Dean Health System

Dean Health System United States Employee Reviews

Major Changes Not In Favor Of Dean Employees
Clinic Staff (Former Employee), MadisonJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: breaks???
Merger with hospital looks like many of the nice things about working at Dean will go away and uncertainty about the new "benefits" and policies. Current staff training (other than the system training) is haphazard at best. Co-workers for the most part seem to be team players.
Micro Managed-horrible hours
Contact Center Rep (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 18, 2014
You are told one thing in the interview and then once you are in the position it is completely different. hours are all over. working until 11 at night and then expected to be in at 6am the next day.
a lot of multi-tasking
Charge Review Rep (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: getting a better understanding of medical field
Cons: more money
a typical day was 6am - 4:30pm. I learned a lot everyday and every hour because rules and applications were changing all the time. management was ok. my coworkers were great and a good team atmosphere. the hardest part of the job was getting everything done in the 8 hr day. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and being able to answer people's questions
Laid back atmosphere
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 11, 2014
I was given a lot of freedom to complete tasks as I saw fit. Was great to know that the Directors had that much faith in my work ability.
Relaxed atmosphere
Workers Compensation Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: they have a very casual dress code
Cons: not able to keep up with their work standards
A typical day at work would be to send out claims, process incoming mail, take incoming and make outgoing calls.
I enjoyed the work and the customers we helped, external & internal.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to accomplish something that day without management harping to do more, go faster.
Most of my co-workers were very negative and it was hard to work in that environment so this among the push to get work done was the hardest part of the job.

After many changes to the system and ways of tracking things, they really went more for production then accuracy I feel.
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 23, 2013
Drawing patients, drug screens and collecting specimens. I'm going to be taking my ASCP test for MLT. My goal is to start using my degree as a MLT.
Fired most mid-management who were higher paid/longest employees regardless of retirement date
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 1, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: assigned cancer abstracting tasks to coders, with no cancer abstracting training.
Physical conditions were less than desirable, smelled musty, very nice co-workers and management as well, though mid-management were all fired.

About Dean Health System

In Wisconsin, health care could be spelled D-E-A-N. As one of the largest integrated health care delivery systems in the country, – Read more