DeBoer Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed working for this full truckload carrier
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIJuly 10, 2016
DeBoer Transportation is a nationwide full truckload carrier. While working here I was responsible for scheduling inbound and outbound loads in a 8 state area.
Serious minded/ Safety Conscientious/ Preformance Driver
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIMarch 29, 2016
My typical Day was dealing with company driver/ owner operators, receiving incoming phone calls of Accident(s)/ Incidents(s); the severity of these incidents. Imputing all the necessary criteria into computer system. Making sure that the drivers were aware of company policy and procedure, reinforcing if not.
Following incidents up from current to post dates.
Working with drivers of preventable accidents/ incidents with driver chargebacks.
Working with NON-preventable accidents/incidents, (i.e. 2nd vehicle, hitting a deer.) following up with secondary parties and working claims to resolve claimants dispositions.
Speaking with Attorneys/ Insurance Companies/ Private owners to work a claim and resolve claims.
Working with drivers on OSD matters, communicating with customers of their product and dispositions.
Communicate the needs of the driver, dispatcher, customer service agent, and customer to all involved.

Pre/ Post trip training. Road Testing/ Driver Trainee Upgrade
Worked on identifying what to look for during pre/post trip training. Walk around the tractor trailer and identify what the unit should look like, and what it shouldn't . Identify what to maintain on the vehicle for DOT inspections.
Pros
Learned more about truck driving industry
Cons
Long drives/ Got burnt out
One decision you will definitely regret!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
RUN AWAY...HORRIBLE IN EVERY ASPECT!!! Dispatchers aren't friendly! You will not get paid for break down pay...oh, I forgot -$40 a day (if you're not local)!
set up to fail
safety/orientation (Former Employee) –  Cedar hill txAugust 25, 2015
Very bad company, they squeeze all the money they can out of drivers. Drivers are charged for every little thing. They do not value employees. Pay is low. Structure is non existing. Will be treated like dirt and expect to take it. Many people have quit. Company won't survive. Low miles. Rude driver managers. No communication. No support. Set up
Cons
Great Place to find a career.
Director of Safety (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Excellent company and culture. The executive team truly cares about all employees both Corporate and Drivers. Many great opportunity's for experienced and non experienced.
typical trucking company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  WIDecember 23, 2014
Deboer is a decent company it's not real bad in some areas but not real great either. The site in WI is not cell phone friendly and in the middle of no where, if your truck breaks down and you're in that area prepare to be bored out of your mind. its not up to par with companies like stevens and us xpress as far as home base....only yhe bare minimum and that is just what you get. The pay is always on time at least for me. I didn't like that they waste your time on alot of loads. i would get a 1000 mile run on thursday and it wasn't due til monday. there is always someone you can contact f you have a question but your question may not be answered correctly. the truck are decent not great but if need be you can idle all night. if you keep your fm in the loop he will get you home when you ask. you get to drive the route you want no wasting time going thru small towns if it can be avoided, the have a suggested route but you don't have to follow it unlike us xpress that charges one dollar for each mile over 25 miles out of route.
Pros
on time pay, home time, drive the route you want, no
Cons
time wasting
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIFebruary 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job, being able to see and visit various cities and states.
l
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Managed 4 recruiters.

Being a manager I expect the support and tools to help make the job successful.
was pretty good for a smaller company
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  wisconsinApril 5, 2013
I actually got quite a few miles with them, and they have a miles bonus program-which I actually saw from time to time. Trucks are older than maybe some would care for but my 2006 Volvo ran well while I was their. Left cause I found a run where I'd be home more. Safety will call you if you don't approve logs or if you go over on hours. Treated fairly.
Pros
miles, pay per mile
Cons
age of truck, no apu's
cable tv in drivers lounge
Tractor/Trailer Driver Northern Regional (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIJanuary 30, 2013
under paid,not good vehicle maintenance,nothing enjoyable about the job,learned a lot about safety, management is about average, great coworkers, hardest part of job getting good backloads.
Pros
trucks to take home
Cons
trucks break down too often
truck driver over the road long haul
Long Distance Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  blinker wisJanuary 29, 2013
Good company just looking for better out 7 to 14 weeks kinda long no home time
Pros
good fright
Cons
no home time
Smaller company had a more personal touch with drivers
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Blenker, WIAugust 3, 2012
I learned that a smaller company like deBoer can keep you moving. Got alot of miles with them.
Pros
alot of miles which kept my pay comfortable
Cons
theyre in wisc. hard driving to in winter!!

2.9