Dean College Employee Reviews

Challenging environment with micromanagement
Associate Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 9, 2017
A typical day at work is never typical. Dean College enrolls high-need students and could use more individuals to support that population. Dean shares they're 'family friendly', but long hours and not being available in the evenings does not support that claim. The hardest part of the job is the high level of micromanagement and the absolute need of control from senior management and the President.
Pros
Good amount of vacation time
Cons
Expensive healthcare, long hours, micromanagement
Enjoyed working with the Residence Life Dept
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 29, 2017
I was an intern and each day was different. I was able to adapt to any situation that I was put in. We had to prep keys for rooms and assess any damage that was done in the dorm rooms. I worked with a lot of various camps and orientations throughout the summer months. I learned that a team effort was most effective. In terms of Management, both of my supervisors were very helpful each and everyday. They gave me certain tasks to accomplish and I was able to accomplish all of their tasks. The culture was great. Every member of the full time staff was friendly and really helpful. The environment was stress free and it felt like a family. In terms of the hardest part, I would say dealing with the public. There were a lot of phone calls about room situations. During that period the full time staff were still placing freshman into dorms. I would always get a call from a parent asking about their child's room situation. Since I was only the intern I did not have much say in placement. I handled it the best I could and often passed it on to someone that could help in that situation. In terms of the most enjoyable part of the job, I would have to say doing camps and orientation. We would sit at tables and check people in and out. We would give out keys and collect them when needed. We would also assist any parent or camper/ student. Overall I enjoyed interning with Residence Life.
good place to work
Facilities, Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 19, 2017
I helped students with there projects and help them check out cameras. I learned how to use different types of technology. The work place was very relaxed .
Provides a productive environment
Head Men's Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 15, 2017
Dean College is a great place to build your career. Everyone is very focused and extremely helpful to one another. Though it's a small private institution, there are plenty of resources available in order to help the employees succeed.
Pros
discounted lunches and free parking for staff
office was always comfortable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 27, 2017
it was a fun/learning experience working here. everyone was very nice and thoughtful. good work ethic between everyone in the office.clean enviroment.
Pros
Could to college assignments
Student Internship
Project Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 30, 2017
Developed timelines
Choreographed dance pieces
Managed the social media pages and incoming emails mails
Developed concept for showcase
Edited and produced ad for concert showcase
Helped to develop new skill in management, finance, and operations
Pros
Helped in all aspects of operating a company
Cons
Finances could be tricky
College job
Sports and Digital Media Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Worked her throughout college and enjoyed the work wasn't much hours but it helped being in college. work In radio station and broadcast job helped me communicate
Great Place
Director of Events Management (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 1, 2016
If you want to work at a place where everyone is in it for the same goal and that is to support our student then you have found the right place. A great community of faculty and staff who are passionate about what they do.

They support you in what you do and you are able to make a difference.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Long days
great learning experience fun high energy atmosphere
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 30, 2016
I had the opportunity to work for a great coach who was knowledgeable of the game of baseball and was appreciative of his assistant coaches. Trusted our input and encouraged us to give it to him for the benefit of the team. I learned a lot about team leadership and coaching style, but more important i learned how to manage people. I enjoyed working with student athletes and watching them improve over time with hard work and dedication, very rewarding job.
工作環境安靜
Math Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 11, 2016
我學到如何更有效地幫助他人學習,也同時提高自己的理解能力。
我的同事很友好,我們互相幫助
在工作中遇到最困難的事情是同學問我我不擅長的問題時,不知如何回答。
回去之後我會惡補相關知識
Could be a nice place to work if not for entrenched upper management
SHIFT SUPERVISOR, Department of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 2, 2016
High staff turnover constantly retraining staff. Upper management micro-managing and never listening to staff feedback. Long entrenched upper management highly compensated.
Pros
Pleasant grounds, mostly nice staff
Cons
Low pay, micro managed
Productive, busy and highly hands on time controlled tasks
Athletic Director Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 26, 2016
-Report to Athletic Director and Office Manager
-Tasks are given after reporting
-Tasks are completed based on due dates

The hardest part of the job is time management, if one has more than one responsibility on campus then one must have great time management skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when tasks are complete and one is able to enjoy and be proud of what they have completed.
Great opportunity
Community Advisor/Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 19, 2015
Along with serving younger children I would like to give back to those less fortunate. I find it very rewarding when an individual can give back to someone that can do nothing for them and that is what I inspire to do.
Hardworking
Student Success Intern (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 1, 2015
Worked with a great group of people who worked as part of a team and made going to work a good time every day. Also working as part of a team made me a better person and professional.
Long days
Stage Manager/ Light Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin MAApril 24, 2014
While going to school and putting on shows were very long and stressful days. It was worth it in the end because I would learn something new everyday. I was in charge of starting the show on time, making sure all cast and crew were in the correct spots prior to the show starting.
Pros
Got to see different things happening on stage every night.
Cons
long days of rehearsals on top of doing school work.
Fun and Productive
Advising and Career Planning Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 28, 2013
Excellent place to help prepare for an entry-level job. I developed skills necessary to complete administrative tasks. Was always kept occupied. The hardest part was having to go in and not having tasks throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of this job were the coworkers and wonderful atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace, fostering excellence and personal success.
Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 1, 2013
Dean College has been an incredible place to work, fostering a fun and productive atmosphere it has been the best of both worlds working and going to school here. Dean provides opportunities that other institutions simply don't.
Pros
motivated staff, ability to work at own pace, fun atmosphere to work in.
Productive and busy workplace
Information Technologist Intern (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 30, 2013
Asking my supervisor each morning what needs to be done to move forward with the school website project. After finishing each part of the project, I ask my supervisor what the next step in my project is. If there is no more work to proceed on during that current day, I ask other faculty around the office if they need any projects done for them or require any assistance around the office.
Work Study for school, effective way to make extra money
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 11, 2013
Work Study, was good way to make money while on campus. Enjoyed job, but would of appreciated more compensation.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 19, 2013
The most enjoyably part of the job at Dean College, was being able to interact with the staff's and feel comfortable in that environment. Doing Work Study at Dean College gave me the opportunity to learn a lot more about my school community.