DeBoer Transportation

DeBoer Transportation Employer Reviews

typical trucking company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), WIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: on time pay, home time, drive the route you want, no
Cons: time wasting
Deboer is a decent company it's not real bad in some areas but not real great either. The site in WI is not cell phone friendly and in the middle of no where, if your truck breaks down and you're in that area prepare to be bored out of your mind. its not up to par with companies like stevens and us xpress as far as home base....only yhe bare minimum and that is just what you get. The pay is always on time at least for me. I didn't like that they waste your time on alot of loads. i would get a 1000 mile run on thursday and it wasn't due til monday. there is always someone you can contact f you have a question but your question may not be answered correctly. the truck are decent not great but if need be you can idle all night. if you keep your fm in the loop he will get you home when you ask. you get to drive the route you want no wasting time going thru small towns if it can be avoided, the have a suggested route but you don't have to follow it unlike us xpress that charges one dollar for each mile over 25 miles out of route.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Blenker, WIFebruary 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job, being able to see and visit various cities and states.
l
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Managed 4 recruiters.

Being a manager I expect the support and tools to help make the job successful.
was pretty good for a smaller company
OTR driver (Former Employee), wisconsinApril 5, 2013
Pros: miles, pay per mile
Cons: age of truck, no apu's
I actually got quite a few miles with them, and they have a miles bonus program-which I actually saw from time to time. Trucks are older than maybe some would care for but my 2006 Volvo ran well while I was their. Left cause I found a run where I'd be home more. Safety will call you if you don't approve logs or if you go over on hours. Treated fairly.
cable tv in drivers lounge
Tractor/Trailer Driver Northern Regional (Former Employee), Blenker, WIJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: trucks to take home
Cons: trucks break down too often
under paid,not good vehicle maintenance,nothing enjoyable about the job,learned a lot about safety, management is about average, great coworkers, hardest part of job getting good backloads.
truck driver over the road long haul
Long Distance Truck Driver (Former Employee), blinker wisJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good fright
Cons: no home time
Good company just looking for better out 7 to 14 weeks kinda long no home time
driver
driver (Former Employee), Blenker, WIJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: job
enjoyed out over the road, it was a good job to work for. It was good experience to get from this company.
Smaller company had a more personal touch with drivers
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee), Blenker, WIAugust 3, 2012
Pros: alot of miles which kept my pay comfortable
Cons: theyre in wisc. hard driving to in winter!!
I learned that a smaller company like deBoer can keep you moving. Got alot of miles with them.