Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

I hated it worst job ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 5, 2017
Decatur memorial hospital was the worst job I ever had .. it was disgusting an they pick an choose who can do the nasty work or not so much work the nurses there were very rude.. an disrespectful my supervisor was useless she played favoritism an didn't know how to be professional at all I wouldn't recommend this job no know!!!!!!!!
Pros
Eat at Subway with your badge
Cons
Short breaks always paging can't even enjoy breaks
Excellence in Care
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  In HospitalOctober 24, 2017
very fast paced; some good old boy mentality.
Enjoyable interaction throughout facility with other employees.
I learned to do what I can; be honest; let team know needs.
None (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 15, 2017
Could be such a wonderful place to work with a few staff changes. Individuals are in positions they are not qualified for, setting them up for failure.
It's a job with job security
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 15, 2017
There are many staff who like their jobs, but and equal number who don't. The negativity from some employees can become toxic if you allow it. There are many GREAT doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses on staff.
Pros
Benefits are good for the price, but High Deductible
Cons
Negative Employees
They do try...
Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 2, 2017
Let me first say I love my job. The actual job that I do. But the department I'm in, and from what I hear it's company wide, poor management has led to miserable working conditions. I switched to third shift just to get away from the issues plaguing the department on other shifts. If I was staying in Decatur I would stay there because I really do like the job that much. But since I've moved out of town now the low pay and poor management as well as driving 100 miles a day for work for outweigh my love for the job. It's not a horrible place to work by any stretch. But they do have their problems.
Pros
Cafeteria and other discounts, job security
Cons
$2500 deductible on health insurance, morale issues, pay is not up to standard in some departments, management issues.
Fast Paced Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 22, 2017
DMH is a great Workplace for those highly interested in health care. It has a fast paced work environment with great co-workers! The leadership struggles every once in a while, but DMH is on the right track for success!
Very nice place to work
Housekeeper 2 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Working for Decatur Memorial Hospital was a pleasant experience the people we're very nice they offered great pay and a positive working environment. If i ever lived in Illinois i would definitely apply again.
Good Job and Good People
Medical Technologist (Generalist), ASCP (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I worked for 19 years at DMH and they were the best years of my work experience. I learned a lot out of school and built a strong work ethic and friendships that will last forever. I left due to scheduling and then relocation.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
scheduling was not flexible
Only staff member on duty for 322 inmates.
County Jail- Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Provided direct and emeergency tx needed for all inmates Administered medications provided prn tx and nourishments to appropriate inmates. Provided for on going monitors in sick rooms.
Pharmacy Technician/Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2017
I would like to pass on doing a review on this company. It is best to make your own opinion on why you should or should not work there and not base it on what you might read.
Just needed a job.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2017
Was impressed at first with vast technology. Impressions faded quickly as staff was overworked and management failed to care about proper training or concerns. When problems arose, staff would be tossed aside instead of repairing the issues.
Can really be overwhelming
E.R. Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 18, 2017
A typical work day is just trying to do anything you can to make a patient feel that you care and are concerned about whatever it is that brought them in there. I learned a lot with dealing with family members of trauma patients and trying to keep them calm in the situation. There was many different cultures in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the negativity. The most enjoyable part was when you saw that you made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
being able to help people
Fast paced environment and you are rewarded for your hard work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for Decatur Memorial Hospital, at times it is very stressful. The pay raises, benefits and earned time off are far superior to any other job that I have ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Very professional atmosphere
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 28, 2017
Everyone Works as a team usually. From the registration part to the completion of the services that the patients are there for. Sometimes we get backed up due to an influx of orders but everyone gets served as quickly as possible
Good way to earn community service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 13, 2017
I learned much from volunteering. It was a good experience and I learned to work with the youth. It is fun to volunteer and to gain experience in the healthcare field.
Pros
experience
Cons
different treatment for certain individuals
worked in patient care
Aide/Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2017
hardest part of the job was seeing repeat patients who wouldn't take care of themselves. most enjoyable was taking care of people who need a kind compassionate person. workplace was most of the time very close knit and worked well together.
Pros
hard to advance
Cons
managers can lock you into an area
Per Diem
Office Assistant, Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 8, 2017
Being a Per Diem employee allows a person to have great flexibility with the career of choice. The employee can choose short term or long term assignments.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 6, 2017
Loved it the place and the people. i Just wanted to better myself. I just finished school with a degree and going to continue to further my education.
Horrible working conditions
CAFÉ ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ilMay 30, 2017
constant bickering and back biting, nurses and doctors are rude. they taught me that i will never want to make a career there. The management is horrid they never approve any vacations they barely do any work but make their employees work multiple double shifts, there is apparent favoritism.
Pros
If you work a holiday it is time and a half
Cons
no free lunches, no vacations, poor managment
Decent place to work
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 11, 2017
Loved the hours and the flexibility of the hours as well as the unit I worked on. However some of the higher ups are very snotty and think they are to good for people under them.