Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

awesome place to work
LABOR AND DELIVERY LPN/TECH (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 23, 2016
very good place to work, great opportunities for advancements and training. great benefits and community involvements. several opportunities to float throughout the hospital.
Pros
chances to move throughout the system
Cons
supervisors changes often
Good place to work!
Staff Radiographer PRN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 7, 2016
I have been with DMH for 8 years. I love the colleagues I get to work with. DMH also offers competitive salaries and the benefits are great.
DMH Surgical Floor
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 24, 2016
There are some incredibly hard working and caring staff working on the surgery floor. However its very clicky and most staff members are drama and talk about everyone. Its very who knows who, who likes who place. If you can make it though the almost hazing like atmosphere and find your place in the group it gets better. Management is getting better. Call is terrible, too much call with too little incentive.
Pros
Staff really cares about patients
Cons
Amount of call doesnt equal pay
great place to be
RN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2016
DMH is a great place to work. It offers a friendly work environment. Management works hard to see that the staff's needs are met. Benefits are fair and adequate. Pay is reasonable.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 25, 2017
A awesome place to work. They really care about there employess. Everyone works together to get the job done. You would love it there. Pay is OK.....
Pros
Everyone works together
Cons
So of the management, pay
Productive and rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 23, 2016
The typical day at work would be a learning experience when it comes to being introduced to working hospital security on a professional level. I learned how to be more punctual when it comes to observing, report writing on incidents, and safety issues that effect hospital security as a whole. The management team was consistent. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that this was the first security officer job that prepared me for what I am a professional in today. Not only this is my hometown of Decatur, Illinois, but working at Decatur Memorial Hospital gave me a sense of pride and respect as a person and an officer of the field of security, correction, and law enforcement as awhole.
Pros
Prepare me to be the professional that I am today
Cons
N/A
Excellent hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 15, 2016
This is an excellent hospital with first-rate patient care, education, and community involvement. Management involvement and support are mostly positive. Ideas are welcomed.
Pros
education opportunities, excellent patient care
Cons
fluctuations in staff
Great people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed the people that I worked with but the hospital at the time was run by an individual who sought to simply further himself. Has excellent physicians and nurses along with all other staff. Competes well with area hospitals.
Very nice hospital with great employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Have been working at DMH for over four years now, and it has been wonderful. Working 12 hour shifts really gives you a chance to bond with your employees.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
insurance is not all that great
Good place to work with caring employees
Medical Group Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2016
Very busy walk in clinic. Average daily patients about 68. Good place to work. Great co-workers and caring providers. The hardest part of the job was driving in the snow.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Cold and snow
Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INFebruary 27, 2017
Employees were wonderful as well as management. So many opportunities for advancement in the company and pay to give incentive to want to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Admitting/Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2016
Great work environment and wonderful staff. Enjoyed my time there. Administration really appreciates their employees.
I was employed at DMH for 19 years, and enjoyed my work experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I started as an Office Assistant in 1997, and then filled several positions as a Case Manager, Wellness Coordinator, and CMA. They accommodated my schedule, and I was allowed to attend MA school while employed, as well as take some nursing classes.
A typical days work as a MA at DMH Express Care consisted of greeting patients, taking vitals, triaging, entering information into computer, administering medications, POCT, making referrals, and discharging.
Pros
12 hour days allowed days off during the week.
Cons
Not being able to take breaks or lunches on busy days.
good company to work for
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2015
Stressful at times due to senior management. Good fellow employees. Many long term employees. Good benefits. Pay raises are pay for performance.
Pros
nice cafe for lunch, breaks
I didn't like it.
Housekeeper 1 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 24, 2016
I cleaned 53 rooms a day and was paged to clean patient rooms to. I didn't like it at all. The rooms where not getting cleaned right people where getting staff infections and sick, I quit, didn't feel right about it.
A good environment to learn new things every dy.
Post Anesthesia Care Unit and Same day surgery RN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 19, 2015
Had great co-workers made the days not seem so long. Being able to pre op and post op the patients and see them go home rewarding. At times very hard to take when patients did not make it through surgery. Saw many surgeries and learned how to take care very different patients.
Pros
Good benefits good pay.
Cons
Long hours and being on call
An okay place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 26, 2016
My coworkers were great to get along with. The problem was that cna's were given way to many patients to take care of 30 or more. One person cannot give quality care to that many patients.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
given too many patients
I loved my job. Just hard to work with management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I typed operative notes mostly. Acute care and some radiology. I learned how to listen and type and understand ethnic speaking doctors. Management was hard to work with on this job very demanding. Loved my coworkers. They kept raising the amount of work to be procedure each day which was compromising the accuracy of the the documents. I loved all the knowledge that was involved with this job, new treatments, new medications and new procedures, very interesting.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
Working holidays and weekends. Insurance benefits were not good.
Busy, challenging environment
ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 25, 2012
A typical day is extremely busy from punch-in to punch-out. The work is challenging but with severe understaffing, it is nearly impossible to complete it in a timely manner. Patient care frequently suffers. The staff is very friendly and help each other. Management is preoccupied with the bottom line such that they often lose contact with employees and lose focus on patient care.
Pros
friendly, helpful coworkers, good pay and benefits
Cons
tensions between fiscal issues, employee well-being and patient care
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 3, 2013
I liked working here because I like helping people. But working here is almost a joke. Management has their faves, pay not that great, benefits HA! a joke... I loved my girls I worked with. The best part was having a patient come to you and tell you how thankful they are for everything you have done for them. It really makes it all worth while :)
Pros
The girls I got to work with and the nice thankful patients
Cons
Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decatur Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

88%