Deborah Heart and Lung Center

Deborah Heart and Lung Center United States Employee Reviews

Good opportunities for new graduate PA
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Browns Mills, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: poor benefits
Excellent starting position for new graduates. Opportunity for additional responsibilities and new positions. Substandard benefits.
I love working with the children and my coworkers but being a part-time job is not great
Medical Secretary/transcriptionist (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks, can't sit down for four hours.
My coworkers are great and we get along well. The children really appreciate what we are doing. The hardest part of this job is that it is a part-time job.
Great place to work very flexible.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great staff to work for.
Cons: pay scale was low
Was able to move about the company and physicians were eager to teach. Co-Workers will willing to help out.
Deborah Heart and Lung
Medical Secretary (Current Employee), Browns Mills, NJAugust 15, 2014
Pros: meeting such amazing people, learning, employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
Never has a place affected me so much. I've changed and grown so much since I started working at this establishment. I've learned so much from some of the most amazing physicians I've ever known. I've had the privilege to learn about different cardiac arrhythmias, the different types of pacemakers and defibrillators and how they can help improve someone's way of life.
My co-workers are awesome. When I first started this job I was fresh out of school and trying to adapt to the way things are done in the hospital and everyone was so helpful and always had very encouraging things to say to each other. We all work well as a team and I can gladly call my co-workers my friends.
The best and most rewarding part of my job is seeing the patients get their lives back, being able to do the things they have not been able to do in years because of their cardiac issues. It's one of the best feelings in the world.
Challenging & continuous work pace.
Health Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: not a dull moment.
Excellent place to work. Friendly workplace. Great team work between employees.
Wonderful Institution
Registered Nurse (Electrophysiology) (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJJuly 31, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful environment, teamwork
Cons: at times patient acuity was not properly delegated by the charge nurse.
I loved working here! I worked on 3main for 3 years and learned so much. My manager was great and the sweetest lady I ever met. My co workers were awesome. Many of them have worked there over 20 years. The nursing assistants were the best I have ever worked with- very efficient. I loved my patients. I looked forward to going to work every day.
Worked 3-11 care coordinator on Progressive Care Unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJApril 11, 2014
Worked closely with nursing supervisor to place patients being admitted to make admission comfortable for patients. Worked closely with physician to meet needs of patients in Progressive Care setting. Increased knowledge base.
4 Lesser is the BEST
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Browns Mills,NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: no matter whar your position was, everyone helped when needed
Cons: short staffed
a typical day at Deborah consisted of a fast paced environment,always admitting and discharging.I learned to become a very proficient multi-taksing person.My co-workers were and i am sure still are the best i have ever had the pleasure to work with.Always there to help solve the problem,no matter how big or small.The hardest part of the job was being under staffed,being as though our floor(4lesser) was the most busiest.It was always a hassle to get someone to float to offer us some assistance.The most enjoyable part of being employed at Deborah was the level of compassion the supervisors would show.They always let us know exactly how much they appreciated their staff member
RN experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), BrownsmillsJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: coworkers, experience
Cons: hours, pay
DHLC is a great place to work and retain tons of knowledge and experience in both the cardiac and pulmonary aspects of the health care field.

Everyone is easy to get along and work with.

It is a great work environment.
very happy with all aspects of job
Senior Electrician, Includes (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: how everyone worked together
I was the senior electrician at Deborah heart and lung center, I worked on all aspects of keeping the hospitals electrical functions operating efficiently , at all time , with testing , repair , state mandated NFPA, NEC, JACO. Everyone there worked as a team to make sure everything was compliant, and worked. Working with all management personnel .
I enjoyed working and helping people.
Medical secretary/transcriptioniist (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJOctober 16, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with and for.
Cons: very busy office.
I used to get cases ready for doctors by locating charts and cath films ready for their review.

I have typed various reports and enjoyed reading the different histories of people.

I feel I would still be there if it was not for the outsourcing.
Great place to work- pts dont get billed
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Browns Mills, NJMay 26, 2013
Pros: non for profit organization- never billed a pt
My current day is fast paced and ,everyday is different. I've learned special procedures and cardiac catheterization procedures.
Coworkers are great and very intelligent. The hardest part of my job is learning all the different equipment.
Medical Departmental Secretary (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJMay 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches
A small hospital where everyone knows who you are and are truly treat everyone like family. Everyone within every department in the hospital works well together. Just an overall great place to work.
Best Manager I ever had!
Marketing & Managed Credentialing Rep (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJApril 25, 2013
I worked for the Marketing and Managed Care Department.
Wore many hats. I loved touching the new employees through new hire orientation.
I like working with the patients and their families.
Medical Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJApril 10, 2013
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: there seemed to be a lot of arguing between departments.
It is always a busy day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to see the sickness that surrounded the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patient able to go home and enjoy their life once again.
It's a productive and fun place to work
Emergency Room Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee), Browns Mills, NJDecember 24, 2012
Pros: great benefits and job security
Cons: the commute to work is long
There is no typical day at Deborah. Everyday there's something new and different. The most enjoyable part of work is knowing that everybody there puts the well being of the patients as priority.
Daily life
Data entry- Insurance verification and referrals (Former Employee), Browns Mills, NJDecember 13, 2012
Pros: hours, benefits, mon-fri only
Obtain authorizations for over 30 specialists. Verify insurance coverage via websites or phone calls. Data entry into the patients computerized medical records.Explain to the patients, their medical insurance coverage. Obtain authorizations for in patient and out patient procedures. Loved making the patient feel important and that we cared about them by fighting for them.
housekeeping
Custodial/Hospitality (Former Employee), browns mills njJuly 4, 2012
Pros: got to speak to patient about life
Cons: death occurred frequently in there
Responsibilities included keeping the hospital in excellent condition in compliance with all sanitation laws and procedures. Guest services/Customer service. Running errands. Understanding and upholding all health code requirements. Manage proper receiving, rotation and storage of products some hazardous. Gathering, washing, ironing, folding, inspecting, and mending all of the linens used by their facility. Responsible for maintaining the appearance and sanitation of all areas in a hospital, including wards, diagnostic testing rooms, waiting areas, staff areas, examination rooms, and operating rooms. Responsible for attending to the floors, windows, walls, and examination surfaces in any and all of these areas. Disinfect the rooms with specialized cleaning agents meant to kill germs and prevent the spread of disease and illness. Disposing of trash, recyclables and medical waste according to hospital policies and procedures. Responsible for scheduling routine maintenance of repairs of heating, cooling, water, and sewage systems. Assisting professionals while present in hospital.
Wonderful place to work, Staff great to work with
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Browns Mill New JerseyFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: lunch supplement
Excellent repore with Physicians