Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

I wouldn't work in security
Security (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 25, 2017
Myself and a couple of others enjoyed working at Memorial except for the one person that seemed to have dirt on management because that person caused trouble , lied about other employees and could do nothing wrong. That employee was always late , lazy , rude, disrespectful , hateful to other security employees . That being the reason why multiple employees left that department. Multiple employees, that were better qualified( combat veterans, veterans) who were told that they didn"t know anything , and that it was real life not a video game in the security department . When management was spoken to about concerns the one employee was sheltered while the other employees were ran off.
Pros
benfits
Cons
favoritism, believing people because they are your friend
Love it
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 20, 2017
Topically on days I work the grill I'm so busy I barely get a break because everyone loves my cooking... I loved cooking... On the register is even easier.. Everyone is usually ready so they can eat and back to work they go ..
Teaching and caring
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 6, 2017
Decatur Memorial Hospital has a good reputation and growing in the area. Staff are encouraged to continue their education and skills . Pt safety and satisfaction are their mission.
Great workplace
HOST/TRANSPORT AIDE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 30, 2017
Great place, great people, just a great environment. The employees are nice, and the hospital is one of the best in central Illinois. I would suggest anyone looking for employment to apply to DMH.
Benefits
Cons
Bad attitudes
Ok to start out, but not someplace for long term
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 27, 2017
I enjoy working for the physicians office, but the compensation is laughable, and the benefits are terrible. The office is a good environment and direct management is great, but upper management leaves much to be desired. You're concerns are not a priority.
Pros
Great management, great office culture
Cons
poor benefits, upper management doesn't care about employees needs
Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INFebruary 27, 2017
Employees were wonderful as well as management. So many opportunities for advancement in the company and pay to give incentive to want to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 25, 2017
A awesome place to work. They really care about there employess. Everyone works together to get the job done. You would love it there. Pay is OK.....
Pros
Everyone works together
Cons
So of the management, pay
Dmh
Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 2, 2017
The workplace is pleasant. Busy place to work.
The hardest part of the job is death. Helping other people.
I have learned about the medical environment.
Great people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed the people that I worked with but the hospital at the time was run by an individual who sought to simply further himself. Has excellent physicians and nurses along with all other staff. Competes well with area hospitals.
Very nice hospital with great employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Have been working at DMH for over four years now, and it has been wonderful. Working 12 hour shifts really gives you a chance to bond with your employees.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
insurance is not all that great
awesome place to work
LABOR AND DELIVERY LPN/TECH (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 23, 2016
very good place to work, great opportunities for advancements and training. great benefits and community involvements. several opportunities to float throughout the hospital.
Pros
chances to move throughout the system
Cons
supervisors changes often
Admitting/Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2016
Great work environment and wonderful staff. Enjoyed my time there. Administration really appreciates their employees.
Good place to work with caring employees
Medical Group Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2016
Very busy walk in clinic. Average daily patients about 68. Good place to work. Great co-workers and caring providers. The hardest part of the job was driving in the snow.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Cold and snow
DMH Surgical Floor
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 24, 2016
There are some incredibly hard working and caring staff working on the surgery floor. However its very clicky and most staff members are drama and talk about everyone. Its very who knows who, who likes who place. If you can make it though the almost hazing like atmosphere and find your place in the group it gets better. Management is getting better. Call is terrible, too much call with too little incentive.
Pros
Staff really cares about patients
Cons
Amount of call doesnt equal pay
Good place to work!
Staff Radiographer PRN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 7, 2016
I have been with DMH for 8 years. I love the colleagues I get to work with. DMH also offers competitive salaries and the benefits are great.
I didn't like it.
Housekeeper 1 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 24, 2016
I cleaned 53 rooms a day and was paged to clean patient rooms to. I didn't like it at all. The rooms where not getting cleaned right people where getting staff infections and sick, I quit, didn't feel right about it.
great place to be
RN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2016
DMH is a great place to work. It offers a friendly work environment. Management works hard to see that the staff's needs are met. Benefits are fair and adequate. Pay is reasonable.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed
Excellent hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 15, 2016
This is an excellent hospital with first-rate patient care, education, and community involvement. Management involvement and support are mostly positive. Ideas are welcomed.
Pros
education opportunities, excellent patient care
Cons
fluctuations in staff
An okay place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 26, 2016
My coworkers were great to get along with. The problem was that cna's were given way to many patients to take care of 30 or more. One person cannot give quality care to that many patients.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
given too many patients
I was employed at DMH for 19 years, and enjoyed my work experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I started as an Office Assistant in 1997, and then filled several positions as a Case Manager, Wellness Coordinator, and CMA. They accommodated my schedule, and I was allowed to attend MA school while employed, as well as take some nursing classes.
A typical days work as a MA at DMH Express Care consisted of greeting patients, taking vitals, triaging, entering information into computer, administering medications, POCT, making referrals, and discharging.
Pros
12 hour days allowed days off during the week.
Cons
Not being able to take breaks or lunches on busy days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decatur Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Decatur Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location