workers who mentored me were exceptional in training me how to work as a cma. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I really enjoyed it and I became really close with the staff and the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do the hands on stuff I learned like injections and vitals and I really enjoyed getting to know my patients and the people I worked with.
inconsistent management
data quality analysis (Current Employee), corporate officeOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent coworkers
Cons: inconsistant management no loyalty to employees
The employes are very friendly and are true to the mission at Dean.. My time of 2 years taught me alot, however the main lesson was dealingwith politics and learning trust and truthfulness was not honored in management. All I can say is if it smells fishy... it is and the politics are in full force. If you decide to take a position make sure they have a game plan.
Was a great place to work for the first 34 years. Last year was very stressful.
Medical Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 11, 2013
Pros: good insurance benefits.
Cons: no breaks. everything was timed. very poor training.
I was learning to scan medical reports into the EPIC system.
My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part was knowing that my years of hard work and loyalty meant nothing.
Great place to work with staff and patients
Medical Administrative (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 1, 2013
I have worked for Dean for almost a year. I enjoy being able to work with clinical staff as well having the chance to help out patients with their appointments and any other needs I might be able to help with.
Great.
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: good food that the girls bring into the lab
Cons: can be hectic at times, requiring patience while multitasking.
A typical day at work is challenging but rewarding. I enjoy dealing with people and am good at making them smile and feel better when not feeling well in the hospital. The hardest part of the job is seeing people Pass.
Staff Nurse
Nurse Lead (Former Employee), Platteville, WIJune 17, 2013
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: recent corporate restructuring has resulted in several job eliminations.
Staff nurse with experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Triage and Nurse Lead.
Great place to work. Stays true to their mission statement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 26, 2012
Pros: great working environment. placed patients first
Cons: in the mid west and the weather there is horrible
I loved working for the Dean Clinic. The stayed true to their mission statement by putting patient care first.
Forward thinking organization
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Portage, WIJuly 30, 2012
Pros: employees were fantastic
Cons: extensive travel
Travel from site to site to assist staff with day to day operational issues that came up. Hire, mentor, train staff. Assist the staff with training of new procedures, conduct staff meetings, implement performance improvement projects.

The hardest part of my job was having four clinic locations to travel too. This made it so that it was near impossible to be at a site more than once a week on average. This is difficult to manage staff and ensure that the clinic is being run efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. They were all very receptive to me as a manager and the projects that we did to improve patient satisfaction and safety.