Dean Foods Company Employee Reviews

Long hours with very little time to spend with friends or family.
Vacation Relief (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 16, 2017
A typical day at work was always a headache because you never knew what machines ran properly. Enjoyed my time because of the different job experiences I gained. Management did seem to know what was going on and communication between management was poor. Working long hours and forced overtime on most of my off days was the hardest part of the job. As vacation relief my job changed weekly so I never did the same job function day in and day out. That is what I loved most about the job.
Pasteurizer
Pasteurizer (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIAugust 16, 2017
busy day, great crew to work with
pastsurizing milk
good management
no set breaks, if any
it would be nice to get a break at times. some times i go without one .
International Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 14, 2017
The department that I worked in was amazing, great people, great work. The job it self was stressful at times, but well worth it. Rewarding because you learn a lot about the international business of shipping food products to other countries.
Pros
Knowledge, coworkers
Cons
no room for growth without relocating
Good company
Production/Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work involves coming in meeting with previous shift Supervisor. Getting the passdown and getting my plan together for my shift. Finish up production and begin CIP and sanitation duties while finishing up production. Something I have learned in the Dairy business is working with PLC control systems. Not everyday is going to be the same. The culture at our facility was a team but felt more like a family. The hardest part of the job is walking away from it. I feel the most enjoyable part of the job is when People come to visit our facility from other plants or corporate is seeing them walk through our facility and compliment how it looks, or how the moral is.
Cons
Hours changing from day to day.
Excellent at local level
Environmental Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHAugust 10, 2017
great company to work for at local level had priorities at corporate level in wrong area. I came to work and did my job with no micromanagement which was why I love it so much. I can complete my job without interruptions
I workd with great people
Interim Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 1, 2017
Dean Foods acquired us in 1998. From that time forward our facility improved on many levels. Dean has the technical expertise to make a plant better. We steadily improved with procedures and in capital investments.
Fun work place and teamwork
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 28, 2017
We load and unload trucks. The management was friendly to everyone. I enjoyed the fun co workers. I learned how to load and unload trucks and make use of some equipments.
Its a fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJuly 24, 2017
I loved my job until all part-timers were let go, or at least that was what I was told. There are no helicopter bosses, which means they let you go solo after training which it is not hard to read labels and place Ice Cream where it belongs. There is no advancement unless you know someone.
Pros
No Helicopter bosses, easy work, expenses weekly, pay weekly, fun job
Cons
No paid vacations, No insurance, No advancement, Favortism
Good Company
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2017
Good company to work for. Consistent route and work week is Monday through Friday. No extra holidays off. Responsible for delivery and pickup of excess product. Some extra runs may be needed.
Awful place to work. No job security.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJuly 19, 2017
Management awful. Company awful. Will not be surprised if they go under in the next few years. Product, quality awful. No employee loyalty. Bought out my previous company and ran them into the ground.
Works you then dumps you
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTJuly 19, 2017
I was working for deans through a temp agency and everything was good and then out of the blue they terminated my contract without any explanation as to why. I was doing great and wanted to get on full time but that didn't happen. They work you to the bone then drop you like an old shoe..
Pros
Pay for the area is higher than most.
Cons
Not many breaks, bad training, management.
Good pay not so good everything else
Sales route driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 15, 2017
No management support. 0 communication from management who preaches communication. No work life balance. No concern with time off to REBOOT. My last vacation, 2 days in Thay called me back because Thay had no relief driver. Break down at 2 am they may call you at 8 am when the get to the office. Then ask you why you running late.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Cool Company
Production (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Good company. Good culture. Challenging work. New management team is looking to drive change. Dedicated hourly staff looking for stability in management to lead. Hopefully they can survive with all of the volatility in the milk business.
Pros
Cons
Company acts broke...or really is broke.
Good Company to work for
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2017
Good company to work for. Benefits and employees and bosses are great. Really enjoyed my employment there. Friendly working environment. Highly recommend.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Horrible place to work management is clueless
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 11, 2017
Good paying job, however hours are horrible you never know what time you're getting off of work. Management is clueless they blame employees for everything that goes wrong. Outdated machinery from 1970's. Equipment is always breaking down, gauges don't work, dirty work environment, management is unprofessional
Pros
Good paying job
Cons
Equipment for 1970's, no heating or AC, flies & bugs every where, smells like spoiled milk
Excellent salary
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2017
The salary was great, and the hours were long for management. Very demanding position, and challenging, overall. I was able to grow with Dean Foods.
Dont waste your time for rensselaer ny transport job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 30, 2017
Dean foods would rather sell loads to an outside carrier and spend up wards or 20k a night then pay there transport drivers a fair wage. It's no wonder they can't keep any transport drivers let alone hire any they are to cheap to pay there own drivers but have an open check book for the outside carrier. Dean foods Rensselaer NY is a joke and so are the managers.
Good pay, friendly environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sharpsville, PAJune 29, 2017
good overall company but not specifically at this location. Management needs to not be behind computer all day.benefits are good. good 401k match. milk is down but commodities are up.
Pros
401k, steady hours and friendly environment
Cons
management, repairs needed
okay place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJune 24, 2017
big company that acts like 3 different company's Sales, Commercial and cooler all have different goals and they don't tend to go hand in hand with each other resulting in big waste and increased cost with no fix in the near future.
Pros
free milk for employees
Cons
no job security.
nice pay but divisive work enviroment
Forklift Operator/Order Selector/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
the pay is good compared to many places but unless you been working there 15+ years you have no job security. The Union contract works against new hires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean Foods Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9