Debt.com Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2016
I have been working at Debt.com for 2 months now and It's absolutely amazing. The people as well as the environment is very friendly. The management is always there to help you in whatever you might need, which is great. As long as you get your main work done, there are always opportunities of implementing your own ideas. The team is very talented and open minded, which makes working at Debt.com a very fulfilling experience. I would totally recommend Debt.com to any of my friends looking for a job.
Pros
Great team, flexible hours, convenient location, innovative business techniques.
Small company atmosphere within a large company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 19, 2016
It's a relatively new company owned by a much larger company that has been around for over 20 years. It's a family in many ways, everyone always willing to help however they can. There's an open door policy where all questions and concerns are addressed.
Pros
Co-workers, work environment
Cons
Healthcare
Great place to work!
Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 12, 2016
If you are looking for a place where you can learn and grow without being micromanaged, Debt.com is the place for you. It’s a small company, so you can really feel like your work is making a difference. If you take initiative, you can really excel here.
Pros
camaraderie, work/life balance, resources to learn and excel at your job
Great place to succeed
Operations (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 11, 2016
Debt.com has only been around a few years but has acquired seasoned talent from various industries especially online marketing. Having this experience helps create the start up vibe but at the same time knowing what it will take to get the job done.

For young professionals either coming out of school or a few years under your belt, Debt.com will give you great industry experience while allowing you to provide input which is rare in any industry.

Office has a dot com feel and the office is laid out so that everyone can communicate and collaborate. Co-workers are fun and helpful and management provides good guidance while not micro managing you.
Pros
Great co-workers, exciting projects, great office
Cons
Benefits are so-so
Great place to work with opportunities to grow
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 5, 2016
Great work environment, very team oriented. Co-workers get along well, management doesn't micromanage and are very receptive to ideas and recommendations.
No Leadership
Business Development (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 2, 2016
The leadership at debt.com is a joke. They do not care about your personal growth and are only out for themselves. I would stay away at all costs.
Pros
Some nice co workers
Cons
no leadership, benefits
Fast-Growing and Autonomous Workplace
Account Manager - Business Dev (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 29, 2016
During my time with Debt.com, the company grew exponentially - both in staff and in actual business and revenues. With this in mind, a lot is expected of you but you are given total freedom to do your job and take any initiatives you wish. No one is breathing down your neck and watching your every move, but if you don't do your job it's immediately known.

I think management is great, although communication between teams could be improved. Pay was decent but their commission plan, particularly for account managers, was lacking and benefits (particularly health insurance) definitely need some improvement.

Overall, I worked with a lot of great people and would recommend this to someone who is looking for a fast-paced job and is willing to take initiative on a day-to-day basis. If you want to succeed there and put forth the effort, there's plenty of opportunity to advance and learn some new things along the way.
Pros
Great, funny and inventive people, room for advancement, new things happening every day
Cons
Benefits aren't great, lack of communication at times
Great place to work!
Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 28, 2016
Excellent place to work, the company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities. Great team everybody is collaborative and friendly, no micro-management, CEO, COO and the rest of the directors are really good and supportive.

Office is close to Turnpike, 595, a lot of restaurants and shops near by, office space is great.
Pros
Co-Workers / Friendly work environment
Cons
Benefits are average
Good Camaraderie
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2016
One of the best teams I have ever worked with. Whether pushing to complete a project or finding a solution to a problem, we work together toward the common goal. It is a culture and a company I am proud to be a part of.
Business Development
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 23, 2016
Great company to work for. Parent company has been around for over 20 years. Do your job and you will be rewarded. Do not expect to have your hand held. Fun relaxed environment.
Pros
Relaxed, good people, great managers
Cutting Edge
Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2016
If you are looking for a 9-6 day in day out job..this is NOT for you. It is demanding.. you will be pushed.. you will be challenged.

However, you will be praised, rewarded and you will grow to something bigger and better.

The new office space was built special for us. Lots of detail and open floor design was used to keep the place fresh and exciting.. lots of sharing of ideas and nice people to work with. Ideas and differences are valued and credit is shared in this team environment.

It took me a number of interviews and some persistence to get on the team, but it was a great decision for me.
Pros
Environment, Management, Location
Cons
Not a lot of food options in the area
Challenging - Fun Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
I like the new space they are building and there is always something fun going on. Like most "agencies" or companies in "Financial Services" it can be demanding at times, but management consistently appreciates the effort.

Debt.com is an umbrella for a number of companies, so I am sure each can be unique. However, my experience has been that when Sr Management is solid, then everything they oversee will be as well.
Pros
Comprehensive Benefits, Strong Management and an open environment
Cons
Benefits are a little pricey and some feel training could be better, personally I felt my on-boarding was really good.
One of the better jobs I've had in a while
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2016
If you're looking to be micromanaged, this is not the place for you. We come in between 8:30-9AM and stay until 5:30-6PM. If you need more time to finish your work then you stay later. It's pretty simple. Training is limited, but there are enough people around who can be used as resources to help guide you. Normally, people who are hired come with experience so extensive training in that aspect isn't necessary.

Management is good. They recognize when people and the team do a good job. They are helpful, but are not the type to hold your hand.

The company is still in its early stages with a lot of growth coming so there will be growing pains. Think start up backed by a company that's been in business for 20-something years. With that being said, this isn't your typical marketing agency.

Co-workers are great. They are fun and friendly.
Pros
Culture, people, work flexibility
Cons
healthcare, healthcare, healthcare
Great place to work, flexible but very demanding
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2016
Great place, great people, everyone will be glad to help out with the daily tasks. Family environment where the CEO knows you by your first name.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
health benefits
Awful Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
The management at debt.com is clueless. It's a revolving door as they let go of employees constantly because they don't know how to manage them. I would stay away at all costs.
Cons
No leadership, bad health benefits
Poor Leadership
Internet Marketing (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 9, 2016
Very poor management within the organization. Constant turnover and no growth for the employees. I would recommend looking elsewhere for employment opportunities.
Cons
Poor benefits for a company that size. No growth opportunities
Great place!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 6, 2016
I have only been here a few months but really enjoy everyone I work with. Debt.com has a number of sister companies.. all have great opportunities and management.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, culture.
Cons
Benefits are average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Debt.com. Our community is ready to answer.