Deb Shops Employee Reviews

Closed Down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 13, 2017
Deb was a wonderful store to work at with amazing coworkers, but unfortunately they filed for bankruptcy and went out of business by the middle of 2015.
No longer in existance
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19114August 11, 2017
Was A great place to start working I was trained By a very knowlegable manager who I still have yet to meet there match as far as mechanical and electrical ability very well rounded and a great manager. New how to get the job done with minimal time and effort. And was able to build a great team and taught me what dedication actually means. They closed many 25+ years after I had left.
Pros
Great place to start to learn my trade
Cons
Buisness did not move with the times I guess
mundane and boring
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 11, 2017
Same stuff every day. Staff is very unpleasant. Loved helping people shop. Customer service is minimum from most employees. Good place for young high school kids starting their first job
Great, but they are out of business now
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 9, 2017
DEB no longer is in business, it has become a solely online store. It was a fun and easy job. It was the job I got when I was just sixteen. I loved it and miss it.
Great staff and management and worked well with everyone on the team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 8, 2017
i learned many new great skills as of learning to use the cashier and practice communications skills. i also enjoyed the work team environment. The hardest part of the job would be inventory.
Pros
great location
Cons
no 15 minute breaks
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2017
This store was a good place to work at. I typically worked as a cashier but also assisted in putting out freight and watching the dressing room which allowed me to help customers more. This company went bankrupt.
Best job ever
Closer/ Sales assoc (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 17, 2017
I loved my job here very much.great place to work and great people.. productive and peaceful place to work.sad they closed down due to bankrupsty.....
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJuly 17, 2017
I loved working there. I loved the people I worked with and for. It's a shame they went bankrupt. They did however take care of their management team until the end. As long as we stayed we received a bonus.
Long hours with poor pay and unprofessional management.
Was customer service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 13, 2017
My experience with Debs shops, was not the best. I worked long hours, for poor pay. Management was unprofessional and did not provided helpful tips while training.
Nice company. Have since Closed I believe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 5, 2017
Great retail experience and loved the promotion system. I learned a lot while working here. and I was able to acquire management experience as well. I met a lot of great employees and really enjoyed the merchandising and the marketing aspect of this position.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor product quality
Strict
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 3, 2017
Business was very slow. Managers felt that they were better than everyone. They had the most strict policies, which is okay but they were overboard. You had to be walked out of the store, like you were being punished, when your shift was over.
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJune 30, 2017
Deb is where I started sales. I loved it from day one because my mangers and co workers where great teachers and it was a great place to move up. They when out of business so I started at Claires along with some other co workers,
Deb's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 27, 2017
I worked as the sales associate, helping customers and cleaning the store. Put away clothes and working stock. The hardest part was that some customers were very rude
Pros
The People
Cons
hours
boring work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lanesborough, MAJune 26, 2017
was a terrible store now it is out of business i would not recomend for anyone to work there if they were to re open. was just an overall a terrible job..
Great manager!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJune 16, 2017
During my time at Debs Shop, I had 3 different managers. Each was different with different training skills. But I appreciated each and every one of my managers and co-workers. It was a very fun place. I also enjoyed the employee discount!
The Deb Shop
Up sales (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 6, 2017
I would have to say a normal work day in retail is always fast past, trying to make sure you communicate and please every customer that walk is in. There where daily numbers that we had to make in our sales but do to my excellent customer service skills, that was never a problem.
I learned more about myself more than anything. I've never had a problem talking to people, but my first job was fast food, where my sales skills weren't needed. So when I started working at retail I was really able to shine.
Bad Company Overall
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2017
Poor work conditions, with no corporate support. Ultimately this is why the company failed.They did not care about the customer, or the employees. There was no teamwork, no benefits, and no contact from the company to encourage long term employees to stay.
Nepotism and other offenses
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19114June 5, 2017
This place went bankrupt and was bought out right after I quit. They start at minimum wage for work that's worth at least $9. It requires a lot of walking around a huge warehouse, climbing ladders, and pushing heavy carts full of product. There is NO sitting. They give you a half hour lunch and two required fifteen minute breaks. You have to clock out to go to the bathroom. While doing this mundane and repetitive job, you're not permitted to listen to music or anything else similar.
Managers are rude and lazy, doing almost no work and sitting down just a few feet away from people that are doing hard labor. Some of the managers were sexist, not permitting women to do certain jobs that got paid more. Men actually got paid fifty cents an hour more than women. There were also managers that would sexually harass the women as well.
No hope to advance position. The union did nothing. 10 cent raise per year.
Cons
short breaks, hard work, poor pay, sexism, harassment, bad management
The job itself was great.
Des Moines - Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 2, 2017
This store has since closed down. But it wasn't the best job to have. They would fire people without replacing anyone so as a new assistant manager, I learned everything on my own because I had no store manager to train me. I was also listed as part time, but i was working 40-50 hours per week because of being short staffed. They didn't move me to full time management because they didn't want to give me the benefits.
It was an ok good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
The job was too stressful and that the supervisor was mean to the staff. They didn't pay us enough for work eight hours and more. They laid everyone off because they shutting down or closing for good