Deborah Heart and Lung Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Worked as a Registered Nurse and received patients that had cardiac catheterizations and vascular procedures done. Managed and pulled arterial and venous lines. I was also floated to the EP unit where I cared for patients who had electrophysiology studies/procedures done such as pacemaker/AICD placements, cardioversions, ablations, etc. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performed appropriate and legible documentation, recorded all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care.
great work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJApril 29, 2016
great work environment with great staff. doctors are willing to work with staff to provide the best patient care. I would recommend this place to anybody.
Attention to the right things!
Unanimous (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJDecember 15, 2015
I've worked at Deborah for a number of years, and I have to say that they have their priorities right. Great patient satisfaction, great, supportive culture, and great co-workers. I've worked at other hospitals, but none like Deborah. Keep up the great job!
Pros
Supportive Culture
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
You have to drink the kool aid
technician (Former Employee) –  brownsmillsOctober 14, 2015
You can not offer any new or advanced ideas. Technology is well behind most other hospitals. Free thinking is discouraged. You are told to smile and be happy because the patient may have a rich relative who may donate money to Deborah. Physicians on fellowship find themselves performing procedures by hand rather than using robotics that they were using as interns.
Pros
Physicians are good inspite of archaic thinking of their mentors.
Cons
If you come from another hospital the refusal to accept change is staggering
Family Oriented Organization, great place to work.
Administrative SecretaryPayroll Secretary (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, New JerseyOctober 19, 2015
Deborah Heart and Lung Center in Browns Mills New Jersey, is a great place to work.

Caring organization, family oriented and employees are there for years.
Pros
Free lunch for years for employees and then reduce to half price.
Cons
job placement after school.
Fabulous organization worthy of working for!
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton Road, Browns Mills, N>J.October 11, 2015
Every day was a new experience. When one deals with the
public in need of assistance due to ill health there are
different challenges to overcome. This is a phenomenal facility
that now treats several different areas of patient health. When I
was employed with them, mostly heart problems were the main issue.

Experiences also change constantly when one attempts to raise
capital for hospital to be enabled to perform all necessary
actions to see, possibly admit patients and do all necessary
surgeries needed.

The most difficult part of my position was when a patient was
denied admission to the hospital. There were times when I was
heartbroken, but, I had to accept their decision.

My co-workers were my secretary, and volunteers who provided
their services upon request.

I loved every moment of this position.
Pros
Dealing with and solving problems with patients.
Cons
State travel.
Awesome place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJAugust 10, 2015
DHLC is a great place to work. Management is very present and make sure their staff are taken care of, from making sure there is needed help on busy days, taking collections for staff members who become ill or lose loved ones, and even making sure everyone gets a lunch break at a decent time. All staff are friendly, smiling and helpful! Whether its teaching a newer employee something new, helping an overwhelmed coworker, or just showing a visitor to the room they are looking for - someone is always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of caring for others and helping someone to recovery after a procedure or illness.
N/a
Dish Room Generalist (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJOctober 14, 2015
Working here was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. Management was awful. The last few months of working there I felt I was being harassed by management and even went to HR. Unfortunately HR did not resolve anything.
most amazing coworkers, friendly staff
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJSeptember 7, 2015
This place is kind a like a home. Co-workers treat each other like family. Management ,like everywhere ,is all abut business. The staff all over the hospital greats you with a smile and "Hello"
It is a very educational place to work especially if you want to be in the healthcare field
Departmental Secretary (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJMay 2, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would get in at 8am and print out the reports that the nurses need to work on for the day, do all of my data surveillance spreadsheets, sometimes the nurses will take the time out to explain certain operational procedures, management comes down or call every other day to find out what is going on in the department, my coworkers are a joy to work with, there is no part of my job that is hard, and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the outside companies to perform my job duties. You find out a lot of interesting things.
Pros
Discount of tickets, lunches, meeting new people
Benefits
Wonderful Institution
Registered Nurse (Electrophysiology) (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJuly 31, 2014
I loved working here! I worked on 3main for 3 years and learned so much. My manager was great and the sweetest lady I ever met. My co workers were awesome. Many of them have worked there over 20 years. The nursing assistants were the best I have ever worked with- very efficient. I loved my patients. I looked forward to going to work every day.
Pros
friendly and helpful environment, teamwork
Cons
at times patient acuity was not properly delegated by the charge nurse.
I love working with the children and my coworkers but being a part-time job is not great
Medical Secretary/transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJDecember 4, 2014
My coworkers are great and we get along well. The children really appreciate what we are doing. The hardest part of this job is that it is a part-time job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks, can't sit down for four hours.
Daily life
Data entry- Insurance verification and referrals (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJDecember 13, 2012
Obtain authorizations for over 30 specialists. Verify insurance coverage via websites or phone calls. Data entry into the patients computerized medical records.Explain to the patients, their medical insurance coverage. Obtain authorizations for in patient and out patient procedures. Loved making the patient feel important and that we cared about them by fighting for them.
Pros
hours, benefits, mon-fri only
4 Lesser is the BEST
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills,NJJanuary 27, 2014
a typical day at Deborah consisted of a fast paced environment,always admitting and discharging.I learned to become a very proficient multi-taksing person.My co-workers were and i am sure still are the best i have ever had the pleasure to work with.Always there to help solve the problem,no matter how big or small.The hardest part of the job was being under staffed,being as though our floor(4lesser) was the most busiest.It was always a hassle to get someone to float to offer us some assistance.The most enjoyable part of being employed at Deborah was the level of compassion the supervisors would show.They always let us know exactly how much they appreciated their staff member
Pros
no matter whar your position was, everyone helped when needed
Cons
short staffed
very happy with all aspects of job
Senior Electrician, Includes (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJanuary 4, 2014
I was the senior electrician at Deborah heart and lung center, I worked on all aspects of keeping the hospitals electrical functions operating efficiently , at all time , with testing , repair , state mandated NFPA, NEC, JACO. Everyone there worked as a team to make sure everything was compliant, and worked. Working with all management personnel .
Pros
how everyone worked together
I like working with the patients and their families.
Medical Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJApril 10, 2013
It is always a busy day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to see the sickness that surrounded the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patient able to go home and enjoy their life once again.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
there seemed to be a lot of arguing between departments.
I enjoyed working and helping people.
Medical secretary/transcriptioniist (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJOctober 16, 2013
I used to get cases ready for doctors by locating charts and cath films ready for their review.

I have typed various reports and enjoyed reading the different histories of people.

I feel I would still be there if it was not for the outsourcing.
Pros
the people i worked with and for.
Cons
very busy office.
Great place to work- pts dont get billed
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJMay 26, 2013
My current day is fast paced and ,everyday is different. I've learned special procedures and cardiac catheterization procedures.
Coworkers are great and very intelligent. The hardest part of my job is learning all the different equipment.
Pros
non for profit organization- never billed a pt
Good opportunities for new graduate PA
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Excellent starting position for new graduates. Opportunity for additional responsibilities and new positions. Substandard benefits.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
poor benefits
It's a productive and fun place to work
Emergency Room Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJDecember 24, 2012
There is no typical day at Deborah. Everyday there's something new and different. The most enjoyable part of work is knowing that everybody there puts the well being of the patients as priority.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
the commute to work is long

4.5