Dean McGee Eye Institute Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
SURGERY SCHEDULER/ PAIENT ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, OKJune 27, 2016
I worked at Dean McGee Eye Institute for a total of 8 years. It was a family atmosphere work place. Both the Doctors and the staff were incredible to work with, and I learned a lot from everyone. I would have worked there for as long as I could, but I have moved out of state. The management were great to work under and always tried to help you better yourself as an employee.
Pros
Very laid back work place
Cons
low end on the pay table compared to similar jobs
Typical day at work
Patient Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2016
Very fast pace & busy environment. Most staff not team workers and not responsible adults. Not enough help when needed. Many situation are not fair, pay is not nearly enough for the amount of work done.
Pros
Nice and clean environment.
Cons
Not enough help
Fast paced clinic with some very knowledgeable doctors
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2016
Everyday is a fast paced environment. Dealing with eyes you see so many different issues on a daily basis. Some days are better than others, but management needs to change their ways.
assistant of physicans
Doctor Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2015
I worked for multiple doctors, I helped the doctor prepare the patients for injections for macular degeneration, prepared the room before the clinic started, helped keep the doctor on track with which room to go in next
Not enough time to fully be trained.
lane assistant (Former Employee) –  okc, okJanuary 26, 2015
I worked for DMEI for a short time. I loved my job at first. Then when we would get busy I would be sent to help a different doctor. Later to be cursed at because I didn't know how to do certain things. Needless to say would have loved to stayed and moved up in company but wasn't going to be treated in such manner.
Pros
helpful employees
Cons
not enough time to train, short breaks/ if you get one, parking across busy street.
Enjoyed my work & productivity that I produced
Collector & biller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2014
I was very busy during the day at DMEI. They see a lot of patients and do a lot of surgery. I was in change of Indian Health, collections on my accounts and I specialized in surgeries for eyes & Neuro-othalmologist. As with anywhere, we had some good employees and some not so good employees. I always was taught you work 8 hours & you get paid for 8 hours...The hardest part of the job was getting management and the doctors to sign off on things that needed to be recoded or trying to find the medical records
Pros
the differential shifts. going in a 7:00 & leaving @ 4-5 with a day off
Cons
different things
Ability to work independantly with flexible work schedule
RELEASE OF INFORMATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2014
My day was always very busy, never a moment to wonder what should I do now. I learned how to handle customers (patients) with concerns about how to get records for themselves or their attorneys or other physicians. The management was basically hands-off unless you needed assistance. The co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was getting everything done within the time limits. The most enjoyable part of this position was the satisfaction of helping others.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not enough consistancy with the company polices
Like working face to face with patients
Patient Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2013
Checking patients in and out of the clinic, having a relationship with patients that come in on regular bases.
A fun work place with
Patient Appointment Coordinater (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2012
Phones start ringing as soon as I log in. I answer phones, schedule appointments, help patients with any questions or problems they may be experiencing, if i can't help, I seek the help the answers for them, helping them feel more at ease. I take messages for the doctor's and make sure I do call backs. I copy medical records for other doctors offices and make sure they get put in the mail. To end the day I file back the days charts.
Pros
great management, working with the elderly, fun working environment.
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Dean McGee Eye Institute?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dean McGee Eye Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9