Deb Shops Employee Reviews

summary of DEB Clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILSeptember 24, 2016
So they were really unorganized. I wasn't even on schedule, like ever, during my whole time here. I would have to call everyday and get my schedule. they manager would always argue with her employees and again things were just never organized.
Pros
discount clothing
Cons
the whole experience overall
Productive fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 16, 2016
Increased sales, lowered shrink results, and controlled payroll expenses  Trained a team into being responsible and accountable for their actions  Made sure storefront displays and windows were to company standards
Pros
GREAT DISTRICT MANAGER GREAT CHANCES TO ADVANCE TO HIGHER POSITIONS
Cons
NEVER REMODELED STORE
Great work enviroment
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 8, 2016
High energy active day. There was always plenty to do and people to speak to. Management was good and very knowledgeable. The staff worked great together ensuring all daily tasks were done in a timely manner.
Pros
Very high energy store
Cons
management no breaks
Fun work place. Not a very demanding job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 7, 2016
This was a nice job while I was a student, it gave me a paycheck while in school and the flexibility to have personal time between work and school.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Very short shifts
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYSeptember 6, 2016
I loved working at debs, working with the associates and the customers. Debs was very fast paced and you had to multi task most of your day. I was the full time assistant manager so I was in charge of the store when the manager was off. Meeting our daily goals, keeping the associates up beat and excited. Debs was defiantly a team oriented company and everyone worked together to achieve our goal. So everyone had to get along.
Pros
Full time, insurance, great co workers
Cons
Retail hours
Nice store/products
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAAugust 10, 2016
a good place for young people as first or part time job to gain some skills; could use stronger management/leadership. love the merchandise
productive work enviorment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Audubon, NJAugust 5, 2016
Overall good job.Gained customer service experience. Good managment and co workers The hardest part of the job was shipment and sales updates. The most enjoyable part of the job was, building relationships with all kinds of people.
Pros
gained customer service experience
Cons
short breaks
Fun excitable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for Debs, everyone I worked with were nice and outgoing. Management was great, once I was hired in they made me feel welcome and made sure you were taught everything about the register systems and etc. A typical day at work was helping customers find exactly what they needed and more. You get to meet new people everyday as well.
Pros
Discount for employees was 50% off
Cons
On call shifters were constantly called in
Always on the Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 27, 2016
Was a great place to work, Always busy work: Handling Shipment, Cleaning, Always re-organizing, great customer service and people to work with. Very fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, always sneak peak at latest fashions.
Cons
Short break, displeased customers.
deb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 15, 2016
I worked for deb for 4 years and I enjoyed working here. i worked here through high school and college, and management worked with my school scheduled.

Want to know more about Deb Shops?

Ask a question
okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 5, 2016
Hard to advance, rapid change of co-workers, self learn environment, its an okay place to work to learn the basics of retail.
T in Teamwork
Customer Service Professional/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2016
A typical Work day at Deb's started with a Morning bank run with the Store Manager.Where we would make bank deposit and got change for the store if needed. The Store Manager and I then headed back to the store, to get it ready for business that day.While working there I got promoted to Key Holder.I learned so more.I learned how to manage the store, team work, patients and how to conduct great customer service for the customer. And how to handle myself in a professional manner. I loved working with my co-workers. we put the T in teamwork, we work together to get the job done.the most enjoyable part of working for Deb's,is when we had a fashion show for High School Prom. We had models to come in the dress up in Prom dresses and show them off.
Pros
great co-works
Cons
company went out of business
Fun and Fast paced
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 29, 2016
A typical day here is fast paced with a lot of movement. Very friendly atmosphere where you interact daily with customers as well as coworkers. Great, fun environment.
Fun and Unique place to work in
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 27, 2016
I met so many new people from so many different walks of life while working here and made relationships I never would've formed anywhere else but there. On a corprate level there was many issues that effected the chain and every single store as a whole.Yeah, we got screwed when they went bankrupt and promotions were next to impossible to get, but it was a blast working there. I loved my coworkers and the fun uplifting environment I got to work in everyday.
Fashion!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 24, 2016
I love my job at Deb Shops, it was the easiest retail Job I've ever worked. Typical day at Debs is greeting each customers that walk in the store and telling them about our daily promotions. I enjoyed working with customer who needed my help. I love knowing our inventory because it made my job easier, I knew where things were and I was able to help customers get what they needed right away. The hardest part of my job was, working my best and knowing that the Store Manager was not working at all or even following store policies, it bothered me a lot because the store would've been great with a great Leader. What I've learned working here was, overcoming my fear of talking directly to customers and becoming a PRO at doing "Add-Ons"!!
Pros
GREAT DISCOUNT, good first job
Cons
BAD SUPERVISORS = BAD TRAINING, low pay
Productive, hard-working, and orderly business
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJune 16, 2016
I truly enjoyed working here at the Deb Shop. It was very unfortunate that we went out of business but I personally learned a lot from the time I was employed and it was a great first experience in retail. I learned how to work as a team to accomplish things, take responsibility and work under stressful conditions successfully. My managers were also very understanding and helpful and I believe they are a major key to my retail success. My co-workers were also very useful and helpful. Whenever a load of work was to be done, no matter how short of staff there was, they always found a way to help.
Pros
Luncheons, Planned trips outside of work, Lasting Friendships
Cons
Breaks were too short, short staff on occasions
Not a comfortable environment
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCJune 8, 2016
Lead-person was so negative towards the employees.
I learned how to keep my thoughts to myself.
Never met with a Supervisor.
Co-workers were cool to work with.
Just showing up for work was all I could do.
Did not like this job, but I had children to support.
Great place to work a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNMay 26, 2016
Working at Deb shops was really fun. It was my first job and it taught me about the retail world. Refolding and picking up clothes off the floor was stressful, but overall I liked it and working with nice people was also good.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
The A.C didn't work
Retail is Retail
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 20, 2016
Prom, homecoming and graduation season were AWSOME! You'd watch customers try on wonderfull gowns. typicall say was fast paced , mangment SUCKEDDD! Co-workers were great , youd had the lazy ones but overall great . Hardest part wa being an associate but knowing all mangment duties and not being able to say anything when managment lacked responsiblities. Best part was clocking out each day !
Pros
managment was very understanding, work 40hrs weekly as an associate
Cons
no room for growth in the company, those 40hrs a week would equal to nothing
My First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2016
My first job was working as a sale's associate at Deb. I was happy to go into work because everyone who worked there felt like a family! It was a great place to work and shop. I was so sad to see the company go out of business.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere

2.9