Deb Shops Employee Reviews

A fun and laid back place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 6, 2017
I was able to learn about customer service while working with a team of sales associates who were goal oriented and friendly. I loved working there, it was rewarding.
Company went out of business because of upper mismanagment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 26, 2017
Very disorganized company. They kept trying to change the type of retailer they were and it didn't work because upper management was always changing. Too many last minute sales or changes.
First job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 23, 2017
My first job ever and i loved it. there was a great culture to the store and it was very easy going. unfortunately the store went into foreclosure and went out of business
Headache not organized
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastgate OhioOctober 23, 2017
I manage Deb Shops for over five years stayed with the company through one bankruptcy and finally pulled out with the last bankruptcy got recruited by Rue 21 it was the best decision I ever made in my life. He filed bankruptcy now gone and only has online sales for plus clothing only it was the worst company I’ve ever worked for Management team did not work together well sales associates called off every other day it just was not well organized or handled in a professional manner Online sales might be better now but they’re only generated for plus size women
Busy chaotic stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prices Corner, DEOctober 13, 2017
They had a nice selection of fashionable designs prices we're sometimes fair some great deals management could have been a little more professional but overall a great experience in work and life lessons
Company closed
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2017
Worked for the company for over 7 years. Within in those years the company went bankrupt twice. Leaving over 320 employeThat is why I would not recommend DEb Shops.
Sales Associate/ Cashier Part Time (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Very small store but was very competitive amongst other stores in the mall. I enjoyed the discounts that were given. You were able to shop your way and do this comfortably. Everyone their was very supportive
Great company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
Deb shops was a great company unfortunately they went out of business in 2015. I was a cashier and sales associate for the company everyone got along well. If the opportunity came around i would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Flexible for school hours
Cons
Went out of business
Poor work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 9, 2017
This company went out of business in March or 2015 their clothing was cheaply made no raises were offered to employees and no respect was given to those who were in college trying to better themselves
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Short or forced breaks, little to no hours, poor management, rediclous dress code
Not a bad first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MISeptember 6, 2017
Was able to build confidence when talking to customers. Learned how to balance out cash drawers. Also how to get good at selling clothes to customers.
Pros
Dscounts on clothes
Cons
No breaks
mice clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lanesboro, MASeptember 6, 2017
The company is closed. Not sure what my opinon will due to have it re open. It not hirrible to work in retail. Very common job. The store is closed. The store is closed.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 5, 2017
DEB makes you feel like family. Such great communications throughout company! Great coaching experiences! Room to grow and improve with company. Sad they closed.
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2017
i really liked working for Deb good company great DM Prom season was my favorite! would work for this company anytime ! I would rate this company 100%
Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2017
Deb was a nice company to work for. I only left to be closer to home. They had nice fashions and was a fun place to work. Prom season was the best we had beautiful dresses.
Closed Down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 13, 2017
Deb was a wonderful store to work at with amazing coworkers, but unfortunately they filed for bankruptcy and went out of business by the middle of 2015.
No longer in existance
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19114August 11, 2017
Was A great place to start working I was trained By a very knowlegable manager who I still have yet to meet there match as far as mechanical and electrical ability very well rounded and a great manager. New how to get the job done with minimal time and effort. And was able to build a great team and taught me what dedication actually means. They closed many 25+ years after I had left.
Pros
Great place to start to learn my trade
Cons
Buisness did not move with the times I guess
mundane and boring
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 11, 2017
Same stuff every day. Staff is very unpleasant. Loved helping people shop. Customer service is minimum from most employees. Good place for young high school kids starting their first job
Great, but they are out of business now
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 9, 2017
DEB no longer is in business, it has become a solely online store. It was a fun and easy job. It was the job I got when I was just sixteen. I loved it and miss it.
Great staff and management and worked well with everyone on the team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 8, 2017
i learned many new great skills as of learning to use the cashier and practice communications skills. i also enjoyed the work team environment. The hardest part of the job would be inventory.
Pros
great location
Cons
no 15 minute breaks
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2017
This store was a good place to work at. I typically worked as a cashier but also assisted in putting out freight and watching the dressing room which allowed me to help customers more. This company went bankrupt.