Dean Foods Company

Dean Foods Company Employer Reviews

good money ,benefits
Route Sales/Driver (Relief) (Former Employee), californiaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good pay /good benefits
Cons: bad management, supervisors
all about making money,don't care about employees,bad supervisors,managers are puppets
Bad pay/hours
yard switcher (Current Employee), Spartanburg, S.C.July 3, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: too many
Work crazy hours, 1 pm to 12-1-2- in the morning, double standards every where in the plant; unless you are " special ". Very little home time. Beware of the back stabbers.
good job with decent benifits
o MP2 Planner Scheduler (Current Employee), Orem, UTJune 26, 2014
Great people to work with makes the day go by fast. Need better training program to ensure success in company and employees
WO
Chargeback Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: productive work place
Cons: i was laid off and i wanted to retire from this company.
You work independently on your accounts, you gain a relationship with the customers, the team leads inform you in a timely manner in which you of changes. Co-workers are willing to help other team members that need assistance with work processes. The hardest thing about the job is that it is contract work, and the most enjoyable thing about this job – more... is the ability to learn something new, and the hours. – less
Working my own hours as long as job is completed each work day
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Sharpsville, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: making your own hours as long as product is delivered that night
Cons: having to sleep during days to work nights
Going to work not worrying about being late. Can start any time I get there as long as the job is completed that day.
I learned how to be in tune with other drivers as we all knew job and did it as a professional team.
Management is never a issue unless something is wrong with loads coming to us for delivery. We are able to work on our own without management – more... over us on a daily basis.
I'd say hardest part of job is having to sleep during days and work nights.
Most enjoyable part is being able to do job and never be questioned about time it takes to deliver. It can never be predicted when delivering milk how long it will take since accidents do happen and clean up is required. – less
Great company to work for
Transportation Logistics Manager (Former Employee), White Brar Lake MNMay 2, 2014
Not allowed to comment on this job do to nature of company business
Will run you into the ground. ..
delivery driver (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 30, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: ever thing else.
High stress environment, no family time at all.. you're just a number.avg 13-14 hrs day 6 to 7 hrs sleep if you're lucky. .
Butter making
Package Handler and Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 14, 2014
Early mornings, hard working days the most enjoyable part of the day is getting off going home.
constant turnover and unstability
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Euless, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: early morning work starts
Cons: short breaks
Deans is a company that tries to provide activities for the employees.
A typical day at work was clocking in and starting your work.
I learned a new accounting system called Prodagio and all the aspects of entering non pos.
Management was constantly changing which did not provide security at the job.
My co-workers were a great group of people to work – more... with and we were real
The hardest part of my job was meeting the required production of invoices daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working to the best of my ability to meet my goals and the feeling of accomplishment. – less
good job security
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule in office area
Cons: office environment is dysfunctional
Management is stuck in the past. Advancement can happen but takes a lot of work and persistence. Expect to be asked to do more with less on a continual basis. Atmosphere ranges from friendly and professional to dysfunctional and hostile.
My favorite job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIApril 5, 2014
A typical day at this temporary position was to drive to four Walmart locations each weekday as needed. I would get to each store, and first check all of the displays that show our product, checking to see what products were missing or low. When I found what I needed to refill, I would grab the products from the back and stock them, as well as rotating – more... them for the closest expiration date to the front, and eliminating the expired products. I would then rotate the other products that had not needed filling.

I really loved my superior, as he was friendly, professional but also laid back. – less
Dean Foods is going through difficult times and placing enormous demands on their employees. They are intense pressure to meet their budget.
Group Fleet Manager - South Region (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: my staff, compensation, and belief that i was making a difference.
Cons: time away from family.
My typical day started before 7:00 each morning and ended at 6:00pm, except when I was on the road meeting with my staff. On those occasions (70% travel) I normally had 14 hour days. I was responsible to lead my staff (24) in meeting annual objectives, staying in compliance with government regulations, and supporting company on new business opportunities. – more... I learned how to be a compassionate, direct and very organized leader. My co-workers who reported to me were absolutely the best. I was very fortunate to have such high character, dedicated employees. Hardest part of my job was the time away from family and meeting the increasing need to cut costs. My most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring young men and women and watching them progress through the company. – less
Good place to work if you don't mind overtime.
Production Supervisor/Production Planner (Current Employee), OFallon IlMarch 12, 2014
Pros: overtime available
Cons: may be forced to work unwanted hours.
Good place for a routine type individual. Learned many aspects of the dairy industry.
They had picnics, breakfasts catered lunches
Machine Repair (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: felt appreciated for staying late to finish projects so they could run the next day.
Cons: corporate decided to close the plant and produce ice cream in belveder
It was a good place to work for, they took good care of the employees free ice cream clothing work boots and tool allowance
OK place.
Maintenance/Facilities Technician (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: union work place.
Busy and loud place to work. People were OK. Always wet.Ten hour shift was OK.
Poor management no training
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Bismarck ndFebruary 11, 2014
I was asked to get my CDL but was given no assistance in this. I got my CDL permit in the required time but was unable to obtain my license because I was not given the proper training or allowed practice time for driving.

I was told that I would have medical insurance after 1 month but when I tried to sign my daughter and me up it would not allow me – more... to, then I was told I missed the sign up date only to find out I could not sign up because they mistakenly input me in the system as a part time employee instead of a full time employee. by the time they got it fixed and I was about to receive insurance they laid me off due to restructuring. – less
You earn your money.
Plant Worker (Former Employee), Hayward,CA.February 7, 2014
Pros: pay, coworkers
Cons: human resources, union retirement security plan
If you do not make a full year and they let you go. They make you reapply. If you make a year you just come back to work.The union charges retirement fees about. 400$ a month out of your check no choice. And money is lost to union if do not have 5years in program. I liked it there, union coworkers were great once they realized you were not a weasel. – more... HR is slimy like car and insurance salesmen without the personality. They pay well though. – less
Great place to work and convenience location
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2014
My experiment working at this company was well challenge and I learn a lot from my co-workers and management the short time I was there. I would love to have the opportunity to apply again to this company if was available to me.
Excellent company
Southeast Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: corporate leadership
A fast-paced environment, but great support given. Promotes from within and values employees, their tenure and their contributions. Probably allows some under-achievers to stay longer than they should. Although my position was eliminated after 13 years, I have nothing but glowing things to say about this company!
A Horrible Place
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Cons: they are unfair and unethical. if they are unsuccessful in destroying your morale, they try to fire you.
A typical day at Dean Foods might be similar to going to a prison labor camp.
You are expected to wear a starchy outfit that doesn't fit and given a very small locker.

The clueless management is intolerably rude and has absolutely no respect for any of the people actually doing the work unless they decide to pick favorites.
The amount of work expected – more... is completely ridiculous and the integrity and value of the work almost non-existent. You are expected to work at top speed for the entire shift until the very last second. If you are caught chatting for more than a few seconds with a co-worker, you are confronted with, "Is there a problem?", or "Need something to do?".
There are more nonsensical and insignificant tasks added every day, and if you happen to make a completely meaningless mistake, management immediately brings it to your attention as if something horrible has happened and you might be written up or accused of falsifying data. I think they do this just to look busy and important to their superiors.
Co-workers are extremely stressed out because they are treated as a "team" and expected to somehow share the unmanageable workload. There is absolutely no sensible division of work in all of the chaos, which leads to conflicts and low morale among the workers. Pure insanity is the motto.

If you enjoy torture apply at Dean Foods, otherwise stay away from this hell hole. – less

1 2 3 4