Decatur County Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INNovember 18, 2015
The people are real nice, it is just a small EMS agency that gets some decent calls. There is a good relation between the ED and EMS.
Professional Work Experoence
Marketing and Communications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INJanuary 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of being a part of the Decatur County Memorial Hospital team, is the wonderful group of co-workers to work with. There is a strong sense of teamwork and passionate care about the patients, visitors and their families.
Workplace
Food Services Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INDecember 17, 2014
The workplace had it's up and down's. I really enjoy working the off-site catering events. The people were great to get along with. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients sick and hurting.
Pros
the people
Cons
the healthcare cuts these days
Fun and productive place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INNovember 12, 2014
I loved working here with my coworkers. I learned a lot in doign dressings, drawing blood and doing EKGS.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
never on time for lunch
Rewarding, self disciplined job, fun coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INNovember 2, 2014
As a Home Health Care Nurse we had Case Management, so each RN was assigned their own patients. This enabled me to establish good, trustworthy relationships with my patients, families and caregivers. Home visits can be challenging at times. You do not have immediate sources to turn to for assistance and can involve independent critical thinking and decision making. My co-workers were very supportive and were resources I felt I could trust and depend on. I loved this job of doing Case Management, getting to know my patients, flexible scheduling and the knowledge and experience I gained. It did involve some stress with the amount of paper/computer work and frequent glitches with the computer software. The software seemed to have affected the billing system causing management to make changes in the department and decrease the staff. After nearly 10 years of employment, I decided to accept the offered severance package and take some time off.
Pros
flexible scheduling, case management with assigned patients
Cons
frequent problems with computer program, too much after hours charting
Excellent place to work with small town, personal care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 24, 2014
Decatur County Memorial Hospital is a wonderful place to work. Your co-workers become your friends quickly if they weren't already. This hospital is going through a lot of changes similar to other healthcare facilities but Administration is constantly leaning on their staff for opinions and feedback. Plenty of opportunities for growth within this organization as an employee and compensation/benefits are great! DCMH alongside the community and other businesses are constantly working together to better the health of the people they serve, raise money for causes that matter and lean on one another for support and encouragement. I would highly recommend this hospital to my peers and anyone searching for employment near Greensburg, Indiana.
Pros
affordable meals, excellent patient care, friendly co-workers
current employee (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 24, 2014
They have great Wellness program, good benefit to offer and great discounts on insurance premiums for participating. Won Healthiest Employer in Indiana in 2013 and 2014. A lot of long term employees that really care about the Hospital and community.
Pros
co-workers, community, wellness, benefits
Cons
healthcare is going through a lot of changes right now that are painful but needed.
If you can't find anything else, DCMH will do until you can find something better.
Director (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 23, 2014
Entirely too many VPs, directors, managers, and supervisors. CEO is clueless and has the worst execution of any person I've ever encountered. The VPs are rubber stamps and don't speak up when they should. The most troubling thing is that management has the "everyone but me" attitude. They think they're exempt from the rules and directives they pass down.
Pros
front line staff great
Cons
management is clueless and mean spirited
Enjoyable atmosphere with great co-workers.
Obstetrical/Gynecological/Nursery staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 17, 2013
At DCMH I work 12 hour/day shift, weekend option. So, my usual day begins with report starting at 0645. Once report is completed, it is time to do assessments on our patients. This changes daily depending on whether or not I am caring for a labor patient, a monitor patient, or a post-partum, or GYN patient. Labor patients are very similar to ICU patients in the fact that they require every fifteen minute monitoring and documentation. If I am caring for a mother and baby, then they are generally assessed either every four or every eight hours. All patients are assessed for pain control every two hours, and hourly rounds are completed to maintain patient satisfaction. I have learned quite a bit from working in this small hospital environment, because we do it all. We care for not only the mother in labor, but also the babies after they are born. This is not an experience that one would get in larger facilities due to the fact that they have seperate units for each type of patient. We have one manager, that I only see at unit meetings, and for annual evaluations, due to my schedule. However she is very fair, and takes each persons life into consideration when making unit decisions. The hardest part of my job is being on call frequently. Due to low census, I am generally on call at least two to three times per month. This makes budgeting difficult at times. The best part of my job is the job itself. Nothing is more fulfilling than bringing new life into the world, and happiness to the families and friends involved.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
low census
Family and friendly work environment
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at work involves trouble shooting end user problems and helping to maintain all systems that are necessary for day to day operations. I am constantly learning and growing as an IT professional, the staff I work with are always teaching me how to better improve myself and other around.
Pros
family oriented, great benefits, great staff
Good Company
ER ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INJune 25, 2013
Good place to work. Good people and good manager.
Job was pleasant, got to meet alot of good people and work with all of good people.
a great workplace atomosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tree City Medical PartnersSeptember 4, 2012
I enjoy working at Decatur County Memorial Hospital. I enjoy all of my co-workers and get along with everyone. My typical day at work consist on picking up and sorting all Physicians mail, scheduling of staff, payroll bi-weekly, daily deposits, verify charges. I enjoy coming to work daily.
awesome hometown hospital
Staff Therapist/Sleep Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 8, 2012
excellent community hospital with 100% patient care as a focus. Best community hospital possible
Pros
small 50 bed hospital
Cons
some of the building is outdated but they are building new

4.3