Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Dmh
Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 2, 2017
The workplace is pleasant. Busy place to work.
The hardest part of the job is death. Helping other people.
I have learned about the medical environment.
Great people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed the people that I worked with but the hospital at the time was run by an individual who sought to simply further himself. Has excellent physicians and nurses along with all other staff. Competes well with area hospitals.
Very nice hospital with great employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Have been working at DMH for over four years now, and it has been wonderful. Working 12 hour shifts really gives you a chance to bond with your employees.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
insurance is not all that great
awesome place to work
LABOR AND DELIVERY LPN/TECH (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 23, 2016
very good place to work, great opportunities for advancements and training. great benefits and community involvements. several opportunities to float throughout the hospital.
Pros
chances to move throughout the system
Cons
supervisors changes often
Admitting/Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2016
Great work environment and wonderful staff. Enjoyed my time there. Administration really appreciates their employees.
Good place to work with caring employees
Medical Group Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2016
Very busy walk in clinic. Average daily patients about 68. Good place to work. Great co-workers and caring providers. The hardest part of the job was driving in the snow.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Cold and snow
DMH Surgical Floor
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 24, 2016
There are some incredibly hard working and caring staff working on the surgery floor. However its very clicky and most staff members are drama and talk about everyone. Its very who knows who, who likes who place. If you can make it though the almost hazing like atmosphere and find your place in the group it gets better. Management is getting better. Call is terrible, too much call with too little incentive.
Pros
Staff really cares about patients
Cons
Amount of call doesnt equal pay
Good place to work!
Staff Radiographer PRN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 7, 2016
I have been with DMH for 8 years. I love the colleagues I get to work with. DMH also offers competitive salaries and the benefits are great.
I didn't like it.
Housekeeper 1 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 24, 2016
I cleaned 53 rooms a day and was paged to clean patient rooms to. I didn't like it at all. The rooms where not getting cleaned right people where getting staff infections and sick, I quit, didn't feel right about it.
great place to be
RN (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 21, 2016
DMH is a great place to work. It offers a friendly work environment. Management works hard to see that the staff's needs are met. Benefits are fair and adequate. Pay is reasonable.
Pros
great people
Cons
short staffed
Excellent hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 15, 2016
This is an excellent hospital with first-rate patient care, education, and community involvement. Management involvement and support are mostly positive. Ideas are welcomed.
Pros
education opportunities, excellent patient care
Cons
fluctuations in staff
An okay place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 26, 2016
My coworkers were great to get along with. The problem was that cna's were given way to many patients to take care of 30 or more. One person cannot give quality care to that many patients.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
given too many patients
I was employed at DMH for 19 years, and enjoyed my work experience.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I started as an Office Assistant in 1997, and then filled several positions as a Case Manager, Wellness Coordinator, and CMA. They accommodated my schedule, and I was allowed to attend MA school while employed, as well as take some nursing classes.
A typical days work as a MA at DMH Express Care consisted of greeting patients, taking vitals, triaging, entering information into computer, administering medications, POCT, making referrals, and discharging.
Pros
12 hour days allowed days off during the week.
Cons
Not being able to take breaks or lunches on busy days.
Productive and rewarding
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 23, 2016
The typical day at work would be a learning experience when it comes to being introduced to working hospital security on a professional level. I learned how to be more punctual when it comes to observing, report writing on incidents, and safety issues that effect hospital security as a whole. The management team was consistent. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that this was the first security officer job that prepared me for what I am a professional in today. Not only this is my hometown of Decatur, Illinois, but working at Decatur Memorial Hospital gave me a sense of pride and respect as a person and an officer of the field of security, correction, and law enforcement as awhole.
Pros
Prepare me to be the professional that I am today
Cons
N/A
Great small town feel in a major medical center
Interim Executive Director and Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 4, 2016
This hospital is the most welcoming and supportive I have ever worked for. A rare level of interdepartmental support and sense of common goals and team work.
I worked very hard for this company almost non stop on the road for nine months and its really sad what they did
Mobile Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I was hired on here on Dec. 1, 2014 And on Jan. 05, 2015 took off on the road for training as a Mobile Unit Assistant on there occupational health part of the business for what would be almost a non-stop trip states not in order:
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska. Some states returned back to multiple times. In September two days before I was suppose to leave on my scheduled week vacation (ETO TIME) my mom called and said my dad had a heart attack so I left for Oklahoma. During the same week on that Friday of my vacation my Dad passed away. The next day my boss calls says I leave Tuesday for Nebraska. I Drive all the way back to Illinois and then leave for Nebraska
got back around 7:30 pm on Friday Sept. 18. the following morning i get a call i leave in the morning for st louis... no i'm not going. I'm stressed and exhausted and got me
A position i resigned from . I was told by someone who hired me she was going to find me another position here even asked if i preferred days and she would call..........................................didn't happen at the end of Oct. i got a letter from the insurance that was made out on OCT. 16 that my insurance was cancelled because of termination on OCT 1.
too many things to list that i have say because this wasn't the only things
policies? procedures?Guidlines?
I made this a very short version of everything while i worked there
Pros
i liked travel and seeing new people around the united states
Cons
theres really no breaktime for anything
Great Learning Opportunities
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 21, 2015
A great place to work and grow as a professional. Several training programs housed within the hospital including a nurse anesthesia training program which awards a DNP upon completion.
good company to work for
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 6, 2015
Stressful at times due to senior management. Good fellow employees. Many long term employees. Good benefits. Pay raises are pay for performance.
Pros
nice cafe for lunch, breaks
Administrative Analyst
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 5, 2015
Data entry, internal audits, reporting to health department and etc. I absolutely loved my job, great staff and team work. Many changes were being made at the hospital and after fifteen years time to move forward.
Productive and friendly environment.
Computer Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 26, 2015
The staff were very helpful and insightful. Never had any personal issues with anyone on the staff. The IT team worked really well together to achieve goals and complete tasks in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decatur Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

87%