Decatur Memorial Hospital

Decatur Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

They offer outstanding services, however working there is not the best nor most exciting place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: if your child is sick they offer a room for them so you can still work.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I cleaned daily patient rooms, check outs, and utility rooms. I worked in every area possible including surgical areas.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, IlJuly 15, 2014
The multiphone line would start ringing at 8:30am and not stop until 4pm. The customers were nice and polite and I loved talking to them. The doctors knew nothing about me because they never talked to me. The boss didn't know how to be a boss except for when she was writing people up for doing something wrong. The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to get answers for the patients. The most enjoyable part was all of my coworkers and their antics. – less
Great Hospital
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2014
Great hospital with great team, Outpatient, inpatient, hand clinic all with great experiences
Productive workplace with great teamwork and a wonderful fundemental foundation for nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 30, 2014
Nursing is a different experience everyday. At DMH you are taught to take care of your patients without bias. The employes have excellent customer service. I leave my job everyday knowing the nursing team and myself excelled in patient care.
Great place to learn and sharpen my skills
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: low pay and false evaluations
I enjoyed my working here because of the training I received and I was able to grow and use my leadership skills to exceed, however it was a challenge to work for such low pay and moral of the employees and the community makes it a difficult place to work.
Fun place to work have made a lot of friends
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 27, 2014
Worked at DMH for 14 years it's been a great learning experience. Most people are friendly and happy to help you in anyway.
no review
SLEEP TECH II (Former Employee), Decatur ilMarch 11, 2014
no review- there were some issues with the length of the drive and I had issues with the fact that they wanted me to run tests that were not in accordance with AASM standards
Great doctor willing to teach
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, IllinoisMarch 4, 2014
Pros: made everlasting friends, great benifits
Cons: management
I learned a lot from the doctor at the clinic I worked at. He was super friendly and willing to answer my questions and teach me. Employees were good to work with for the most part. Management was not helpful and often didn't help a situation.
I have gained additional on the job training .
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: steady work schedule
DMH is a great organization. DMH also offers fun and new learnig oppertunities.
I loved my job. Just hard to work with management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: working holidays and weekends. insurance benefits were not good.
I typed operative notes mostly. Acute care and some radiology. I learned how to listen and type and understand ethnic speaking doctors. Management was hard to work with on this job very demanding. Loved my coworkers. They kept raising the amount of work to be procedure each day which was compromising the accuracy of the the documents. I loved all the – more... knowledge that was involved with this job, new treatments, new medications and new procedures, very interesting. – less
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: the girls i got to work with and the nice thankful patients
Cons: almost everything
I liked working here because I like helping people. But working here is almost a joke. Management has their faves, pay not that great, benefits HA! a joke... I loved my girls I worked with. The best part was having a patient come to you and tell you how thankful they are for everything you have done for them. It really makes it all worth while :)
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment
LPN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 24, 2013
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment. Night shift was very quiet and slow paced
good place to get alot of experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 29, 2013
Pros: can get alot of experience
Cons: health insurance
Decatur Memorial is a high volume hospital. Co-workers are
always helpful. I learned to work independently while on nights.
Learned to do mammography and bone density.
RRT
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 23, 2013
Good use of education but not enough opportunity for advancement.
ENTA has become more like home than a job
LPN (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 31, 2013
Pros: catered lunch; great work environment
Cons: pay rate
Great place to work, I have been able to learn many skills to help my experience level and to encourage me to continue my education. Great environment for a novice fresh from school.
excellent imaging department which is progressive and well run
Student Radiographer (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2013
well trained technicians and pleasantly diversified staff. This experience was a student clinical, Unpaid, mandatory for program,awesome!
An organized moderately paced job
Bus Boy (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 26, 2013
Upon arrival at the cafeteria I would check in with my supervisor to let her know I was now on my shift afterwards I would put on a disposable gown as well as gloves for clearing off food trays. I learned how to maintain, operate, clean, and break down large machine dish washers. My management was organized and connected with his employees and made – more... sure any requests were attended to. My co-workers enjoyed their jobs and worked hard to maintain or exceed expectations and performance. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast paced times like lunch and dinner and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the machines. – less
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), FacilitiesJune 10, 2013
Cons: where do i start?
Not worth the double standards and corruption! Management is clueless.
Not much of a good job, terrible pay, benefits are not good for being a hospital
Security Officer (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 10, 2013
Pros: work schedule
Cons: pay, benefits, supervisor
The schedule was good plenty of time off but not enough money to enjoy your time off.
Most of the Employees are very helpful and good to work with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), ILJune 9, 2013
Pros: every other weekend off
Cons: most of the time i didn't get my breaks. or not enough help on the floor to get the job done.
Very busy and not enough help to make things run smoother. Most of the co-workers are great to work with. Supervisor is not a nice person. She is one moment nice and then the next she's off on a rampage. The hardest part is weekends not enough help and your lucky if you get your breaks. I like to work with the patients and most of my co-worker's.