Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 22, 2017
DMH is a great Workplace for those highly interested in health care. It has a fast paced work environment with great co-workers! The leadership struggles every once in a while, but DMH is on the right track for success!
Very nice place to work
Housekeeper 2 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Working for Decatur Memorial Hospital was a pleasant experience the people we're very nice they offered great pay and a positive working environment. If i ever lived in Illinois i would definitely apply again.
Good Job and Good People
Medical Technologist (Generalist), ASCP (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 15, 2017
I worked for 19 years at DMH and they were the best years of my work experience. I learned a lot out of school and built a strong work ethic and friendships that will last forever. I left due to scheduling and then relocation.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
scheduling was not flexible
Only staff member on duty for 322 inmates.
County Jail- Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Provided direct and emeergency tx needed for all inmates Administered medications provided prn tx and nourishments to appropriate inmates. Provided for on going monitors in sick rooms.
Pharmacy Technician/Courier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2017
I would like to pass on doing a review on this company. It is best to make your own opinion on why you should or should not work there and not base it on what you might read.
Just needed a job.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 23, 2017
Was impressed at first with vast technology. Impressions faded quickly as staff was overworked and management failed to care about proper training or concerns. When problems arose, staff would be tossed aside instead of repairing the issues.
Can really be overwhelming
E.R. Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 18, 2017
A typical work day is just trying to do anything you can to make a patient feel that you care and are concerned about whatever it is that brought them in there. I learned a lot with dealing with family members of trauma patients and trying to keep them calm in the situation. There was many different cultures in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the negativity. The most enjoyable part was when you saw that you made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
being able to help people
Fast paced environment and you are rewarded for your hard work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for Decatur Memorial Hospital, at times it is very stressful. The pay raises, benefits and earned time off are far superior to any other job that I have ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Very professional atmosphere
Medical Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 28, 2017
Everyone Works as a team usually. From the registration part to the completion of the services that the patients are there for. Sometimes we get backed up due to an influx of orders but everyone gets served as quickly as possible
Good way to earn community service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 13, 2017
I learned much from volunteering. It was a good experience and I learned to work with the youth. It is fun to volunteer and to gain experience in the healthcare field.
Pros
experience
Cons
different treatment for certain individuals
worked in patient care
Aide/Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2017
hardest part of the job was seeing repeat patients who wouldn't take care of themselves. most enjoyable was taking care of people who need a kind compassionate person. workplace was most of the time very close knit and worked well together.
Pros
hard to advance
Cons
managers can lock you into an area
Per Diem
Office Assistant, Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 8, 2017
Being a Per Diem employee allows a person to have great flexibility with the career of choice. The employee can choose short term or long term assignments.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 6, 2017
Loved it the place and the people. i Just wanted to better myself. I just finished school with a degree and going to continue to further my education.
Horrible working conditions
CAFÉ ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ilMay 30, 2017
constant bickering and back biting, nurses and doctors are rude. they taught me that i will never want to make a career there. The management is horrid they never approve any vacations they barely do any work but make their employees work multiple double shifts, there is apparent favoritism.
Pros
If you work a holiday it is time and a half
Cons
no free lunches, no vacations, poor managment
Decent place to work
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 11, 2017
Loved the hours and the flexibility of the hours as well as the unit I worked on. However some of the higher ups are very snotty and think they are to good for people under them.
I wouldn't work in security
Security (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 25, 2017
Myself and a couple of others enjoyed working at Memorial except for the one person that seemed to have dirt on management because that person caused trouble , lied about other employees and could do nothing wrong. That employee was always late , lazy , rude, disrespectful , hateful to other security employees . That being the reason why multiple employees left that department. Multiple employees, that were better qualified( combat veterans, veterans) who were told that they didn"t know anything , and that it was real life not a video game in the security department . When management was spoken to about concerns the one employee was sheltered while the other employees were ran off.
Pros
benfits
Cons
favoritism, believing people because they are your friend
Love it
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 20, 2017
Topically on days I work the grill I'm so busy I barely get a break because everyone loves my cooking... I loved cooking... On the register is even easier.. Everyone is usually ready so they can eat and back to work they go ..
Teaching and caring
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 6, 2017
Decatur Memorial Hospital has a good reputation and growing in the area. Staff are encouraged to continue their education and skills . Pt safety and satisfaction are their mission.
Great workplace
HOST/TRANSPORT AIDE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 30, 2017
Great place, great people, just a great environment. The employees are nice, and the hospital is one of the best in central Illinois. I would suggest anyone looking for employment to apply to DMH.
Benefits
Cons
Bad attitudes
Ok to start out, but not someplace for long term
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 27, 2017
I enjoy working for the physicians office, but the compensation is laughable, and the benefits are terrible. The office is a good environment and direct management is great, but upper management leaves much to be desired. You're concerns are not a priority.
Pros
Great management, great office culture
Cons
poor benefits, upper management doesn't care about employees needs