Dearborn National Employee Reviews in United States

Dearborn National Review
Dental Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 22, 2016
People were great to work with & benefits were very good. Highly stressful to meet production numbers. Supervisors for the most part didn't have any clue as to how to work claims, deal with the challenges with claims, etc. VERY HARD to hit the numbers to get an annual raise. I never got one. Excessive micro-management by supervisors. Would never go back.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, Favoritism
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 2, 2016
It was a typical day of working. Very Stressful when it came to calls being coached. Management was terrific and supportive.
Great atmosphere and people very friendly.
Membership Processor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 23, 2016
Would have loved this temporary position to have gone permanent. Very friendly environment, management very approachable, excellent training.
Customer Service
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 9, 2015
Colorado Bankers provided me with a great star to the financial industries business without requiring any licensing but the offer to get if you'd like, which I took advantage of!
Pros
Get off at 3 pm on Fridays
Cons
short breaks
Productive work environment with good people
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2015
Processing dental claims at a pace to meet production goals with the daily tasks set. Production and accuracy are major points in the line of work. Employees make is easy to get along in the day and are close to each other. Claims of the new insurance can't be processed on the systems but have a special way to go through, so this makes it very difficult to achieve your numbers if the claims you pull are this type of insurance.
Pros
Charity events, employees, excellent benefits, reasonable hours
not the best place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 22, 2015
I would recommend working only in the following areas, were the best leadership exists:
Operations
Underwriting
Finance
Dentamax division
Can not recommend any other area.

Pros
Free coffee
Good compensation and benefits
Owned by Heath Care Service Corporation (parent of BCBS of IL, TX, NM, OK and MT)

Negatives:
Too many toxic leaders are allowed to break most leadership rules. Mutual respect not practiced, temper control issues are common, too much backstabbing, all employees are required to take compliance and diversity training yearly, it has no impact on many in leadership. Way too much politics.
Convenient in Location
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 16, 2015
Great benefits! Not so great for advancement. Take a lot of calls. You really have to know people there to go far. There is a lot of information to retain and a lot of information changing quite often. Position is very fast past.
Great place to work.
Document Management Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 5, 2014
I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day and look at dental claims all day while verifying patient covers during their dates of service at the dentist office. The hardest part of my job is everyone communicating cleary with each other so that we're all on the same page on how to do our job.The office is a great place to work, everyone is friendly and the benefits are nice. Just wish the pay was a little more.
Pros
great benefits, fun atmosphere, privacy
Cons
low pay
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 7, 2014
Staff and management is great. Trainning avaliable if you are without skills. Typing required. Excellent benefits
Pros
training and benefits
Cons
boring
Computer based work with easy going atmosphere
Examiner/Processor/Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 19, 2014
Processing dental claims that require research, generate letters for provider and members. Make phone calls to Provider offices to verify information when needed, and other insurance offices to get more information to complete a claim. Sometimes the hardest part of the job would be hitting the numbers everyday for quota, but I enjoy doing the research and working with all the detail.
Pros
flexible schedule, paid time off, management will to work with employees on situations
Cons
all desk work no getting up really
I was on a work assingment for 3 months
Claims Examiner Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 25, 2014
I found it a very learning experience because I had the opportunity to work in a health insurance invironment.
Pros
experienced of medical/health insurance
Awesome to work for!
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Dearborn is an outstanding company to work for. Excellent benefits and promote a very positive work environment. Management teams really do all they can do to help you succeed.
Pros
communication, pension, advancement
Cons
sit at desk through shift on phones.
great
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 24, 2014
loved working there, great team and group activites. training and development always helpful
Best place to work around for Healthcare Industry with most productive and resourceful to compnay in liner managment and emaployee.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2014
This project involves Web based Java application for Healthcare Group, Testing involve end to end, manual SDLC cycle and UAT testing for project in automation environment, using HP Mercury QTP and defect tracing Rational tool.
productive and fun comany
Claims Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 7, 2014
This company is "Best Place to Work " I would recommend this company for anyone to work
life insurance
Marketing Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2013
does not care about there long time employees. the management personnel does not communicate very well with the employees either. I loved working with my peers.
insurance breakdowns
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the members with understanding their insurance benefits.
Pros
office environment, health benefits
Cons
short breaks call center
Old systems, poor management
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers GroveSeptember 27, 2013
Systems are old and there can be a lot of bureaucracy. Managers don't know how to motivate people, instead resorting to sarcasm, condescension, pettiness, or bullying. Projects never finish on time but the ones most responsible are never the ones held accountable. Benefits are good but pay is not competitive for the region. Their compliance hot line promises anonymity but doesn't deliver. Leadership at parent company definitely has a political point of view, repeating unsubstantiated talking points, and asks employees to vote against their own best interests.
Pros
flex time, benefits
Cons
old technology, management, pay
Good workplace going downhill due to interference by parent company.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 17, 2013
Good workplace going downhill due to interference by parent company.
Used to be a family oriented company
Group Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 13, 2013
Arrived at work and began my daily activities. Ran reports, processed quotes and proposals. Helped Co-workers, helped train new department hires. I loved working with my Sales Representatives and got along well with everyone. Was a very well adjusted department with little supervision as everyone did their jobs. We would have team building events semi annually. Every day was a learning experience with either new instructions on how we were changing this procedure or that one.
Pros
flex time
Cons
massive layoffs

2.8