Decatur Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

first Nursing Job
REGISTERED NURSE/Clinical Lead (Current Employee), Arthur, ILJuly 22, 2015
Very poor communication from administration. No support for growth in career/ experience.
Compensation: well under average for the state.
Unconfortable working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 13, 2015
Inconsistent and erratic management. Training is minimal and it is a learn on the fly environment.
Got along well with most coworkers.
Enjoyed interacting with patients and staff.
Great place to start
Sports Performance and Enhancement Intern (Former Employee), Decatur IllinoisApril 15, 2015
I was only an intern for one summer during their sports performance and enhancement sessions. It was a pretty friendly work environment and it seemed like a good place to start ones career.
An excellent place to work
RN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: team focused, $1, 000 annual healthcare spending allowance for family
Cons: $5, 000 deductible for health insurance
Fast paced environment. Learned new information daily. Compassionate management team. Coworkers had a "team" mindset, always looking out for one another. The hardest part of the job was growing so attached – more... to the terminal patients and being present for them and their families during their transitions into death. The most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with the patients, helping them to understand their disease processes and guiding them towards the most optimum outcome. – less
IT WAS UNDER APPRESIATED
Generalist rotating between departments (Former Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 21, 2014
IT WAS LONG WITH SHORT OF STAFF EVERYDAY. I LEARNED ALOT BUT IT WAS SOMETHING I DESERVE IT. THEY HAD A VERY GOOD MANAGEMENT BUT WORKERS WAS SLAPPY. AS I SAID THE WORST DAY AND THE MOST UNDER APPRESIATED DAY WAS THE DAY WARK IN THE CHEMISTERY DEPARTMENT AND ALL THE WORKERS SIT THEIR AND LOUGH AT ME. THE MOST ENJOYABLE DAY WAS THE DAY I AM THE HELPER AND HELPING.
They offer outstanding services, however working there is not the best nor most exciting place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: if your child is sick they offer a room for them so you can still work.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I cleaned daily patient rooms, check outs, and utility rooms. I worked in every area possible including surgical areas.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, IlJuly 15, 2014
The multiphone line would start ringing at 8:30am and not stop until 4pm. The customers were nice and polite and I loved talking to them. The doctors knew nothing about me because they never talked to – more... me. The boss didn't know how to be a boss except for when she was writing people up for doing something wrong. The hardest part of the job was trying to get answers for the patients. The most enjoyable part was all of my coworkers and their antics. – less
Great Hospital
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 9, 2014
Great hospital with great team, Outpatient, inpatient, hand clinic all with great experiences
Productive workplace with great teamwork and a wonderful fundemental foundation for nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJune 30, 2014
Nursing is a different experience everyday. At DMH you are taught to take care of your patients without bias. The employes have excellent customer service. I leave my job everyday knowing the nursing team and myself excelled in patient care.
Great place to learn and sharpen my skills
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: low pay and false evaluations
I enjoyed my working here because of the training I received and I was able to grow and use my leadership skills to exceed, however it was a challenge to work for such low pay and moral of the employees and the community makes it a difficult place to work.
Fun place to work have made a lot of friends
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 27, 2014
Worked at DMH for 14 years it's been a great learning experience. Most people are friendly and happy to help you in anyway.
no review
SLEEP TECH II (Former Employee), Decatur ilMarch 11, 2014
no review- there were some issues with the length of the drive and I had issues with the fact that they wanted me to run tests that were not in accordance with AASM standards
I have gained additional on the job training .
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: steady work schedule
DMH is a great organization. DMH also offers fun and new learnig oppertunities.
I loved my job. Just hard to work with management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: working holidays and weekends. insurance benefits were not good.
I typed operative notes mostly. Acute care and some radiology. I learned how to listen and type and understand ethnic speaking doctors. Management was hard to work with on this job very demanding. Loved – more... my coworkers. They kept raising the amount of work to be procedure each day which was compromising the accuracy of the the documents. I loved all the knowledge that was involved with this job, new treatments, new medications and new procedures, very interesting. – less
Stressful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: the girls i got to work with and the nice thankful patients
Cons: almost everything
I liked working here because I like helping people. But working here is almost a joke. Management has their faves, pay not that great, benefits HA! a joke... I loved my girls I worked with. The best part was having a patient come to you and tell you how thankful they are for everything you have done for them. It really makes it all worth while :)
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment
LPN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 24, 2013
Only worked for a short time, but good stable employment. Night shift was very quiet and slow paced
Friendly environment
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Management listens to you, co-workers and seniors are friendly.
good place to get alot of experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 29, 2013
Pros: can get alot of experience
Cons: health insurance
Decatur Memorial is a high volume hospital. Co-workers are
always helpful. I learned to work independently while on nights.
Learned to do mammography and bone density.
RRT
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 23, 2013
Good use of education but not enough opportunity for advancement.
ENTA has become more like home than a job
LPN (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 31, 2013
Pros: catered lunch; great work environment
Cons: pay rate
Great place to work, I have been able to learn many skills to help my experience level and to encourage me to continue my education. Great environment for a novice fresh from school.