Dean Foods Company

Dean Foods Company United States Employee Reviews

Outstanding Future! Fun, competitive, rewarding, fair
Factory (Current Employee), meadow gold Las VegasMarch 21, 2015
Pros: solid team, responsibility, pay, teamwork, proud of products
Cons: market share, occasionally long days, better training programs, hr
The factory is good to work in. Many coworkers have been at the site for many years. Almost all of the employees care about the business and our own results. Factory won Plant of the year for two years in a row and are on track for a third year. Very nice facility, well-maintained only 10 years old. Union environment with good relationship with managers. Management team is open, they listen and do a good job to address problems head-on. Good leaders who are fair and try to do the right thing. We have monthly town halls, employee round table meetings, improvement teams, celebrations when we hit or exceed targets. It's not all perfect but I'm excited about where we are and the future looks brighter than ever.
Customer Service (Former Employee), dallas,txMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy working with the people that I am currently around and taking calls from different personalities on a daily basis. The company itself does not value their employees. The customer service department is contracted through another company (Vertex). Yes, they have great benefits, but I have been with this company going on 3 years and have not had a raise going on 2 years. Actually, no one has! They lead you to believe there is room for advancement, but there is not. I am a people person therefore I love going in and helping my co-workers daily, but....I do not want to continue to down talk my current employer, but the time has come for me to find a company that appreciates their employees and values the dedication they have for the company.
Very deceptive!!
Admin (Former Employee), Hayward, caMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free milk, salary is at market rate, very friendly co workers.
Cons: do not trust the management, no problems laying off, they are running a skeleton crew. they more they shorten the staff - more mistakes happen.
The work itself was pretty good. My co workers nothing short of amazing and we made a great team. The down side is they string you along for months and months. Middle management makes promises that upper management will not make good on. Horribly disappointing. Just goes to show that even Fortune 500 companies have no problem running like a sweat shop.
Driver more
driver and more (Current Employee), Nashville tennFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: all
worst place stay away! Over worked seniority means nothing Your just a number They change your hours and put you at the bottom of the latter was family owned they cared at one time until they sold out to corporate they have a point system they give like candy you better not make much money or there get gone
Great pay and benefits...
Vacation Relief (Former Employee), De Pere, WIFebruary 4, 2015
Great pay and benefits, but you earn it. Forced overtime is common in some departments. This is a union dairy, expect to hear, "I have seniority."
it was a good place to work
Cooler Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport, KYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: down sizing
I would come in and get all the paper work ready and order for the jobs.
how better to talk to people and get the job done safely.
management was nice to work for
everyone new there jobs and made sure they were done right
letting someone go is the hardest part
when a driver would come and and tell us how nice there truck was loaded
A learning experience
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), NEW ORLEANS, LAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: there is no consistency
It is great company to work for, however, there is no room for growth.
factory
Frostbite (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 21, 2014
how to pack ice cream
learned the paste of a factory
fast paste place
Decent
Filler Operator (Current Employee), Lynn, MADecember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good wages
Cons: random and irregular day off
Fellow Employees makes it easier to work, other small factors at work can frustrate most people. Overall good place for those seeking better income than minimum wage. Certain departments require more attention to details than others. Interesting to see how dairy products are prepared, made and set prior to being shipped to customers leading to stores shelf.
no orientation/ no training /no communication
maimtenance (Former Employee), decatur,INDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: the boss and his son
Good job,easy job provided you know what your doing.No communication takes place between shifts and the managers have by far seen better days in their careers And that's questionable . Very unorganized, I have never personally seen a department work so well against themselves and the MOST important upper management and decision making skills .the only perk to the job was free ice cream and yet that was unclear everyone takes it no one fills out the order sheet for the 25 $allowance given to each employee and no one questions it yet if you get caught your fired. They fired employees in the past only to rehire them...they quit.the wild wild west .
I wish I had never gone to work there
prefer to remain anonymous (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: cannot think of any
Cons: too long of a list
Over worked and horrible underpayed unless you are in the union. Then you get all the perks, if you work at DFACC you are screwed. Management is horrible. You don't get squat unless you know somebody, then they will kick you to the curb. Lots and lots of turnover as people are NOT HAPPY at the DFACC
Productive workplace
Administration Asst. (Former Employee), Franklin ParkDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free milk and icecream
Tasting of new dairy products before the hit the store isles
such as milk and ice cream
Unsupportive Staff
Former Employee (Former Employee), Boise, IDDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work/life balance is reasonable.
Cons: poor management - employees run the managers.
A lot of turnover in the office. Out of date office furnishings, equipment and technology. Environment is friendly to hostile. An experience I wish I would have skipped, for sure. Once employees realize the circumstances of working there, they move on. Pay is low and benefits are just "fair".
Great Company
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and free milk and ice cream
I wish I had never left there. The Johnson City location is great, with wonderful coworkers.
Worst place to work
production operator (Former Employee), Lynn MA.November 9, 2014
The pay is every other week
The Health plan is expensive
This company is Dirtty and unkempt
Client Technology Analyst II
Client Tech Analyst II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere and personnel to work with.
Cons: jobs being outsourced
A typical day at work involved the troubleshooting of hardware and software users at the end user level. Perform troubleshooting of local and network printers via phone and remote access sessions.
Participate in meetings involving upgrades and installation of new software over the network and via software catalog.
Management was very involved, yet at the same time allowed us plenty of room to make decisions involving how we performed our work.
My teammates are some of the bes IT personnel I have had the honor and privilege to work with. I have learned a great deal from my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was traveling performing PC refreshes in Mountain and Pacific time zones.
Best part of my job was using technology to help an end user perform their job in a more efficient manner.
Filler Operator (Former Employee), kingsport tnOctober 16, 2014
Great place to work. Union, great benefits, good pay, advancement opportunities, Hate that they closed the plant.
Large office several departments
Customer Service Manager Dean's Ice Cream (Current Employee), Batavia, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: industrial area
New challenges. Learned a lot of distribution.

The management was very willing to work with you.

The hardest part of the job was the language barrier.

Everybody was very welcoming.
Great Company to work for!
IC Freezer Worker (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: everything
I worked for this company for a few months. thru an agency. coworkers were great worked with both shifts. great supervisors, I hope to go back soon.
Productive and friendly environment. Feel like working with family members. Love it.
SQL SERVER DBA CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: all seems pros to me
Cons: no cons seen so far
Very family kind of environment. Everyone will respect you and they are very respectful as well. Great place to work for.

1 2 3 4 5