Deb Shops

Deb Shops Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Part-time assistant manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Fun, up beat job selling clothes, shoes, and accessories.
Management is awesome.
The hardest part of the job is working the down times, it's a little slow and you have to keep yourself busy.
Very viberant and fun automosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I have worked here for 3 years. I put so much hard work that I will forever be greatful for. Excellent customer service is what we are all about! We are one big happy family and I am truly going to miss working with everyone.
Lacked structure and organization
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good discount 40%
Cons: lacked structure and organization
I learned a lot by working for Deb. I learned to really investigate who you are going to work for before you accept a position. The Company lacked structure and organization. The way the promotions and signage were done were idiotic to say the least. They would schedule floor sets in the middle of the week on a whim. They wasted money on the wrong things. They wouldn't put a coat of paint on the walls or clean the carpets. It is unfortunate because I will say that I did like the product. I loved the jeans and camis. I had an amazing staff that stuck by me until the store was closed due to being bought out by Gordon Brothers in Bankruptcy Court.
Productive fun enviornment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at Debs would be us providing excellent customer service to our clients, telling them about our sales and promotions, helping them find what they need, and making sure they always leave satisfied.
Easy
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
This job was easy to do. It mostly consists of checking out customers and keeping the store organized. It's definitely not a bad for a first job or for someone in high school that just needs some money.
realized I was good at management and retail merchandising
Store manager (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: merchandise discount, travel, learn new ideals
Cons: worked two or more days a week from open to close(9-9)
great company to learn retail, merchandising, how to work with diversity, how to use basic schedule and budget guidelines
Struggling company making great progress but not enough time to get there.
District Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the company. The company was making great progress in people, merchandise, and the overall operations of the company were being restructured. Best work life balance that I have experienced.
Decent Coworkers
Home Office (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor healthcare, no 401k match
Over time I had the opportunity to work with some wonderful people. The amount of decent hard working people outweighed the bad.
Typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grandville, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: have a great discount on all full price items and working with great co-workers and the public.
Cons: being unable to take sick days if you are below full time.
Enter the store with a smile on your face as you're greeted by our "front of store" person for the day followed by clocking in and having your stuff locked up by a manager. After you have looked at the dashboard for the day you then go to your station and start to complete the daily tasks such as in the shoe department you will straighten, organize and help various customers find the correct size and style they are looking for. As you continue throughout the day if yu stay till closing time you could be expected the ring customers up and be responsible for the till assigned to you.
A nice place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Deb Shops has been a great company to work for. I have been with the Company for 2 years now and I absolutely love every aspect of it. The DM's were hands on and gave you full opportunity for advancement if that's something that you are looking forward to do. I started as an Assistant Store Manager and was promoted within a year and a half. I am now a Store Manager for this company and I absolutely love it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danville, ILJanuary 2, 2015
I liked working there because of my manager and coworkers. With them work really didn't seem like work.
fast paced, high stress, best learning experience i could have ever gotten.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great discount, wonderful team
Cons: cant leave the store for a break when another manager isnt present, constant heavy workload, low pay
I have worked for the company for 5 and a half years. 4 and a half of which I was an associate. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I feel that I can handle any store if I can do this job. The workload is extremely heavy all the time. Things are always changing. As much as I love this job, I do find it extremely frustrating that the company's demands are so high and they really don't give you many hours to work with, but still expect all tasks to be completed on time. As an associate I was eager to learn every aspect of my position. As an assistant manager, I often find myself stressed and overwhelmed with tasks. I have to write lists to keep track of everything that needs to be done. This job has taught me to multitask, better handle my stress, how to be a good first time manager despite the many bumps in the road. This is not a job for anyone who is unorganized, cant handle high stress levels, or a very fast paced environment.
love working for deb
Store Manager (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDDecember 16, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and my dm
my job is wonderful, the reason I am looking is our store is closing in january
Overall it was a fantastic work environment with decent hours.
Sales associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: fantastic team!
Cons: small amount of hours.
A typical day at work is anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, it was mostly assisting the customer with fitting rooms and fashion tips and of course charging purchases, and returning cloths back to their proper racks and stands. I learned how retail mainly works and how different it was from my previous fast food job. I learned how to do retail shipments and the systems for retail as well. My management team was overall a decent team, they were cooperative and understanding for the most part but could have been a little better at managing the allotted time for scheduling. My co-workers were absolutely wonderful, great team of workers, very friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of my job would be probably learning the new charging systems for retail, and the most enjoyable part was the interaction that working in such a public place would bring.
Working in retail
Sales Associate and cashier (Former Employee), battle creek, miDecember 11, 2014
Very Unorganized and bad management. No benefits and the scheduling was poor. Im glad to have found a better job.
Fun atmosphere where we sell great women's fashionable clothing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 8, 2014
My responsibilities are to align floor strategies with the customer to drive profitability. Coach, train and supervise other assistant managers and sales associates. Control and manage payroll. Ensure stock replenishment and size integrity on sales floor. Visual Merchandising. Daily, weekly, and monthly sales productivity reports.
I have carried the title of Assistant Manager for 7 years with two different companies. I currently work with a staff of nine ladies that are fun, motivated, passionate and have knowledge in fashion. Three of the employees in which I have worked with since the first day of my employment.
The hardest part of the job is finding the "right" candidate/stylist who will be committed to the team. We often find candidates that ask for more hours but are only given of payroll.
DEB is great place as it tries to re-brand it self. People at the top (merchandise/trends.etc) have got GREAT IDEAS!!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Central/Southerm IndianaDecember 2, 2014
In the past year, the changes that DEB has made are phenomenal --- with the merhandisers, GMM, and people in trend department this company could go FAR!!

Allowed to drive the business!
Great Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Goodlettesville, TNOctober 27, 2014
I earned my management experience here. Great women & men to work with..
I enjoyed my time
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioOctober 17, 2014
Pros: workers, pay, discount
Cons: one person coverage, markdowns without scan guns
I didn't mind working there but sometimes it got out of hand. They wanted single coverage in mornings in my high volume store which was also a target store in the top 10 store with highest shrink in the company. Um no. Upper management always left, the time I worked there we went through 3 different presidents of the company and I had no idea who was working at corporate.
good job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), waldorfOctober 10, 2014
Pros: most of everything
Cons: that pay low
This was a fun job and got a lot out of it but ready to get a job that's going to be more stable.

Deb Shops Salaries